The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 740
The Silents urge Amy to sleep near the end.

Rory's going to war.
Anyone think the fact that River is a 'Doctor' has any significance, possibly a timelord herself?
Original post by sleekchic
Glad you mentioned that:

Spoiler

Exactly. So by the line mentioned today which was something along the lines of them being driven out of Rome, and that being the reason for their downfall. If they weren't driven out of Rome

Spoiler

I think our speculation may be bang on :teehee:
Original post by ??????????????????
By getting Rory to use a condom?

At which point? Since she doesn't know when the child is conceived (then again we have no idea how often or how regularly they did it)
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Madame Kovarian is oddly similar to Doctor Moon from Silence in the Library. The whole sequence with CAL dreaming of a library, and Doctor Moon overseeing her...

WOAH! Doctor Moon!! Anybody?
Just watched it. Ending was interesting. :yep:
Original post by Rascacielos
That doesn't really seem viable. If only a Time Lord could pilot the Tardis, surely the Doctor would know that. And if he did, he'd know Riversong was a Time Lord, which he doesn't... unless, of course, he's been covering it up for some timey wimey reason. :ninja:

I just looked at this scene again and I'm thinking it could be one of Moffat's subtle hints that's going to become key.

I also noticed, anyone seeing links between this and the Pandorica episodes, with the perfect prison and what not?

Oops. Ma bad. Forgot Riversong could pilot it as well XD

About the links between this and Pandorica...there's been quite a lot of throbacks to the last series. So much so, it's almost deja vu-ish, which I'm hoping is what Moffat wanted us to think about it, giving the unseen presence of the Silence throughout the last series

:ninja:
Reply 747
bad wolf
Reply 748
Original post by Colonel.

Original post by Colonel.
Could one of these timelines be a figment of Amy's imagination?

And I find it strange that the Doctor took exception to the Silents...they were not doing much wrong.

I did find that quite weird. Maybe Smiths Doctor is a lot more aggressive than Tennant and does not wish to save every race. Maybe he is more judgemental :holmes:

Is it a 'thing' that every Doctor does not wish to kill or was that a specific thing to Tennant.
Original post by greeneyedgirl
Does anyone want to sum up the 23 pages I missed while watching So You Think You Can Dance and Britain's Got Talent?

A lot of it is (different) people repeatidly making the same speculation on who the little girl is, who is river, general stuff with the episode. To be honest, having read it all myself, there was only a little bit I found interesting.
Original post by Mess.
I did find that quite weird. Maybe Smiths Doctor is a lot more aggressive than Tennant and does not wish to save every race. Maybe he is more judgemental :holmes:

Is it a 'thing' that every Doctor does not wish to kill or was that a specific thing to Tennant.

Well, considering the Doctor killed two races/committed genocide, I'd say it was specific to Tennant but still something which he (all incarnations) avoided at all costs/until the situation compelled him.
No one cares about Amy's throwaway line :rant:
Exactly. So by the line mentioned today which was something along the lines of them being driven out of Rome, and that being the reason for their downfall. If they weren't driven out of Rome

Spoiler

Haha, you two. Stephen Moffat's going to be like: :rant: Why do those TSR-ers have to be some damned clever!?
(edited 12 years ago)
What if the Doctor really does die

Spoiler

Original post by HigginsJiggins
Anyone think the fact that River is a 'Doctor' has any significance, possibly a timelord herself?

I personally think so, the child may either be song or maybe the doctor and song's daughter?
Original post by Mess.

Don't know if it was a Tennant specific thing but don't expect it to last for Smith's Doctor. Not much of a spoiler but apparently, Smith is going to be much darker and the days of merely saying he's the Doctor and having aliens fee (like in The Pandorica Opens) are over. He's actually going to be doing things.

Make of that what you will. There's also talk about:
If knowing who River really is can save his soul.

Spoiler

I think so too. :five:
Original post by hxecute

Spoiler

Because he is no longer an auton, he is fully human again.

Spoiler

There is a book on that. I always wanted to read it and when I finally decided to couldn't remember it's name or find it in the library. *sigh*

Spoiler

Reply 757
Right, I'm **** at screenshots, but if you look at BBC iPlayer for the episode at 37:15 onwards, there are more than one laser killing the Silents.
Original post by sleekchic

I think so too. :five:

Thinking whether we should do a website, with only one webpage with all the unanswered questions, along with theories. And then we evaluate which ones were spot on. :holmes:
Original post by SirMasterKey

There is a book on that. I always wanted to read it and when I finally decided to couldn't remember it's name or find it in the library. *sigh*

Spoiler

By pressing some buttons they never knew existed in the Tardis?