The Student Room Group

Broody..

Yeah, so I keep getting really broody and obsessing over babies etc.

Especially when I have dreams in which I have a baby or small child.

And then I remember I have 10 years before I start to think about having a baby and it kinda gets me down.

The sight of a baby is like a punch to the uterus. In a longing way.

Does anyone else get this?

x

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
No. I hate children and will not be having any.
Original post by IndigoRockGirl
Yeah, so I keep getting really broody and obsessing over babies etc.

Especially when I have dreams in which I have a baby or small child.

And then I remember I have 10 years before I start to think about having a baby and it kinda gets me down.

The sight of a baby is like a punch to the uterus. In a longing way.

Does anyone else get this?

x

Wait, what?
Reply 3
don't do a ronnie from eastenders and jack a baby
Original post by kiss_my_asthma_99
Wait, what?

When I see a baby it's like my heart beats in my stomach haha that sounds really creepy but it's true :dontknow:
Original post by surina_xxx
don't do a ronnie from eastenders and jack a baby

I have no idea what you just said :dontknow:
Well, sometimes I wish my life would fast-forward to my happily-ever-after. Or, more realistically, to the time in my life where everything is stable: the classic, traditional life, really - the husband, the kids, the house, the career and the pets.

...and then I get back to uni and hang out with my friends and I think, why the hell would I want to miss any of this, even for a second?! We're in the prime of our lives, we can literally do anything with ourselves at this age - why get down about something that will come in good time?
Reply 7
I've had about 5 minutes of broodiness in my life, started by pregnancy pictures on Facebook. Then I looked at the pics of the actual baby. Broodiness over, lol. :awesome:

I found a helpful hint from the masters over at Yahoo!Answers:
set your alarm every two hours during the night, everytime it goes off, get up, go downstairs and hold a bag of sugar to your tit for twenty minutes
(edited 12 years ago)
When I see a baby it's like my heart beats in my stomach haha that sounds really creepy but it's true :dontknow:

I have the exact same things...though I bet for differing reasons :colone:

:tongue:
Reply 9
I have no idea what you just said :dontknow:

if u watch eastenders you would understand!
o i love babies too, their soooooooooo cute :biggrin:
Reply 10
I am insaaaaanely broody. Hated the idea of children until I met my newborn niece at 18 and my clock has been ticking louder each year since then.

If I won the lottery, i'd get pregnant tomorrow. Can't wait for it all to happen:^_^:.
Original post by Cicerao
I've had about 5 minutes of broodiness in my life, started by pregnancy pictures on Facebook. Then I looked at the pics of the actual baby. Broodiness over, lol. :awesome:

I found a helpful hint from the masters over at Yahoo!Answers:

Haha I actually did that alarm thing for a few nights (minus the bag of sugar) and it was pretty fun :dontknow: lol x
I sometimes I get a bit broody, but I won't be having any for a few years yet that's for sure.
Original post by RequiemForADream
I have the exact same things...though I bet for differing reasons :colone:

:tongue:

Ha! : P
Original post by surina_xxx
if u watch eastenders you would understand!
o i love babies too, their soooooooooo cute :biggrin:

Haha agreed : )
Reply 15
Haha I actually did that alarm thing for a few nights (minus the bag of sugar) and it was pretty fun :dontknow: lol x

Next time include the bag of sugar, ask someone to leave some human waste for you to clean up and have a foghorn that goes off every 30 minutes. Ensure that the foghorn is very sensitively sound activated. Voilá.
Original post by Delta_Aitch
Well, sometimes I wish my life would fast-forward to my happily-ever-after. Or, more realistically, to the time in my life where everything is stable: the classic, traditional life, really - the husband, the kids, the house, the career and the pets.

...and then I get back to uni and hang out with my friends and I think, why the hell would I want to miss any of this, even for a second?! We're in the prime of our lives, we can literally do anything with ourselves at this age - why get down about something that will come in good time?

To be honest, in theory I hate the idea of a traditional married, domesticated life but whenever I see a baby I know that I definitely want to have children, and I definitely want to raise them in a stable family environment, so I don't know how that's going to work lol :dontknow:
Original post by Cicerao
Next time include the bag of sugar, ask someone to leave some human waste for you to clean up and have a foghorn that goes off every 30 minutes. Ensure that the foghorn is very sensitively sound activated. Voilá.

Meh, got nothing better to do : P
It's normal. I don't get broody from babies, but I do from pregnant people :p:. Even as an au pair it didn't help: the waking up every 2 hours and then getting up for good at 5am, not being able to go anywhere or do anything because they might (just might!) take a nap and then so do you, the crying, them first rolling over and suddenly your reflexes so that they don't fall off the bed/couch/changing table have to suddenly improve, the stinky poos and constant crying all night when they are ill. It's all worth it :yep:

Have you got a friend or a relative who has a baby/young child? Maybe take a larger role in it's life and then you get all the best bits of parenting :p:.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 19
Original post by Delta_Aitch

This. I'd love to one day be a mummy and raise a family but right now I love my life and am in no position to have babies.

Live your life for what it is now, cos in 20 years you'll be looking back thinking why wasn't i have fun being young and free instead of obsessing over babies

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending