The Student Room Group

Misfits

Scroll to see replies

Original post by .Gosh
Haha! TSR is great, I love it already. I've got a long way to go til uni! I need something like TSR to get me through it!

Are you in uni atm?

Nope :lol: I'm year 11 :smile: Greeneyed is a first year at uni and Space is in his last year before uni. whereabouts are you in the system?
Reply 3061
Original post by greeneyedgirl
I'm about to finish my first year of uni :ahee:

Ohhh wow! How did you find it! you're at Glasgow right? someone on the Welcome thread to look out for you. :colondollar: HI!
Reply 3062
Original post by minimus777
Nope :lol: I'm year 11 :smile: Greeneyed is a first year at uni and Space is in his last year before uni. whereabouts are you in the system?

Oh right! Well are you doing A levels? which ones? :smile:

I'm in year 13. Firmed history at Glasgow for next year! Can't wait I'm SOOOO excited! :woo: :colondollar:
Original post by .Gosh
Ohhh wow! How did you find it! you're at Glasgow right? someone on the Welcome thread to look out for you. :colondollar: HI!

:ahee: GLASGOW! YOU ARE AWESOME AND EPIC AND I LOVE YOU ALREADY!

Plus history = epic subject! (I'm English Language but debated doing History!)
Reply 3064
:ahee: GLASGOW! YOU ARE AWESOME AND EPIC AND I LOVE YOU ALREADY!

Plus history = epic subject! (I'm English Language but debated doing History!)

YAY! Acceptance feels bloody good! Maybe I'll run into you next year... I'll look out for lovely green eyes. They are lovely btw. :colondollar:

I debated about English! But history won it for me. Have you enjoyed the course? x
Original post by .Gosh
YAY! Acceptance feels bloody good! Maybe I'll run into you next year... I'll look out for lovely green eyes. They are lovely btw. :colondollar:

I debated about English! But history won it for me. Have you enjoyed the course? x

Aww thanks! I'll look out for awesome makeup skills!

Loved the course! Any idea what your other two subjects are going to be?

YES IT'S EPIC AND GRIPPING

Ok, i'll watch it on iPlayer later then. Will it confuse me though? I'm thick as a plank and blonde through and through, will this be a problem?

Original post by spacepirate-James

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MFjSOwIkH4&feature=related

NOW. time to find some salsa lessons in edinburgh :cloud:

Aah, je comprends

Original post by .Gosh
Oh right! Well are you doing A levels? which ones? :smile:

I'm in year 13. Firmed history at Glasgow for next year! Can't wait I'm SOOOO excited! :woo: :colondollar:

Yeah, i'm probably gunna do maths, further maths, chemistry, physics and french :smile:

I'm in two minds about whether i should take my final history exam this year. I've already finished 75% of the GCSE, and i can still get a C without even taking the exam.
Ok, i'll watch it on iPlayer later then. Will it confuse me though? I'm thick as a plank and blonde through and through, will this be a problem?

Your head will hurt afterwards and you will shout "WHAT" at the screen A LOT
Reply 3068
Aww thanks! I'll look out for awesome makeup skills!

Loved the course! Any idea what your other two subjects are going to be?

Haha my friend's skills! I don't always wear this. :colondollar:

Haha no idea tbh. I've only just firmed it. But the History course looks so good.

Yeah, i'm probably gunna do maths, further maths, chemistry, physics and french :smile:

I'm in two minds about whether i should take my final history exam this year. I've already finished 75% of the GCSE, and i can still get a C without even taking the exam.

OHH maths! I was never too good at maths. So glad to drop it after gcse.

Hahawow! thats good! Hmm I'd take it, aim for higher than a C if you can. And even if you don't do too well you'd still have the C in the bag? x
Reply 3069
How are you, haven't seen you in ages :cry:

:lovehug:
Not bad, still hating on work, waiting to hear about the management training :sigh: how you been? Your birthday soon isn't it? I seem to remember it being somewhere near mine? :holmes:

Original post by spacepirate-James

I would aussi.

Literally just finished watching the 1st 2 episodes of Doctor Who...I didn't really get into it much last series, but these 2 episodes were brilliant! And I've only just realised how beautiful she is!

Spoiler

Your head will hurt afterwards and you will shout "WHAT" at the screen A LOT

Then i shall be straight on here going: 'Greeneyed, i don't understaaaaaaaaaaaand'

Fun times ahead for you :tongue:

Seriously though, is it really that bad? I mean, i only realised two days ago that the phrase 'make ends meet' means to make the ends of things meet, i always thought that 'endsmeat' was some sort of stew that people made when times were rough :colondollar: How messed up am i gunna be if i watch this?
Original post by .Gosh
Haha my friend's skills! I don't always wear this. :colondollar:

Haha no idea tbh. I've only just firmed it. But the History course looks so good.

I assumed it was for a special occasion!

My friends doing History do say it's great :smile: recommendation: Stay away from sociology, it is awful and will bore you no end, English Language is genuinely extremely interesting and the lecturers are great so highly recommend that, English Lit is okay, bit hit and miss with lecturers.

Crazily enough you could always end up being in one of my classes (cos of second years having to take one first year module!)

So why did you choose Glasgow? Where are you from?

Original post by hobo06
:lovehug:
Not bad, still hating on work, waiting to hear about the management training :sigh: how you been? Your birthday soon isn't it? I seem to remember it being somewhere near mine? :holmes:

Literally just finished watching the 1st 2 episodes of Doctor Who...I didn't really get into it much last series, but these 2 episodes were brilliant! And I've only just realised how beautiful she is!

Spoiler

Oh long time waiting :lovie: Indeed it is on monday :smile: when's yours? Your fb doesn't have it :frown:

Ha ha I like to think I'm a short, brunette, chubbier version of Karen Gillan, I'd say facially we are quite similar!
Then i shall be straight on here going: 'Greeneyed, i don't understaaaaaaaaaaaand'

Fun times ahead for you :tongue:

Seriously though, is it really that bad? I mean, i only realised two days ago that the phrase 'make ends meet' means to make the ends of things meet, i always thought that 'endsmeat' was some sort of stew that people made when times were rough :colondollar: How messed up am i gunna be if i watch this?

Let's just say there are so many questions even after these two episodes that it's like :eek4:
Original post by .Gosh

OHH maths! I was never too good at maths. So glad to drop it after gcse.

Hahawow! thats good! Hmm I'd take it, aim for higher than a C if you can. And even if you don't do too well you'd still have the C in the bag? x

Well you see, the exam's on the 22nd and there's this party i really want to go to on the 21st, but if i do i won't be back in time to sit the exam. And i'm talking Cambridge may ball here, not some crappy little house party.

Anyway, i'm unlikely to get higher than a C in any subject that's essay based. I'm hoping that if i work really hard i'll be able to get 'B's in the subjects i want to take at A level, and C / D s in the rest, i'll have to work really hard though to get that :eek:
Reply 3074
I assumed it was for a special occasion!

My friends doing History do say it's great :smile: recommendation: Stay away from sociology, it is awful and will bore you no end, English Language is genuinely extremely interesting and the lecturers are great so highly recommend that, English Lit is okay, bit hit and miss with lecturers.

Crazily enough you could always end up being in one of my classes (cos of second years having to take one first year module!)

So why did you choose Glasgow? Where are you from?

Fancy dress party for christmas. nothing christmassy, tho. :colondollar: I love this smilie :colondollar:

Oh hahaha, yeah the sociology did look boring. I was thinking the Politics and also English Language. I think I've got a bit more research to do but thanks! Wow that would be pretty cool if we had some same lectures. Thank god I'd know someone there :P

Glasgow seemed amazing! I've been up there a few times and I loved the city, it was so cozy imo. I'm from London, I know long way away but I just need to get away from London! Does my head in. x
Reply 3075
Well you see, the exam's on the 22nd and there's this party i really want to go to on the 21st, but if i do i won't be back in time to sit the exam. And i'm talking Cambridge may ball here, not some crappy little house party.

Anyway, i'm unlikely to get higher than a C in any subject that's essay based. I'm hoping that if i work really hard i'll be able to get 'B's in the subjects i want to take at A level, and C / D s in the rest, i'll have to work really hard though to get that :eek:

Parties! I missed so many for exams and I'm going to miss so many for the ones coming up as well. Thats an odd date to plan a party. What are your mates doing? Are they going too?

Well you could try? But it's up to you tbh. If you wanna party. GO PARTY :biggrin::tongue: x
Original post by .Gosh
Fancy dress party for christmas. nothing christmassy, tho. :colondollar: I love this smilie :colondollar:

Oh hahaha, yeah the sociology did look boring. I was thinking the Politics and also English Language. I think I've got a bit more research to do but thanks! Wow that would be pretty cool if we had some same lectures. Thank god I'd know someone there :P

Glasgow seemed amazing! I've been up there a few times and I loved the city, it was so cozy imo. I'm from London, I know long way away but I just need to get away from London! Does my head in. x

I have no idea WHY I chose Sociology, awful, awful decision :tongue: but Eng Lang is definitely amazing! Ha ha you'll make friends soon enough, I knew no-one and have loadsa friends now! If you ever need someone to show you round/tell you where to find your lecture/suggestion as to which club to go to on what night etc. do feel free to ask me or any of the Glasgow students on TSR :smile: all a very helpful bunch :tongue:

I'm from Cambridge so pretty close to you really :smile: us southerners are the definite minority at Glasgow, not that I'm complaining, more men in kilts :sogood: I have to admit, Glasgow is the best city EVER! Never want to leave it!
Reply 3077
Oh long time waiting :lovie: Indeed it is on monday :smile: when's yours? Your fb doesn't have it :frown:

Ha ha I like to think I'm a short, brunette, chubbier version of Karen Gillan, I'd say facially we are quite similar!

Mine was Thursday...it is on there, probably just the privacy settings doesn't let you see it :p:
Both of you my ideal women! If I couldn't have you she would be my 2nd choice, and she's only a year older than me, thought she'd be late 20s-ish
Original post by .Gosh
Parties! I missed so many for exams and I'm going to miss so many for the ones coming up as well. Thats an odd date to plan a party. What are your mates doing? Are they going too?

Well you could try? But it's up to you tbh. If you wanna party. GO PARTY :biggrin::tongue: x

None of my friends have invites. I feel like Cambridge may ball is too good an opportunity to miss, but i also think that i'd feel bad if i missed the exam. Argh, decisions decisions... :rolleyes:

Anyway, i just saw on your profile that you're doing photography A level, that's so cool!!! What's it like?
Reply 3079
I have no idea WHY I chose Sociology, awful, awful decision :tongue: but Eng Lang is definitely amazing! Ha ha you'll make friends soon enough, I knew no-one and have loadsa friends now! If you ever need someone to show you round/tell you where to find your lecture/suggestion as to which club to go to on what night etc. do feel free to ask me or any of the Glasgow students on TSR :smile: all a very helpful bunch :tongue:

I'm from Cambridge so pretty close to you really :smile: us southerners are the definite minority at Glasgow, not that I'm complaining, more men in kilts :sogood: I have to admit, Glasgow is the best city EVER! Never want to leave it!

Whats so bad about it? Is it just realllly boring? That was me last year with Psycology. I hated it so much! So helpful :smile: I'll defo be asking for some help, I'll need it! Do point out other TSR members from glasgow tho. :colondollar: I'd love to make more friends. I'm quite introverted at first I think. Ahh it's so scary thinking about it!

I love Cambridge, the city is lovely. But Glasgow is just awesome I love the atmosphere. I dragged my parents up there 5 times over christmas and my heart just fell in love. :P how cheesy! I need to stop eating doritos. x

Quick Reply

Latest