The Student Room Group

Is it okay to feel this way about my boyfriend?

Sometimes I feel like my boyfriend is a close/best friend (that I'm intimate with) rather than my life partner or the other half of myself. I mean, if I broke up with him, I'd be sad, feel like I'm missing someone in my life etc. but I wouldn't feel incomplete or that I'm an empty soul. Is this normal?
Reply 1
Original post by The TSR Star.
Sometimes I feel like my boyfriend is a close/best friend (that I'm intimate with) rather than my life partner or the other half of myself. I mean, if I broke up with him, I'd be sad, feel like I'm missing someone in my life etc. but I wouldn't feel incomplete or that I'm an empty soul. Is this normal?

i guess it depends what you're looking for in a boyfriend. would you rather be with someone without whom you would feel incomplete? it doesn't matter as long as you are happy with your boyfriend and he is happy with you. but if you'd rather have him as a best friend, then maybe the relationship isn't quite working out.
Original post by jthlm
i guess it depends what you're looking for in a boyfriend. would you rather be with someone without whom you would feel incomplete? it doesn't matter as long as you are happy with your boyfriend and he is happy with you. but if you'd rather have him as a best friend, then maybe the relationship isn't quite working out.

It's like, you know those people who say "omg, i can't live without my bf/gf, they are my life" etc. I don't really feel like that. I mean, it would suck living without him but I could do it. Then again, I haven't been with him for long at all like less than 1 month lol.
Reply 3
1 month, of course it's fine.
Give it time and you'll probably fall madly in love with him.

And even if you don't, just enjoy yourself, as long as you don't go hurting him
Reply 4
Don't you think that finding yourself in a state of total dependence after one month with someone would make you despair for your life and personal stability? :lolwut:
It's like, you know those people who say "omg, i can't live without my bf/gf, they are my life" etc. I don't really feel like that. I mean, it would suck living without him but I could do it. Then again, I haven't been with him for long at all like less than 1 month lol.

maybe you have marriage in the back of your mind haha

i think i'd feel the same though - if it was just a thing
Reply 6
Original post by kopi, ffs
Don't you think that finding yourself in a state of total dependence after one month with someone would make you despair for your life and personal stability? :lolwut:

yeah. You barely know each other yet.
Original post by ohokay
yeah. You barely know each other yet.

he's been a really close friend for a few months, I know him pretty well, in that I know all his flaws etc.
Reply 8
he's been a really close friend for a few months, I know him pretty well, in that I know all his flaws etc.

Yeah I'm sure, but that doesn't mean that there's not so much more to learn. Give it time.
Reply 9

oh, i didn't realise it hasn't even been a month yet. give it some time! you never know how you'll end up feeling.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending