The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by spacepirate-James
Hmm. I still think it's really something to do with the suit.

I think the Silents work for the Master (or someone) who is trying to create timelords again. The Master got the Silents to go around the universe to steal technology...

...to make the Tardis (we saw in the Lodger), and the 'regeneration spacesuit'.

And then there was some baby stealing....

or something :erm:

EDIT: Perhaps there's something to do with the Tardis turning into the woman (?) aowrufsjwfnjs i dunno. sfjuiwejsnfwhuesdjmind****.

EDIT2: Oh yeah, there's some incest going on.

I like the idea of someone trying to re create the timelords but I don't think it would be the Master. I think it could be the Silence themselves. They took over the earth so but want the timelords power and tech so they could take over the universe. If they could regenerate and could travel in time they could control everywhere form the beginning of time or guide the universe to it's end
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
I got the impression she said it, then turned around and seen him then talked to him. She was talking to herself when she said it.

In that case, I'll rewatch it later.

I'll also be on the look out for Amy's throwaway lines. So far the line about the baby being/having a time head springs to mind but we'll see.
Also, this whole thing is made so much more complicated by the fact that you forget the Silence, so I'm sure there will be elements of the plot that pop up out of sync because they were forgotten but then remembered at a different time. The Silence are a pretty clever way of the viewer not latching onto the plot too easily because they're not straight forward monsters. So, the writers can hide what might be a fairly straight forward plot line into a complicated one simply by manipulating the chronology of the scenes and characters.

Original post by sleekchic
old fella/old man also = husband (which annoys the hell out of me but let's forget that) Besides it wouldn't make sense if she meant Rory because she was talking to him.

That's true. Unless she was talking about someone else. It seems too obvious to be the Doctor. I think Moffat & co would know that people would guess the girl to be Amy's daughter - it's too obvious so there has to be something else.

Original post by Don'tNod
I might be clinging to straws here but that would also explain why the two of them made that comment about the Doctor just dropping out of the sky. :dontknow:

Don't cling to straws in Doctor Who! Anything's possible.

Original post by Madjackismad
Amy Pond and River Song

:holmes:

Oh hell, yeah! That's too much of a coincidence to not mean anything.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by JWH
I think that bit is more important than you would think. The woman said "She's only sleeping" I can't figure out if she was referring to Amy or the girl.

Thanks for reminding me about that. What the hell was going on there?

The still dreaming thing makes me think she was actually dreaming and they took something from Amy?

She looked out and Amy was exploring, so maybe the girl was dreaming. Argh, that scene is so strange.
Original post by Rascacielos

Awesome idea. Maybe the old guy in the orphanage has something to do with it. He was too weird to be insignificant. I doubt it would be the Master though - his reign was in Tennant's era, it would be a bit of a shame to bring him back, IMO.

I can't see The Master coming back. I know he's one of the Doctor's oldest enemies, appearing on the old show as well as the Russell T Davies penned shows, but didn't he kind of redeem himself? This is Doctor Who though, so they'll probably come up with some excuse.

I dunno...There have been article-hints dropped on digital spy etc...but I don't think the Master might come back either. It would be a bit too soon. And somewhat a cop out.

Maybe the Tardis is getting lonely and wants more time lords? :p:

Ape Gone Insane
She looked out and Amy was exploring, so maybe the girl was dreaming. Argh, that scene is so strange.

Which scene was this?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 385
Original post by Stressworthy
I agree - the fact that it was so quick and so intriguing means it's probably one of the most important bits, knowing Doctor Who.

That's exactly what I think it is so easy to forget that when referenced in a later ep it would be rather surprising plus you can't make heads or tails of it either so most people would just ignore or forget it.
Would 'old fella' mean either...

1) 'Old' someone old, 'fella' husband/partner, = Doctor, 900 odd years old. The kiss and how she reacted at the end of the episode gets me thinking its likely.

OR

2) 'Old fella' = Dad = Rory?
Oh does anyone have any thoughts on the Doctor going off on adventures instead of looking for the little girl because you only live once. I wonder if that's a hint to his death as in knowing that finding the girl = his death in 2011.
It is a bit odd that they are both named with relation to water. :p:

It can't be a coincidence, surely! :s-smilie:
Did anyone else get confused in the fight scene when River turned round to look at Rory and she didn't seem to forget the whole silent scene/thing?

?
Reply 390
Also another thing the space suit, we know the Silence made it but it is speculated it could act on it's own. If the girl is Amy's maybe it used the fact she would have some time particals in here (Tardis radiation) to induce timelord like abilities into it's occupant but needed the particals in the first place to induce them. So it captured Amy's kid and tried to give it the abilties. A child would still be growing and changing so I would imagine it would be more possible for it to be able to get the ability to regenerate
Oh does anyone have any thoughts on the Doctor going off on adventures instead of looking for the little girl because you only live once. I wonder if that's a hint to his death as in knowing that finding the girl = his death in 2011.

The girl wouldn't be his murderer now that she's out of the suit.

But he doesn't know about his death does he?

Did anyone else get confused in the fight scene when River turned round to look at Rory and she didn't seem to forget the whole silent scene/thing?

?

I noticed that too. Also, during the scene where the Doctor was giving his "oh, I've figured you out, I'm so awesome, you've just crucified yourselves!" spiel, there was a moment where he looked completely away from the Silence and still kept talking as if he hadn't forgotten them.
(edited 12 years ago)
What happened in the 'still dreaming' scene? I realise who the woman is, but how did she get there.

Ape Gone Insane
x

In that PM it said her whole life was a 'spoiler', could this be it? Could her whole life be fabricated, hence she is still dreaming?
Original post by Rascacielos
But he doesn't know about his death does he?

The Doctor has been known to lie before..

?

Yes, I did. The Doctor did mention that they should each keep an eye on them, so maybe one pair of eyes is sufficient? Reminds me of the Angels quite a lot. :s-smilie:

Which scene was this?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/i/b010y5l3/?t=17m45s
Why did the Silence need Amy for their fake TARDIS.
Looks like their plans involve Time Lords. Time Lord child and fake TARDIS.
Original post by Ape Gone Insane

I think that scene is really important but I think it was Amy and not the girl that was 'dreaming'. I honestly don't know but it's really confusing not knowing.
Original post by Circadian_Rhythm

In that PM it said her whole life was a 'spoiler', could this be it? Could her whole life be fabricated, hence she is still dreaming?

So The Doctor isn't real or ? :tongue:

Latest