The Student Room Group

too old?

anon cause its just weird and i dont really undrstand why people have to justify being anon, meh im new ish to tsr anyway...
i like this guy and he also likes me but hes 11 years older then me and atm im a minor so it seems loads, worse then it is but am i just trying too make it seem alright is 11 years too much of a age gap?:confused:

Scroll to see replies

If you are under 16 then YES it is too much of a gap!
Reply 2
Original post by -honeybee-

If you are under 16 then YES it is too much of a gap!

damn, hmm ok thanks that helps but damn :s-smilie:
Original post by Anonymous

What did you expect anyone to say? It is illegal and, you may not realise it now, but the difference in maturity, life experience, expectations and ambitions between you will be vast.

Think. Why would someone 11 years your senior really have interest in a girl under 16?
x

How old are you?
Reply 6

How old are you?

14 :s-smilie: i know its ****ed up trust me i do at first he said he was 19 and i laughed and kept saying he was a perv then a week later he said 'i have something to tell you' and he said he was 25 :O i was like shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttt
Yes, it is too old.

You know your potential partner is too old when your parents don't accept him/her. So, tell your parents about it.
If you are under 16, then yes, I think it is too big an age gap.
Reply 9
If he's being in any way suggestive of having a relationship with you, even if he's not focusing on anything sexual, please let an adult know. If a man much older has to resort to friendship with young girls you know there is something wrong.

I know this is hard to hear now, believe me, I have experience. You might think that they're different from others, and they do geniunely have feelings for you and they're not just after sex. But a man doesn't have to be a fat fifty year old living in a basement to be a paedophile. Over half of all registered paedophiles are under the age of thirty.
I can only sit and think how different 14 and 25 year olds are... it really only works if you're on the same page, which you might be once you reached 18 or something. But 14? He could have been working for 10 years and you're still in school, huge difference in life experience.
Reply 11
As a 25 year old male, dont even go there.
Reply 12
Original post by shorty.loves.angels

Original post by shorty.loves.angels
I can only sit and think how different 14 and 25 year olds are... it really only works if you're on the same page, which you might be once you reached 18 or something. But 14? He could have been working for 10 years and you're still in school, huge difference in life experience.

i know, dont get me wrong he has suggested we go out (like date and stuff) but hes made it clear once im 18, we get along really well we're both pretty suprsed how alike we are like we completely relate toop eachother so were just friends for now but when im 18 itll be more socially acceptable but i dont think itll ever be fully but meh
Reply 13
Ew. Just ew.
One, why would you want to date a mature man, stick to Justin Beiber (Even he's too old for you)
And two, I think he needs reporting to the police because that is just creepy and weird.

You're a child. Undeveloped in every way. Live with your parents (I assume), go to school, can't go out drinking, most important thing in your life is probably nail varnish or maths.

He is an adult, probably has a full time job, a house, probably had a lot of sex and will expect it. Any man that age who'd even be friends with a 14 year old is slightly weird, let alone anything romantic.
First of all, thats illegal... i really wouldn't recommend going any further with it. Seriously ask yourself why he's interested in someone so young!

You're completely different people, with different aims in life, and you have plenty of time to date 25 year olds in 11 years time. :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by MathematicsKiller
You know your potential partner is too old when your parents don't accept him/her. So, tell your parents about it.

My age gap is 10 years and my parents love my bloke. Winning. :mmm:

Although to be fair, I'm not jailbait. :awesome:
Original post by Cicerao
My age gap is 10 years and my parents love my bloke. Winning. :mmm:

Although to be fair, I'm not jailbait. :awesome:

The video in your signature is very disturbing.
14 :s-smilie: i know its ****ed up trust me i do at first he said he was 19 and i laughed and kept saying he was a perv then a week later he said 'i have something to tell you' and he said he was 25 :O i was like shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttt

:eek: Please forget about this guy. You need to question what a 25 year old man would see in a 14 year old child. The fact that he lied to you about his age shows that he knows it is inappropriate and you have said you know that nothing can happen between the two of you so end it now before he expects anything/you get sucked in. What would your parents say if they knew? Even if he was 19 it would still be wrong. When I was 14, a 16 year old boy kept asking me out and my parents were not happy!
Reply 18
Original post by MathematicsKiller
The video in your signature is very disturbing.

Why? They just be makin' some sweet, sweet love to the furniture. Or furni, as I like to call it. :sexface:
Reply 19
anon cause its just weird and i dont really undrstand why people have to justify being anon, meh im new ish to tsr anyway...
i like this guy and he also likes me but hes 11 years older then me and atm im a minor so it seems loads, worse then it is but am i just trying too make it seem alright is 11 years too much of a age gap?:confused:

He's a pedo who's grooming you. Run the **** away and keep your distance from this dude.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending