The Student Room Group

"Do you believe romantic men exist out there?"

Scroll to see replies

Original post by surina_xxx

He does exist! :yep:
I'm sceptical. Guys can be romantic, yes but sex needs to be made less of an issue first. I'd say it's the overriding factor. Once it matters less to the guy then there's a much higher chance of romance.

I can be romantic but I'm horny as hell, it's not easy to ignore hormones.
Reply 82
Original post by im so academic
Simple question, and I'm asking this just to compare male and female responses.

My opinion: honestly, yes. Asked me that question only a few days ago and I would deny it like hell. But really, you just never know, and I got pleasantly surprised that not all men are lustful pricks. Some, but not all. :h:

Life does have many surprises. :moon:

Yeah, this guy:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1622797
Reply 83
Real person?

Some people on here believe that you're a sort of comedy/tragedy creation of a pretty good writer.
Original post by alexs2602
I'm sceptical. Guys can be romantic, yes but sex needs to be made less of an issue first. I'd say it's the overriding factor. Once it matters less to the guy then there's a much higher chance of romance.

I can be romantic but I'm horny as hell, it's not easy to ignore hormones.

That's not romantic. :frown:
Original post by Planar

Original post by Planar
Some people on here believe that you're a sort of comedy/tragedy creation of a pretty good writer.

That's quite sweet. :love:
We do exist but end up either becoming gay or just living alone because it gets you nowhere and everyone says they want romance when no... most of the time they don't. So you get your hopes built up so many times just to get knocked back down to square one.

A better question would be are there any romantic girls left out there...
Reply 87
That's quite sweet. :love:

Is it? You're welcome.

Incidentally: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4VlruVG81w&feature=related
Aww.

Puppy love.
I am a 'lustful prick' at times as you put it, all men are, but I also have an acutely sensitive and romantic side. They are not mutually exclusive. It depends what someone brings out in you.
Reply 90
Original post by Darcy
I was attempting to show imso how there truly is a lot more romantic men out there than she realises but it is not very apparent with all the typical threads found in the H&R section. This is what spurred the idea to post a poll upon the matter.

Good Luck.
Original post by The Mr Z
"im so in love with user "Darcy" - hes so romantic"
^This someone?

awwwwww, good for you ISA, that's fantastic. :lovehug:

The answer's so a yes! As you've just shown, if you're worth it eventually one will come along.

hell, the whole H&R forum is a demonstration that lovely, romantic people exist from both sexes, and generally spend a while getting screwed over by the world for being so, until finally they bump into each other!
And then they stop posting, because there's no need to any more!

What a genuinely lovely thing to post. You've just proved that you're a very lovely person :smile:
I'll rep you when I've got some.

And congrats ISA, hope all goes well :smile:
Well, they aren't truly romantic, are they?

Yes they are, but why do something if it is only going to scare the woman away because she is to insecure/immature? Also look at how many British girls drink beer and act like men. Do you think they want to be romanced or to be taken in the park by the local football team? :rolleyes:
Reply 93
What makes a guy romantic? I don't really get it.
I hope so.
Original post by Chillaxer

Original post by Chillaxer
I am a 'lustful prick' at times as you put it, all men are, but I also have an acutely sensitive and romantic side. They are not mutually exclusive. It depends what someone brings out in you.

No.
"Every pretty girl deserves to go to a ball"
Original post by RequiemForADream

Original post by RequiemForADream
"Every pretty girl deserves to go to a ball"

Define "pretty".
That's not romantic. :frown:

If a single guy puts romance for the sake of romance before sex then I'll be very surprised. It's just not realistic.
Define "pretty".

You.

Happy now?

Quick Reply

Latest