The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sharpshooter
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1334271/Eight-want-tighter-controls-immigration---Lib-Dem-voters-want-cap.html

(Here's the poll in full)

http://www.migrationwatchuk.org/excel/YouGov-Poll-Restricting-NonEC-Mig301110.xls

A YouGov/Migration watch poll has recently shown that 73% of British people conducted in their poll responded to being unhappy at the prospect of Britain becoming a white minority state by 2066.

The poll also showed that 81% of British support the immigration cap introduced by the conservatives.

Tbh I'm quite disgusted at this poll. Regardless of what you say about YouGov or Migration Watch it shows that there are clearly a lot of people do not like this. Britain has about 11-12% of ethnic minorities as it's population not to mention and I'm pretty most of those didn't respond to being unhappy. Which doesn't say much about everyone else in the poll.

It's clear that white Britain is still quite racist. This is supposed to be good thing for the country for christ sake!

Yep, I'm a racist, I judge people based on their race.

I also judge people based on their height, hair colour, eye colour, weight, and all other characteristics that they have.

Of course, you only get arrested for judging people based on race.

People need to learn the distinction between "racism" and "hatred of people of a different race."
Original post by imperial maniac

I also judge people based on their height, hair colour, eye colour, weight, and all other characteristics that they have.

People need to learn the distinction between "racism" and "hatred of people of a different race."

you are as deep as puddle, you superficial bi.t.ch
(edited 12 years ago)
I wish I belong to the minority no matter where I am, in fact I'd be extremely happy if I'm THE only one different race (from ALL the other people) in a country.
Reply 283

Strange. I can somewhat understand you judging people on weight. But height, hair colour, eye colour and race? You would make assumptions about a person's personality based on characteristics they can't change?

That's pretty stupid, to be honest.
Original post by Sharpshooter
So the concept of "dark planet" which some of those on stormfront are fearing might actually be coming true. Poor births rates from whites primarly. Too rich and are declining. White decline, Obama's election was evident of that.

As I said before, the notion is ridiculous and you can't convince me other wise. Your last statement is evidence of how simplistic your conclusions are.
stats have to be taken with a pinch of salt....coming from a British-Asian i sincerely doubt that by 2066 the white Britons of this country will be a minority...this is just the sort of fuel the Daily Wail will release to further fuel hatred within groups such as the English Dunce League/British Nazi Party towards ethnic minorities.
(edited 12 years ago)

Are you retarded, out of interest?
Original post by Singh993

I too would like to know the answer to that question. It's probably the most retarded statement I have ever come across :lol:
Original post by Cesar Lecat
I too would like to know the answer to that question. It's probably the most retarded statement I have ever come across :lol:

Haha I worry for some people on TSR at times..:redface:
Hopefully white people stay the majority but this will be hard after Labour let in so many non European immigrants mainly to secure votes for upcoming elections.
Original post by No Man
I'm sure The Japanese, Chinese, Nigerians, Arabs, Koreans, and Hispanics would also be unhappy if they became the minority race in their countries.

It's not racist. It's how the human race works.

Yh like thats ever going to happen...:facepalm2:

and FYI - Hispanics are MIXED RACE in South America - White, Black, Native American etc. ancestry.

Get your facts right for FFS.
Reply 291
Original post by slavetosociety
Yh like thats ever going to happen...:facepalm2:

and FYI - Hispanics are MIXED RACE in South America - White, Black, Native American etc. ancestry.

Get your facts right for FFS.

Hispanics have become mixed race over centuries.
They didn't all get outnumbered by immigrants (who were white people obvs) over a few decades.

No countries' people would be happy if they became the minority race/nationality in their own country if they used to make up the majority.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by No Man
Hispanics have become mixed race over centuries.
They didn't all get outnumbered by immirgrants (who were white people obvs) over a few decades.

No countries' people would be happy if they became the minority race/nationality in their own country if they used to make up the majority.

But if its going to happen in 100 - 200 years time, why the worry now?
Its as if knowing that life on Earth could be threatened if the super volcano at Yellowstone erupts anytime soon in the future. But we're not ****ting our pants and preparing for it right now are we?

Life goes on.

/thread.
I would feel very uncomfortable if whites became a minority in Britain within my lifetime. Britain has it's own rich culture which I have grown up in, it's my home, I wouldn't want that culture to die.

Japan has it's own fantastic culture, it's own history, music, native religions, sports (SUMO!), delicious cuisine, literature and language. I would be equally sad if Japanese became a racial minority in their own Country.

Egypt has it's own rich history, cuisine, music, fashion and culture. I would be equally sad if Egyptians became a racial minority in their own Country.

Brazil has it's own cultural history, food, music, sport, dance and film. I would be equally sad if Brazilians became a racial minority in their own Country.

If all countries became homogeneous and indistinguishable, that would be a sad thing. I don't understand how this proves that White Britons are racist?
Reply 294
Original post by screenager2004
I would feel very uncomfortable if whites became a minority in Britain within my lifetime. Britain has it's own rich culture which I have grown up in, it's my home, I wouldn't want that culture to die.

Japan has it's own fantastic culture, it's own history, music, native religions, sports (SUMO!), delicious cuisine, literature and language. I would be equally sad if Japanese became a racial minority in their own Country.

Egypt has it's own rich history, cuisine, music, fashion and culture. I would be equally sad if Egyptians became a racial minority in their own Country.

Brazil has it's own cultural history, food, music, sport, dance and film. I would be equally sad if Brazilians became a racial minority in their own Country.

If all countries became homogeneous and indistinguishable, that would be a sad thing. I don't understand how this proves that White Britons are racist?

Brazil doesn't really have a racial majority, but it's more their culture/way of life that would be destroyed if immigrants outnumbered them before integrating first.
indeed, british are being the minority group not only in their own country but also among the european countries and US (less white demography).

Just go have more babies, ok??
(edited 12 years ago)
"73% Of British Would be Unhappy If Britain Became A White Minority State "

So in other words, we already have 27% non-white population.

This does not surprise me.
Original post by Singh993

No, he's saying that acknowledging or at least entertaining the possibility of differences between races which transcend skin colour is considered racism but does not automatically infer hatred of other races.
Original post by OdinsThunder
No, he's saying that acknowledging or at least entertaining the possibility of differences between races which transcend skin colour is considered racism but does not automatically infer hatred of other races.

Please man - don't defend stupidity.
Reply 299
Original post by Jackthevillain
Hopefully white people stay the majority but this will be hard after Labour let in so many non European immigrants mainly to secure votes for upcoming elections.

I think Labour were right with their immigration policy. A more diverse Britain has certainly made Britain a better country. And it will continue to do so as we become more non-white.

Latest

Trending

Trending