The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by spacepirate-James
I wonder if he spends his time with a glass of wine in one hand and a laptop in his other, reading through the various threads and laughing at how wrong we all are.

:biggrin: I would if i wrote doctor who!
Reply 581
Original post by sleekchic
Remember how we all thought The Lodger was unrelated? Look how that turned out.

It's still pretty unrelated. There were no MAJOR things in that one tbh. Except a cracking ommelette recipe.
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
:rofl:

But the first time she met him, she was an impressionable young girl and he dropped out of the sky and knew everything about her. Her relationship then developed with her.

Surely she can't be shooting him on first meeting?

Also: Amy used the same description. "dropped out of the sky" but of course, doubt there's any connection.

She said it herself, she was impressionable, she could have done anything the silents were telling her to do, or it may have been their second meeting, he had already convinced her to kill him.

Why did the Doctor stop running and go towards his death?
Original post by Colonel.
I think they say mermaid in the trailer, though I can more or less it'll have an alien name like Gyrtuan or some other ****.

Yeah I know about that bit but before the trailer I had thought she would be a Siren.
Plus the pirates may be wrong.

Also lol when Canton and Nixon are discussing Canton wanting to get married and Nixon's face when he wants to marry a black man.
I think River is Amy and Rory's child. Maybe River being in the Tardis interfered with the TARDIS Pregnancy Test (Trademark).

The person in the space suit who killed the Doctor may have been a very young River. It would explain why she's in prison. Then as she grew older, she learnt more about the doctor, and had a relationship with him. It may also explain why River couldn't kill the spacesuit with her gun, and her 'Of course...' quote.

I can't explain the girl in the spacesuit regenerating though, that's just weird :lolwut:
I really enjoyed todays episode.

Thoughts on that little girl?

Spoiler

:cool:
Original post by OrangeStu
What?!? I really enjoyed it! The number of questions it raised!

I just feel a little unsatisfied with it.

It answered some but not enough to keep me as hyped as i was.

I just get the feeling that it's going to annoy me in the same way as the last series ie. closing close ups of the crack at the end of every episode.
I love all these little pointers to the large overarching storyline but when they're overdone they really start to wind me up.
Reply 587
Madame Kovarian - "No, I think she's just dreaming"

How many eyes does Madame Kovarian have? How many eyes did River have in FOTD/SITL? End thought really :p:
Reply 588
Original post by spacepirate-James
I wonder if he spends his time with a glass of wine in one hand and a laptop in his other, reading through the various threads and laughing at how wrong we all are. :colonhash:

****er.

Well, I have two ideas, yet I don't feel either of them are correct. The fact that we don't see who the kid regenerates into is quite a big clue tbh.
Madame Kovarian - "No, I think she's just dreaming"

My housemate and I were just discussing how that door seemed so different to every other door - even after the hatch thing disappeared.
Original post by hxecute
I think River is Amy and Rory's child. Maybe River being in the Tardis interfered with the TARDIS Pregnancy Test (Trademark).

The person in the space suit who killed the Doctor may have been a very young River. It would explain why she's in prison. Then as she grew older, she learnt more about the doctor, and had a relationship with him. It may also explain why River couldn't kill the spacesuit with her gun, and her 'Of course...' quote.

I can't explain the girl in the spacesuit regenerating though, that's just weird :lolwut:

i like the way you think!
Also, the editing for the Kovarian scene was a bit iffy, didn't quite look right.

I was just thinking, in her main episode, we are probably going to be in that room with her, and we will hear the same words again: "No, I think she's just dreaming". But we'll see the whole thing from a different perspective. Hopefully by then we'll know a bit more what's going on.
Reply 592
Original post by DoktaUH
How many eyes does Madame Kovarian have? How many eyes did River have in FOTD/SITL? End thought really :p:

Who is Madame Kovarian? She appeared before?

If not don't bother, I googled it and it came up with Episode 8 spoilers :colonhash:
Who is Madame Kovarian? She appeared before?

If not don't bother, I googled it and it came up with Episode 8 spoilers :colonhash:

Not a spoiler

Spoiler

Her.
Original post by Circadian_Rhythm
MAYBE AN EPIPHANY.

10th Doctor and Rose..? Might they have had a child which jumped through the universes?

wasnt that version of the dr human?
Not a spoiler

Spoiler

Her.

How do you know her name? :s-smilie:
Original post by cambo211
I just feel a little unsatisfied with it.

It answered some but not enough to keep me as hyped as i was.

I just get the feeling that it's going to annoy me in the same way as the last series ie. closing close ups of the crack at the end of every episode.
I love all these little pointers to the large overarching storyline but when they're overdone they really start to wind me up.

I really like this kind of thing, in some of the earlier series, Ecclestons and Martha's - there was nothing really to keep you returning week-to-week. But, particularly now with MS, it seems like they have really hit on how to get people enticed, I love the little hints - I think its a very American style of writing a show to have season long arches (particularly with them having a hiatus in the season which will inevitably have a massive cliffhanger)
Reply 597
Anyone else not notice but the silent are obviously not dead. Amy saw them in 2011, as far as i can tell they dont time travel :holmes:
It's still pretty unrelated. There were no MAJOR things in that one tbh. Except a cracking ommelette recipe.

The TARDIS in The Lodger?

Original post by DoktaUH
IMDB the guy who plays Canton, then come back and apologise :p:

Oh :colondollar:

But that wasn't really obvious.
Original post by ??????????????????
How do you know her name? :s-smilie:

Because the actress, Frances Barber, has been cast as Madame Kovarian.

or as River would say "Spoilers"

Latest

Trending

Trending