The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sleekchic
The TARDIS from The Lodger definitely hasn't been resolved. If it was one of the Silents', then why was it abandoned especially if they've been there for centuries and why did The Lodger TARDIS need a pilot if the Silents already existed?

I think they were trying to build their own TARDIS. I think on the previous page, somebody said they might wanna go back in time and influence the begining of the world til the end. Maybe they need their own TARDIS.

Also, I've forgotten, what did the enemy in the Lodger turn out to be?

EDIT: googled it. In the Lodger, they see a little girl don't they? Is it the same? Did the Silent force the humans to try and force humans to pilot it with their hypnotism?
(edited 12 years ago)
All the Silents seem fairly androgynous... so how do they reproduce?
WHY were they trying to get to the moon?
Who was the girl?
Why can she regenerate?
How does she know she can regenerate?
Is she really Amy's child, or is that another red herring?

Just a few of the questions brought up by my housemate and I.
Original post by Don'tNod
I think so too, watching the scene once more has made me realize she doesn't seem to be addressing Amy. :confused:

Really? Who do you think she's addressing? I thought she was addressing Amy but I'll rewatch it in a bit.
Original post by spacepirate-James
Nah cause in the White House's toilets Amy was still looking at the Silent but the american woman kept forgetting.

I dunno.....

Original post by Rascacielos
I think each person has to be looking at the Silence to remember it. If you remember the scene with the woman in the toilet (near the Oval Office), when she turned around she forgot completely, even though Amy was still looking at the Silence.

Duh! :lol: I forgot! So what is the explanation? :redface:
How does Amy bring the Silence?

Could her giving birth bring the Silence?
Original post by spacepirate-James
This Madame person looks quite like River Song :ninja:

Maybe it was future Amy visiting River Song in prison. Mother visiting her child. :colonhash: :colonhash: :colonhash:
Original post by maxcartwright
im so confused re Doctor and River Song relationship. how is it that he doesnt know her a lot if he met her when she was young?
plus how is aimees kid a time lord

and i now luurve canton everett delaware the 3rd

They're travelling in opposite directions along a time line. When she first met him, he knew everything he's ever known about her. But as she gets to know him more, he travels back further along their time line and begins to know her less, which is why River is sadder every time they meet because she knows one day they'll meet and he won't have a clue who she is.
Reply 427
Also Stropy Homicidal Mermaid made me laugh :laugh:
Original post by Don'tNod
Duh! :lol: I forgot! So what is the explanation? :redface:

Your guess is as good as mine!
Reply 429
The TARDIS from The Lodger definitely hasn't been resolved. If it was one of the Silents', then why was it abandoned especially if they've been there for centuries and why did The Lodger TARDIS need a pilot if the Silents already existed?

Maybe each ship has its own Silents. If all the Silents from one ship have gone, then it might want to get back to the home planet to get some more Silents.

Original post by maxcartwright
im so confused re Doctor and River Song relationship. how is it that he doesnt know her a lot if he met her when she was young?

They meet in reverse order. She met him when she was young, he hasn't met her then yet.
plus how is aimees kid a time lord

Is she a time lord?
Is it even Amy's kid :iiam:

Hopefully we'll find out by the end of the series.
Original post by lastlordoftime
all the silents seem fairly androgynous... So how do they reproduce? eggs? They do seem to sleep upside down so something alien-esque. Grow out of each other. Like worms...
why were they trying to get to the moon? they weren't? I thought they just needed to get a spacesuit, and getting to the moon was just a by-product.
who was the girl?
Why can she regenerate?
How does she know she can regenerate? maybe she has some sort of timelordy illness mutation disease that means she's either got something terminal, or she keeps regenerating. If it's the latter, then perhaps the suit is something that keeps her in her form-- absorbing the energy as she gives it off.
is she really amy's child, or is that another red herring? mind ****.

just a few of the questions brought up by my housemate and i.

pure stupid speculation.
Original post by LastLordofTime
All the Silents seem fairly androgynous... so how do they reproduce?
WHY were they trying to get to the moon?
Who was the girl?
Why can she regenerate?
How does she know she can regenerate?
Is she really Amy's child, or is that another red herring?

Just a few of the questions brought up by my housemate and I.

Also why does it take her 6 months to regenerate? In fact surely it's 9 months seeing as we see her 3 months after she was shot by Amy (although I thought she missed?) and then 6 months later after the moon landing making 9 months or am I missing something?

Also who was that woman (Madam something or other) and who did she say was dreaming?

Does the Doctor still die?
Will the Silence be back? (I think yes)
There was also a comment from River about the suit having 20 different types of alien tech so not just the silent? Will the Alliance from The Pandorica Opens be back?
What's going on with Amy's pregnancy? Even the TARDIS doesn't know.

I'm sure there's more.
Reply 432
Original post by ??????????????????

Original post by ??????????????????
I think they were trying to build their own TARDIS. I think on the previous page, somebody said they might wanna go back in time and influence the begining of the world til the end. Maybe they need their own TARDIS.

Also, I've forgotten, what did the enemy in the Lodger turn out to be?

EDIT: googled it. In the Lodger, they see a little girl don't they? Is it the same? Did the Silent force the humans to try and force humans to pilot it with their hypnotism?

The enemy ended up being the ship itself, but it wasn't an enemy as such, just programming.

The big question is who/what left it there.
And the little girl was a hologram, which changed depending on what it thought would be most likely to get people to come up. It also appeared as an old man.
I find it interesting how they are parasitic.
We should compile a list questions that need to be answered and put it in the OP? Anybody think that's a good idea?
Original post by Circadian_Rhythm
Who do you guys think the girl is? :colonhash:

One theory of mine is that she's a genetic creation, not naturally born. Or the TARDIS crew are present at her birth, and Amy's only holding her because she helped give birth (along with Nurse Rory). Or she's the godmother.

I wonder if the girl regenerated, or rejuvenated (and so didn't change form, and that's a term I made up).
Really? Who do you think she's addressing? I thought she was addressing Amy but I'll rewatch it in a bit.

Amy: Hello. Who are you? *looking at woman behind the door*
Lady (what is her name? :redface:): *woman turns away* No, I think she's just dreaming.

:confused: :confused: I haven't the faintest idea who she's addressing but I don't think it's Amy. No what, exactly?
Reply 437
Original post by Bobifier
What are the chances we might see more of Amy's family this season? We had Jackie Tyler and Micky, and there were a few scenes involving Martha's extended family, and we got plenty of Wilf (but still I want more!) and Donna's mum. Obviously last season Amy didn't actually have a family, but the people at the top seem to like putting in some background...

That angle has been done, unless we count the girl ofocurse :wink:
Original post by Aula
The enemy ended up being the ship itself, but it wasn't an enemy as such, just programming.

The big question is who/what left it there.
And the little girl was a hologram, which changed depending on what it thought would be most likely to get people to come up. It also appeared as an old man.

What if they weren't holograms but the Silence just making you think it was with their hypnotism. I'm pretty sure the ship was the Silence's that they built to produce their own TARDIS.
i reckon time lord girl is either

river and drs or
ponds and drs

hmmmmmmm

Latest

Trending

Trending