The Student Room Group

How to reach the essay limit ?

Im doing an essay 1500 total word count limit at the moment and it is split into 4 questions (equal marks) however im at 960 words.

Three of the quesions are asking the same thing though. I have wrote all that I know and allready feel like im repeating myself (i really am).

Does anyone know any tactics of reaching the word count or word count to aim for ?
You've (I assume) been at uni forat least nearly a full year, and you can't reach 1500 words for an essay?

This is a bad sign mate.
Reply 2
Keep pressing the buttons on your keyboard, whilst simultaneously watching the word count.
this probs wont add many words but every word counts! unless you have already, read through your work and everytime you've written don't, couldn't, won't etc change it to will do not, could not, will not not a huge amount of different but thats 3 words made into six so might aswell give it a go:smile:
Original post by Smilingsam
Im doing an essay 1500 total word count limit at the moment and it is split into 4 questions (equal marks) however im at 960 words.

Three of the quesions are asking the same thing though. I have wrote all that I know and allready feel like im repeating myself (i really am).

Does anyone know any tactics of reaching the word count or word count to aim for ?

I try and offer different interpretations of the key words in the question.

For example if the question is:

"Does Brutalism deserve its journalistic label?"

I'd write about the benefits and problems about journalistic labels, what it implies and how they come about etc.
well if it's 4 questions you should aim to do about 400 words for each question. if you think about it like that you should reach the limit quickly :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by History-Student
You've (I assume) been at uni forat least nearly a full year, and you can't reach 1500 words for an essay?

This is a bad sign mate.

It is easier when you are not talking about the same thing over and over again, and just give a simple section to cover. What im doing is explaining supply and demand chart for alcohol 3 times.

When they wrote this assignment they seriously didnt think it through.
Original post by lauraaaa.xo
this probs wont add many words but every word counts! unless you have already, read through your work and everytime you've written don't, couldn't, won't etc change it to will do not, could not, will not not a huge amount of different but thats 3 words made into six so might aswell give it a go:smile:

OP should be writing the essay like that anyway. Don't/won't/can't isn't appropriate language for an academic essay.
It is easier when you are not talking about the same thing over and over again, and just give a simple section to cover. What im doing is explaining supply and demand chart for alcohol 3 times.

When they wrote this assignment they seriously didnt think it through.

Well if they've actually asked you the same question three times, then obviously they want the same answer three times. So give them what they want.
Use quotes from various authorities and rely on multiple sources' points of view on the same issue.
Original post by psychocustard
OP should be writing the essay like that anyway. Don't/won't/can't isn't appropriate language for an academic essay.

I know, i do i just thought that they might not

Find and replace all spaces with " cock ".
Reply 12
Just repeat "screw flanders" at the end until you reach the limit.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending