The Student Room Group

When girls give eachother compliments- are they bullcrapping?

I get so many compliments from females it's abmormal and im starting to believe that they just feel sorry for me or something. I went to a bridal shower and noticed the ladies staring at me, made me feel really uncomfortable. A couple days later my aunt wrote my mother an email thanking her for the gift and how I got so many compliments on how beautiful I am, that's awkward. There was another time when I was at a club, I went to the wash room and two girls walked in, when I passed by them one made a comment about how pretty I was, and the other girl was just like "meh". I get alot of compliments from random females, the more compliments i get from them the more insecure i feel.:confused: can anybody relate??
Yeah I can relate people grope me when I walk down the street - pain in the ass really
Reply 2
girls are sly :yep:
Yeah, I know what you mean. It totally sucks when everyone keeps telling you how gorgeous you are. I can relate.

:colonhash:
I actually feel offended when girls compliment me because arent they suppose to feel jealous?
Maybe they are taking the p*ss out of you :smile:
Credit where credit is due - if a girl is pretty, I will tell her; if she is not, I will not. Take it for what it is.
If girls give each other compliments over looks then it is often bullcrap. The way to measure if it's true or not is if there's a despairing "why aren't I as good looking as you" at the end of it, then it's probably true.

eg girl A says to girl B - "ggrrr I just love your figure babes, why can't I have a figure like yours!" (girl A thinks girl B has a nice figure and is wanting girl B to give her the magic secret tip) or another variation of it would be "ohh your make up is so gorgeous....where did you get that from/how did you do it?"

but if girl A says to girl B "don't worry babes, you'll find someone soon, you're gorgeous" (girl A doubts girl B will ever get a boyfriend due to the obvious fact she is lacking in the looks department, but is lying through her teeth to try and be nice)
Reply 8
Some girls are just jealous and secretly hate you for it.
Reply 9
You know you're ugly when your mum says you're beautiful.
Sometimes it will be bitchiness, but most of the time it's probably not. Unless you're attention seeking...
Reply 11
If I think someones pretty or I like their hair or something, I'll tell them that :tongue:
I tend to give compliments more to nice (maybe more shy?) girls though.

Once told a more 'outgoing' girl in my year that her new hair was nice (which is actually was.) and got told to f*** off. Meh.
Original post by ~ Dude :)
If I think someones pretty or I like their hair or something, I'll tell them that :tongue:

Once told a more 'outgoing' girl in my year that her new hair was nice (which is actually was.) and got told to f*** off. Meh.

LOL. she told you to **** off???? wtf.
Reply 13
Original post by xobeauty
LOL. she told you to **** off???? wtf.

She has mood swings.
Thought it might cheer her up as well, ha oh well :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Milky Milk
Girls are hardly as conniving as people are suggesting.

However, that aside this post does look a little "Look at me, Look at me"

Umm..not at all. If i was seeking attention here, id post a pic.
Reply 15
Original post by ~ Dude :)

[QUOTE=~ Dude [excludedFace]smile[/excludedFace];31183166]If I think someones pretty or I like their hair or something, I'll tell them that :tongue:

Interesting, sad & funny.
Umm..not at all. If i was seeking attention here, id post a pic.

Not necessarily, you clearly can gloat by text alone.
Original post by Milky Milk
Not necessarily, you clearly can gloat by text alone.

No.
No.

I'll match your amazing comeback... Yes.
I get so many compliments from females it's abmormal and im starting to believe that they just feel sorry for me or something. I went to a bridal shower and noticed the ladies staring at me, made me feel really uncomfortable. A couple days later my aunt wrote my mother an email thanking her for the gift and how I got so many compliments on how beautiful I am, that's awkward. There was another time when I was at a club, I went to the wash room and two girls walked in, when I passed by them one made a comment about how pretty I was, and the other girl was just like "meh". I get alot of compliments from random females, the more compliments i get from them the more insecure i feel.:confused: can anybody relate??

If you're obviously ugly, then yes, they are saying it to make you feel better when in reality, they just think you're ugly.

Quick Reply

Latest