The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Why is zoophilia condemned and homosexuality not?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
Original post by imperial maniac
Erm, the slave trade was the life-blood of the empire for years, it was only abolished because it was morally wrong...

Explain to me how bringing the slave trade back would financially or socially improve people's lives.

Are you actually reading his posts? They make perfect logical sense.

If I say I am not a murderer, and then someone accuses me of being a murderer, the proof has to be brought forward by the party accusing me of the murder, regardless of which statement is made first.

This makes no sense and further proves you do not understand.

Someone does not walk around saying 'lols i dont murder people!' and someone will not then come up to him and say 'well, yes you do actually' . This is ridiculously bad example .

Google burden of proof, it literally takes 5 seconds to find out.

I've said it before, i'll say it again. 'the burden of proof rests on who asserts, not on who denies'. This is a legally and factually correct statement, i did not make this up.

If A said zoophilia harms society, and B say it does not. IT is A's job to prove it does.
If A said zoophilia does NOT harm society, and A disagree's and says it does. IT is A's job to prove it.

It is simple. It is factual. I simply do not understand how you idiots can go against the pure concept and definition of it. :facepalm:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Tefhel

Original post by Tefhel
Well I don't believe that but a hell of a lot of girls here do. I remember a thread a while ago where a lot of women were saying if you don't specifically ask then it's rape/sexual assault.

Anyway, yeah I agree with you that it's hard to think of a flawless argument against it.

HA! In that case most people have committed rape, I don't think most sex is initiated by asking for it.
Reply 282
I make a thread asking people to give their opinions about zoophilia having parallels to homosexuality as I noticed the arguments used for homosexuality are similar to the arguments used for zoophilia.

This does not make me a zoophile.

But you are defending zoophiles...
Original post by Tommyjw
Explain to me how bringing the slave trade back would financially or socially improve people's lives.

This makes no sense and further proves you do not understand.

Someone does not walk around saying 'lols i dont murder people!' and someone will not then come up to him and say 'well, yes you do actually' . This is ridiculously bad example .

Google burden of proof, it literally takes 5 seconds to find out.

I've said it before, i'll say it again. 'the burden of proof rests on who asserts, not on who denies'. This is a legally and factually correct statement, i did not make this up.

If A said zoophilia harms society, and B say it does not. IT is A's job to prove it does.
If A said zoophilia does NOT harm society, and A disagree's and says it does. IT is A's job to prove it.

It is simple. It is factual. I simply do not understand how you idiots can go against the pure concept and definition of it. :facepalm:

Don't you apply Occam's razor to determine who is making the assertion?
Reply 284
Everyone seems to be talking of informed consent but what is informed consent?

Animals not being able to talk does that mean everyone rapes each other in the animal kingdom, and that people who can't talk aren't allowed to have sex? Or that people who don't speak the same language hence don't understand each other shouldn't have sex and the same for deaf people who can't confirm consent?

If speaking of nature, why is natural seen to be moral when we adhere to many "unnatural" things as we pursue life e.g. airplanes, tapwater, television and even wearing clothes?

Hence if we don't speak of nature neither verbal consent why would zoophilia be wrong?

And for those who only speak of taste "It's disgusting"....well up yours because that's doesn't bring anything to the table does it, you shouldn't be allowed to have sex yourself with such stupidity.
OP's a major troll, ignore everything he posts, he does it in every thread.

It's not even a smart troll - I don't need to read beyond 'Both parties are consenting adults' to realise that he's stupid.
Original post by mevidek
But you are defending zoophiles...

So? I does not mean I approve of what they do, I would rather that they didn't, but I would rather homosexuals weren't homosexuals, but I respect that they have a different sexuality that I do not personally approve of, and do not believe that they should be criminalised.
Original post by Varciani
OP's a major troll, ignore everything he posts, he does it in every thread.

It's not even a smart troll - I don't need to read beyond 'Both parties are consenting adults' to realise that he's stupid.

Thanks, but I'm not actually trolling.

Once again, having a different opinion to someone does not make me stupid.
Thanks, but I'm not actually trolling.

Once again, having a different opinion to someone does not make me stupid.

You blatantly are. Your whole 'argument' (inverted comma's because it's not one) relies on your statement that animals are 'consenting adults' in a zoophilic relationship. They're not. They're not even adults.

Please stop posting this garbage.
Original post by EskimoJo
of it, but that isn't really an argument. I'm hoping to find a flawless argument against it because I don't like not being able to disagree with something I actively find disgusting.

Why not? For example I find scat/coprophilia an absolutely repulsive practice, but there is no logical argument against it.

You should be proud that your sense of rational thinking is prevailing over your sense of disgust.
Whoa...

So what you're saying is that anyone has any rational objection to homosexuality is themselves a sufferer of a mental condition? You're just as bad as the homophobes.

What rational objection to homosexuality is there? Just asking...
You blatantly are. Your whole 'argument' (inverted comma's because it's not one) relies on your statement that animals are 'consenting adults' in a zoophilic relationship. They're not. They're not even adults.

Please stop posting this garbage.

Not really, my argument is that neither causes harm to individuals or society, so why is one minority celebrated and the other condemned as criminals?

Once again, I'm not a troll or stupid because I hold a different opinion to yourself, read the thread, I'm not the only one that holds these views.
Original post by innerhollow
Why not? For example I find scat/coprophilia an absolutely repulsive practice, but there is no logical argument against it.

You should be proud that your sense of rational thinking is prevailing over your sense of disgust.

But it's disgusting! :cry:
What rational objection to homosexuality is there? Just asking...

People that believe sex should only be for reproduction, not pleasure, for example.

Higher risk of STD infection etc, the changing family model (people don't like change.)

It doesn't really matter anyway, it's not what this thread is about.
Not really, my argument is that neither causes harm to individuals or society, so why is one minority celebrated and the other condemned as criminals?

Once again, I'm not a troll or stupid because I hold a different opinion to yourself, read the thread, I'm not the only one that holds these views.

Yes really. You are a troll because you know the comments you make are inflammatory, and you post them to get a reaction. That's being a troll.

There is a difference between having sex with an animal and having sex with a human, whether they be the same sex as you or not. How can you not see the big massive difference? One group are ANIMALS, the other are HUMAN.

I don't even need to explain this any further.
Original post by Broderss
I like to have sex with animals and I'm not afraid to admit I often have sex with our shetland pony and sometimes my dogs and my boyfriend joins us too on occasion and I really enjoy it and don't see why people keep spitting on me in the street and beating up my boyfriend for it. I also like to have sex with children because I find them very sexy and I see nothing wrong with this, I am a consenting adult and I am not being abused or exploited. I know fully well what I'm doing so how is it wrong?

It's because you have an infectious case of the gays. :sadnod:
(edited 12 years ago)
But it's disgusting! :cry:

I think part of this is accepting that there are some things that are rationally right, but you still find to be disgusting.

For you it is zoophilia, for other people it is homosexuality, that's why homophobes exist, no moral argument will persuade them, they find it disgusting, just because they find it disgusting. They aren't mental.
People that believe sex should only be for reproduction, not pleasure, for example.

Higher risk of STD infection etc, the changing family model (people don't like change.)

It doesn't really matter anyway, it's not what this thread is about.

Those are all irrational fears. Homosexuality has been around for a very long time (probably throughout the existence of humanity).
Reply 298
Still yet to get serious answers towards my argument about the burden of proof and you claiming it does no harm to society.
Yes really. You are a troll because you know the comments you make are inflammatory, and you post them to get a reaction. That's being a troll.

There is a difference between having sex with an animal and having sex with a human, whether they be the same sex as you or not. How can you not see the big massive difference? One group are ANIMALS, the other are HUMAN.

I don't even need to explain this any further.

I'm not posting this to get a reaction.

I have specifically tried to avoid being inflammatory, if you can't handle the subject, that is your issue, not mine.

Latest

Trending

Trending