The Student Room Group

Am I the only one who works throughout the night at the university?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mc1000
YES! Me too. I only ever work at night in the computer lab when there's no-one to distract me. I work Most efficiently between 2-6am, and when i have a ton of work I alter my sleep pattern so I'm getting up around 4pm. Nice litre of coffee in a flask with me in the lab, and I'm sorted :smile:.

Which uni are you at, out of interest?

Do you go Haselgrave? :tongue:
Reply 21
Original post by AzureRay
I'm the only girl who ever sticks around.

Be careful. :ninja:
Original post by TheSownRose
Never really understood this - to me, the night is for sleeping and the day is for working. :dontknow: Still, obviously you're not alone.

Gotta love insomnia bro.

Sleep for me comes best between around 5am and 9am. One of the reasons I like winter more than summer, it's dark at those hours and there's NO ****ING BIRDS. >: |
Original post by concubine
Gotta love insomnia bro.

Sleep for me comes best between around 5am and 9am. One of the reasons I like winter more than summer, it's dark at those hours and there's NO ****ING BIRDS. >: |

That's why I sleep during the night. :p: I have the form of insomnia where sleep is broken, I wake up every few hours to wander around the house for a while. If I mess up the routine, it gets worse ... so I force myself to sleep every night, can't really do all-nighters.
Reply 24
Original post by teshla^^
Do you go Haselgrave? :tongue:

Yup - apart from occasionally the library, it's pretty much the only place I work. Can't go far wrong with 29-inch computer screens :smile:. I'm in Haslegrave now, actually :P
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by mc1000
Yup - apart from occasionally the library, it's pretty much the only place I work. Can't go far wrong with 29-inch computer screens :smile:. I'm in Haslegrave now, actually :P

Had no idea it is open late!! :p: I usually just do it in my room.. have worked late before but never completely through the night.
Original post by mc1000

Haha I used them, burnt my eyes. But I like Haselgrave, its easy to just wander off for some fresh air and not fall asleep.

Original post by polka_dott
Had no idea it is open late!! :p: I usually just do it in my room.. have worked late before but never completely through the night.

It's 24 hours if you have an ID card.
I tend to do most of my work from about 7pm till about 2am. Catch up on sleep when the essay's done/at the weekend when I can lie in.
Reply 28
Original post by polka_dott

It's 24/7/(I think)365. I've lost count of the number of all-nighters I've spent in Haslegrave...

It's awesome cos you can play your music loud through the speakers at stupid o'clock in the morning when no-one's around. You're missing out xD.
Reply 29
I like to work into the night because by that time there are less people around, so there's less noise and fewer distractions. I find it quite nice, because I can really get into my revision and it doesn't seem so overwhelming.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending