The Student Room Group

Is it easier to meet women at university, or the same?

Or is it just as difficult as normal? I don't have much luck with women as it is, so what would be my chances at Uni? I just want to get laid would be fine, because it's been so long since I last had sex. I'm always getting attention from girls because I have a nice body, my facial good looks are so so, but I still get attention from girls. My problem is that I don't follow it up, so I end up empty handed because I don't do anything about it. For example, today I was in the gym and this girl was coming down the stairs, so I waited for her to come down and she made eye contact with me about 3 times, and she was smiling, so I guessed she was into me. I can usually tell when a girl isn't into me, so telling when she is into me is a little easier. Anyway, I'm going off track here. So yeah, is it generally easier to meet women at University?
Reply 1
Original post by Mrbuster
Or is it just as difficult as normal? I don't have much luck with women as it is, so what would be my chances at Uni? I just want to get laid would be fine, because it's been so long since I last had sex. I'm always getting attention from girls because I have a nice body, my facial good looks are so so, but I still get attention from girls. My problem is that I don't follow it up, so I end up empty handed because I don't do anything about it. For example, today I was in the gym and this girl was coming down the stairs, so I waited for her to come down and she made eye contact with me about 3 times, and she was smiling, so I guessed she was into me. I can usually tell when a girl isn't into me, so telling when she is into me is a little easier. Anyway, I'm going off track here. So yeah, is it generally easier to meet women at University?

I'd say so yeah. Just because of all the different societies offered at the union its easier to meet people. Obviously if your just looking for a one nighter type thing theres bar crawls and usually good nights out at unions, as well as student discounts in some clubs.
I think you are asking the wrong question - from your post you are evidently able to "meet" women, you just seem unable to engage them...thus you should work on your confidence, especially if you think you are socially aware enough to tell when a girl may be receptive to you.

Just go for it, if you say something and they scorn you, you are no worse off than you started - indeed a lucky escape from someone with so little patience
My problem is that I don't follow it up

Address this and you'll be fine - even if you just say something basic like 'hi' which isn't exactly putting yourself on the line :wink:
Reply 4
Original post by Carpediemxx

Original post by Carpediemxx
I think you are asking the wrong question - from your post you are evidently able to "meet" women, you just seem unable to engage them...thus you should work on your confidence, especially if you think you are socially aware enough to tell when a girl may be receptive to you.

Just go for it, if you say something and they scorn you, you are no worse off than you started - indeed a lucky escape from someone with so little patience

I know, I know man! really f..king annoying that I worry about what to say, so I end up missing out. The girl at the gym had a great body and her face wasn't bad either, so I messed up big time there. ARRRGGGGHHH DAMMIT! lol.
I know, I know man! really f..king annoying that I worry about what to say, so I end up missing out. The girl at the gym had a great body and her face wasn't bad either, so I messed up big time there. ARRRGGGGHHH DAMMIT! lol.

Just say Hi and some comment about the gym, you don't need some smooth pick up line. If she is into you, she is more likely to reply, and even with more than " hi" back. If it seems you connect, then just ask what she is up to after the gym, or whether she wants to go out for a drink later.
Easy to say, but a simple " hi" can really tell you so much about the situation and whether you can go further
More or less the same.

General rule of thumb, if you were popular with the girls in 6th form/college, you will be popular with the girls at uni. If girls weren't really interested in 6th form/college, then most girls won't be interested in uni. You will meet the same type of girls at uni that you did in college. The only difference I would say is, because there are more of them, taking the long term view over 3 years at uni, you have got better chance of finding somebody somewhere that takes an interest.

So guys who have never had any experience with girls before uni, may find a girl at some point during their three years, but they shouldn't go to uni with expectations that it is a sex fest and all these girls from different parts of the country are waiting to get with them in freshers week. There are more girls, but there is also more competition, there will be a lot of lads coming to uni who are experienced with girls, used to getting attention from girls and have the confidence that comes with that.

Bear in mind that a fair proportion of people, male and female, arrive at university lacking experience with the opposite sex. They all have the same uncertainties - how do you meet the opposite sex, how do you interact with them if you are shy, how do you deal with rejection, what if it gets to a stage of sex and you haven't done it before, will you know what to do? But it is much easier for the inexperienced girls than the inexperienced guys. There will be experienced guys who arrive at uni knowing that girls usually give them attention, knowing that they are sexually experienced and will know what to do in bed, and they have that fearless confidence that radiates off them. Girls can sense this, so the inexperienced girls who are wanting to have some new experiences at uni, will gravitate towards these guys (who generally will sleep around with a lot of girls) and will find the guy takes care of introducing them to sexual experience. But the reverse doesn't work because the experienced girls, are not looking out for the inexperienced guys, by and large they have their sights set higher on the confident experienced guys. So it is much harder for guys to start getting experience with girls.
Reply 7
Original post by MagicNMedicine

More or less the same.

General rule of thumb, if you were popular with the girls in 6th form/college, you will be popular with the girls at uni. If girls weren't really interested in 6th form/college, then most girls won't be interested in uni. You will meet the same type of girls at uni that you did in college. The only difference I would say is, because there are more of them, taking the long term view over 3 years at uni, you have got better chance of finding somebody somewhere that takes an interest.

So guys who have never had any experience with girls before uni, may find a girl at some point during their three years, but they shouldn't go to uni with expectations that it is a sex fest and all these girls from different parts of the country are waiting to get with them in freshers week. There are more girls, but there is also more competition, there will be a lot of lads coming to uni who are experienced with girls, used to getting attention from girls and have the confidence that comes with that.

Bear in mind that a fair proportion of people, male and female, arrive at university lacking experience with the opposite sex. They all have the same uncertainties - how do you meet the opposite sex, how do you interact with them if you are shy, how do you deal with rejection, what if it gets to a stage of sex and you haven't done it before, will you know what to do? But it is much easier for the inexperienced girls than the inexperienced guys. There will be experienced guys who arrive at uni knowing that girls usually give them attention, knowing that they are sexually experienced and will know what to do in bed, and they have that fearless confidence that radiates off them. Girls can sense this, so the inexperienced girls who are wanting to have some new experiences at uni, will gravitate towards these guys (who generally will sleep around with a lot of girls) and will find the guy takes care of introducing them to sexual experience. But the reverse doesn't work because the experienced girls, are not looking out for the inexperienced guys, by and large they have their sights set higher on the confident experienced guys. So it is much harder for guys to start getting experience with girls.

Well I am planning on going to a Uni with more girls than guys, so maybe that will be in my favour. To be honest, I get attention (I'm not a bad looking guy) it's just building up confidence in myself. I am not a shy guy, I'll conversate when needed and I don't mind speaking to random people.
More or less the same.

This is so true. The inexperienced guys have it so much harder. I am a 20 year old male virgin. Not even kissed before. I am almost at the end of my second year of university and I have no experience with girls.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending