The Student Room Group

Best ways to approach a stranger and ask them out?

anon or delete

Is it best to just go up to a girl and ask her if she wants to meet up for a drink/coffee/lunch? Or is it better to come up with some kind of small talk to fill the time first? And if so, what would you suggest?

Scroll to see replies

1) Buy "The Game".

2) Do whatever "The Game" says.
Reply 2
small talk is better first or a simple gun to the head
guys come up to me on the street/bus etc. they normally start with things like 'are you from round here' or ask me my name and start a conversation with me. I usually give them my number, unless they're a complete freak :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by kiss_my_asthma_99
well there is always chloroform....

Original post by ok_cub2008
1) Buy "The Game".

Noted.

Original post by tinshed
small talk is better first or a simple gun to the head

Any suggestions on how to go about it? I'm terrible at small talk & don't own a gun.
Original post by ButterflyWishes
guys come up to me on the street/bus etc. they normally start with things like 'are you from round here' or ask me my name and start a conversation with me. I usually give them my number, unless they're a complete freak :smile:

Really?
I thought girls had a stigma about randomers starting conversations, and I certainly assumed they didn't give out their numbers so easily.

I should add, I'm not in anyway deeming that a bad thing, just saying that I didn't realise it was that accepted.
Original post by RequiemForADream
Really?
I thought girls had a stigma about randomers starting conversations, and I certainly assumed they didn't give out their numbers so easily.

I should add, I'm not in anyway deeming that a bad thing, just saying that I didn't realise it was that accepted.

That is the beauty of it. Havign the confidence to approach someone you know already gives the person you are approaching the impression that you must be amazing at everything.
Original post by RequiemForADream
Really?

Most of the guys that come up to me are good looking so it helps..
Original post by Anonymous
Noted.

Any suggestions on how to go about it? I'm terrible at small talk & don't own a gun.

Just ask them quistions about themselves... make a conversation?:smile:
That is the beauty of it. Havign the confidence to approach someone you know already gives the person you are approaching the impression that you must be amazing at everything.

Well, that does make sense.
Now I feel socially retarded :facepalm:
Reply 10

Do you mean approach someone you don't know already?

Ah, see this is where we come to an issue. The pain of being an average looking guy.
Reply 11
this guy once chased me half the way down oxford street all the way to my front door to ask me out...
He was quite sexy but it was creepy !
Do you mean approach someone you don't know already?

Ah, see this is where we come to an issue. The pain of being an average looking guy.

It doesnt matter if your average looking:smile: if you're nice and and have a nice personality friendly etc. it helps:smile:
Learn to talk to women.
Reply 14

Your lucky i always get freaks or pervy men :frown:

I was waiting at the bus stop and a group of chavs were looking at me and one of them said very loudly "f*** hell i would f*** that every night. :O

I was so shocked i had to go into a shop and wait for the bus.:colondollar:
1) Buy "The Game".

You obviously didn't understand the concept.
The whole PUA philosophy is basically:

-Have self confidence.

-Be interesting when talking to women.

-Failure doesn't matter.
Reply 16
Original post by Theconomist
Learn to talk to women.

Everyone says that but few people suggest any ideas for what to talk about

Any recommendations?
You obviously didn't understand the concept.
The whole PUA philosophy is basically:

-Have self confidence.

-Failure doesn't matter.

Where in the above quote did I convey any information about the message I took from the Game?
Reply 18

Interesting, there seems to be some useful info amongst all the ****. Anyone got any views on whether the "ask for directions you don't need, then ask for her number" thing would actually work in real life?

And is it better to ask for someone's number or ask them if they'd like to go out some time?
Interesting, there seems to be some useful info amongst all the ****. Anyone got any views on whether the "ask for directions you don't need, then ask for her number" thing would actually work in real life?

And is it better to ask for someone's number or ask them if they'd like to go out some time?

I replied to the "ask for directions you don't need blah blah blah...." and my personal opinion is that it wouldn't work. On myself anyway. I find it initially an uncomfortable experience.

I really don't have any advice for you, as I'm not even sure any of it would work on myself. Strangers approaching is just not normal in British culture, as much as it would be nice, it just isn't.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending