The Student Room Group

"Do you believe romantic men exist out there?"

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Original post by Darcy
Ah okay. It all requires time and patience really. But you will find your significant other eventually so I would not worry about it.
Remember to enjoy being single too.

I'm enjoying it pretty well actually! :P It's nice, I've been single for about 6 months now tho.

You seem very wise on the topic, I'll give you that!
Original post by im so academic
I can tell you're not romantic.

Okay..
So you've you gone from thinking that all guys were dicks, to using the notion a label gun? :lol:
Reply 222
Original post by Limitless
Aren't you 14-15. Oh well! Love is love.

As you may know from ISA's posts in the past, she was not so willing to accept a man can love someone nowadays without thinking about sex. I merely showed her love and romance is still alive today. However, we all have much to learn still, whatever our age.
Original post by Darcy
As you may know from ISA's posts in the past, she was not so willing to accept a man can love someone nowadays without thinking about sex. I merely showed her love and romance is still alive today. However, we all have much to learn still, whatever our age.

Why do you take the words from my mouth? :lol:
Waiitt...
Seriously?
Reply 224
Typical perverted posts by some TSRians. :rolleyes:
Reply 225
Original post by Darcy

Reply 226
I can tell you're not romantic.

You can tell if a person is romantic or not by a single post on TSR. Talk about being judgemental.
Reply 227
We've made plans. He'll apply for Oxbridge for postgraduate, and I'll meet him there. :mmm:

Wow I'm really happy for you ISA, the most popular member on TSR :colondollar:

But it's surprising how you've gone for a guy from Bath university. I mean it's just one of the rahhh universities and also has poor teaching quality.

How do you know if you will end up at Oxbridge?

What if he isn't aiming to study at postgraduate level?

And who are you to force him to apply to Oxbridge for Postgraduate anyway?

Thank God someone's finally shown you love and you now think positively towards men.
Original post by *Hakz*

Original post by *Hakz*
Wow I'm really happy for you ISA, the most popular member on TSR :colondollar:

But it's surprising how you've gone for a guy from Bath university. I mean it's just one of the rahhh universities and also has poor teaching quality.

How do you know if you will end up at Oxbridge?

What if he isn't aiming to study at postgraduate level?

And who are you to force him to apply to Oxbridge for Postgraduate anyway?

Thank God someone's finally shown you love and you now think positively towards men.

Love prevails over everything.
Reply 229
Simple question, and I'm asking this just to compare male and female responses.

My opinion: honestly, yes. Asked me that question only a few days ago and I would deny it like hell. But really, you just never know, and I got pleasantly surprised that not all men are lustful pricks. Some, but not all. :h:

Life does have many surprises. :moon:

Meh. You can hardly complain about men not being romantic (enough), when women are the ones to blame.

Chivalry is dead because women killed it.

Women want everything plus more. Why should men be chivalrous to them when they're not doing anything in return? Nor do they appreciate it.
What does the modern woman do to deserve chivalry? Not much, I'm afraid. This is just another example of women expecting relationships to be a one way street in their favour.
The problem here is that most women in this day and age simply don't deserve it. There seems to be this underlying idea that men are inherently inferior and therefore, have to "prove", through arbitrary and utterly meaningless actions such as chivalry, that we are not. That is why chivalry seems to have died.

Chivalry in today's society is very excessive. Women are constantly adored and adorned with affection and gifts and so on. They wanted liberation and equality and they got it - in most places. And adding chivalry to the mix seems just logically wrong.
Why does the man constantly have to make all the effort; spend all the money; support her; change his ways and so on. Just watch all the holiday gift ads: the women get diamonds and cars, the men get razors. The problem with gender equality is that most women just want the benefits of equality without all the red tape.
Reply 230

Love prevails over everything.

So you are not worried that he's not attending/haven't attended Oxbridge?

This is some sort of miracle. God has got into the mind of ISA.
Reply 231
Original post by RequiemForADream
"Every pretty girl deserves to go to a ball"

What about the not pretty ones? :confused:
My boyfriend is amazing. He's so chivalrous, he is romantic and caring and loving, and I love him so much, and I don't tell him that anywhere near enough.
Original post by S_123
What about the not pretty ones? :confused:

Well, it's a direct quote from Yes Man...

But, I agree, it should be "Every girl deserves to go to a ball".

That includes you :smile:
Reply 234
Original post by madders94
My boyfriend is amazing. He's so chivalrous, he is romantic and caring and loving, and I love him so much, and I don't tell him that anywhere near enough.

That is wonderful to hear. :-) Please do tell him more often though!
Reply 235
My first boyfriend was very romantic, so yes :smile:
Reply 236
I'm romantic while at the same time not being a dick head.
Original post by kristinaalovesu
He can't stop checking his phone, he admitted that to me and it was because of his OCD (and it's not just his OCD, he's got other medical conditions too). I remember last month he would hold my hand while we're walking and then once I get ahold back of his hand he would take it back :confused: I guess he was a bit of afraid and knowing that he is inexperienced with girls (from what he told me, and the fact that I'm the first proper one and he told me he's had flings before but no sex and stuff) I think that's the thing thats holding us back and also we live 2 hours away from each other but we both drive, plus I'm going to UK this fall and he'll be here so idk.
He confuses me too much, the other day he told me to drive to his this friday and then after a minute or so, he changed his mind because he feels guilty everytime I drive there because its a 2 hour drive and the gas is expensive so he said we'll just see each other on the baseball game and he's going to drive here (because the game is going to be here in my city). So I just agreed with him and said ok.

OCD and other mental issues are quite common, but it's very good that you are able to see past that: you've passed the first test of relationships.

They can be overcome with a bit of gentle nudging, simply point out when he's doing it and he'll be able to stop himself.

Confidence will grow in time, as will comfort. You just have to learn not to take slight things to heart, but simply try again.

That short distance shouldn't really be an issue, it's common for couples to live a few hours apart. If necessary, by this stage you can probably stay overnight at each others' houses. If not you should be able to.

He clearly likes you a lot, or else he wouldn't be winding himself up in knots, and you also clearly like him or you wouldn't be posting this here.

You're going to be pulled apart soon, so you shouldn't be wasting time worrying about frivolous little things. Turn of the blackberry, and spend the time just the two of you, doing whatever you want to do on the spur of the moment.

You'll probably enjoy the UK, but frankly don't worry about that until you reach that. In the mean time, have the happiest time of your life.

Now, I'm not so hot on my time-zones, but what's to stop you driving over there right now? Surprise him! It's a lovely thing to do, he'd appreciate it, and the spontaneity will help him feel more comfortable!
Original post by *Hakz*
So you are not worried that he's not attending/haven't attended Oxbridge?

This is some sort of miracle. God has got into the mind of ISA.

Not at all. I've always assumed I'd only fall for men who are Oxbridgers.

Evidently not.
Simple question, and I'm asking this just to compare male and female responses.

My opinion: honestly, yes. Asked me that question only a few days ago and I would deny it like hell. But really, you just never know, and I got pleasantly surprised that not all men are lustful pricks. Some, but not all. :h:

Life does have many surprises. :moon:

Yeah, me. :creep:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending