The Student Room Group

What the hell should i do?

So my first year of uni is nearly up - so far it's been brilliant.

Yes, i know this is cliched and probably been done to death on here, but there's someone at uni i get on really really well with.

I'm 19, never been in a relationship before, yada yada.

Dont know if my flatmates are a hindrance or not - basically im on a sub-course with 15 girls to 5 lads and they joke with me being a 'pimp' as im often with them (logically - with them, not the pimp bit!)

one in particular i get on really well with, but i dont know what to do. certain people from my flat have noticed how we get on really well.

In november she got a boyfriend at uni, then a couple months ago they broke up, but it'd been rocky for ages. How do i know this, cos she kept talking to me about it, at one stage she even texted me in the middle of an argument with him.

Anyway, at the moment i think we're really good friends but'd like it to be more than that. i know ultimately you dont know me or her but i really dont know.

its made even harder by the fact we've had easter off for 3 weeks - we havent texted but have spoke on twitter a lot and our friends have commented on the volume of tweets - she'd never used twitter too much in the past before, and now over half her tweets are conversation with me.

then the other thing is the looong holiday. we've only got a month left at uni.

i'm just so confused right now.
Spend more time together in some way or another, invite her for a coffe maybe as a 'catchup' :wink: dont let this chance pass you by though....
Reply 2
Go for it, you will only regret it otherwise. What do you have to lose?
yeah go for it now otherwise you'll regret it
Original post by Anonymous

Yes, i know this is cliched and probably been done to death on here, but there's someone at uni i get on really really well with.

Dont know if my flatmates are a hindrance or not - basically im on a sub-course with 15 girls to 5 lads and they joke with me being a 'pimp' as im often with them (logically - with them, not the pimp bit!)

one in particular i get on really well with, but i dont know what to do. certain people from my flat have noticed how we get on really well.

In november she got a boyfriend at uni, then a couple months ago they broke up, but it'd been rocky for ages. How do i know this, cos she kept talking to me about it, at one stage she even texted me in the middle of an argument with him.

Anyway, at the moment i think we're really good friends but'd like it to be more than that. i know ultimately you dont know me or her but i really dont know.

its made even harder by the fact we've had easter off for 3 weeks - we havent texted but have spoke on twitter a lot and our friends have commented on the volume of tweets - she'd never used twitter too much in the past before, and now over half her tweets are conversation with me.

She either likes you back or doesn't.

So if you tell her.

Then she will either tell you she likes you or she doesn't.

What if you never told her and then she got with someone else because she didn't think you liked her and then you lost her! :redface:
Reply 5
Go for itt!!! You have nothing left to lose... if it goes wrong, you have the summer to not see each other.. wont be soo awkward.
Just ask her out! She obviously likes you, you like her, why all the dithering?
Reply 7
Original post by IndigoRockGirl
Just ask her out! She obviously likes you, you like her, why all the dithering?

Yes i think she likes me but not sure in 'that' way. I wouldnt say i'm particularly attractive, a tad geeky ish, certainly not well physiqued like her ex who was on the rugby team and 'muscly'.

i know people say that shouldnt make a difference but i wouldnt want asking her to sound like a weird thing to say, then her not talk to me for ages.

thanks all
Apparently somebody quoted me on here? x
I would say just go for it, I mean I used to be way timid, but I've found with the fact that I'm just straight with people now, they're generally straight with me, which makes it a lot easier.

Carpe Diem brother
Original post by IndigoRockGirl
Apparently somebody quoted me on here? x

yeah, i did but anon as original poster. i set up second acc anyway so dont know why anonned it :/

so basically, to answer

just ask her out! She obviously likes you, you like her, why all the dithering?

she likes me, but i'm not sure if its in 'that' way. i wouldnt consider myself attractive, i'm not exactly shaped, certainly not like her ex who was a rugby player, and i'm a bit geeky.

i offered her a lift back to uni - we live 3h away from uni, but she only lives 40mi from me 1hr away, her train journey makes a change at my home station, which she declined, but not sure if thats for other reasons.

i wouldn't want to come across as weird for asking and then not talk for ages, especially with the summer break. how do i find out if its worth asking?
Original post by myotheraccount
yeah, i did but anon as original poster. i set up second acc anyway so dont know why anonned it :/

so basically, to answer

just ask her out! She obviously likes you, you like her, why all the dithering?

she likes me, but i'm not sure if its in 'that' way. i wouldnt consider myself attractive, i'm not exactly shaped, certainly not like her ex who was a rugby player, and i'm a bit geeky.

i offered her a lift back to uni - we live 3h away from uni, but she only lives 40mi from me 1hr away, her train journey makes a change at my home station, which she declined, but not sure if thats for other reasons.

i wouldn't want to come across as weird for asking and then not talk for ages, especially with the summer break. how do i find out if its worth asking?

You could subtly ask if she only dates 'rugby player' type guys. Personally, looks have very little to do with anything, but she might be different xx
no, pretty sure she doesn't just, but im still unsure as to if im 'good enough' for her :/ i know people say what have you got to lose by asking but thats the bit i dont want to look like a fool
Reply 13
Original post by Anonymous

Girls can be complicated. On the one hand, the fact that she felt comfortable to text you in the middle of an argument with her now ex bf shows she's friendzoned you. On the other hand, it could be partly her trying to make you jealous.

You won't know till you ask- so go for it! :smile:
Da ****, You sound like I know you?
Original post by malaikah
Girls can be complicated. On the one hand, the fact that she felt comfortable to text you in the middle of an argument with her now ex bf shows she's friendzoned you. On the other hand, it could be partly her trying to make you jealous.

You won't know till you ask- so go for it! :smile:

i dont think its jealousy - she was just very peed off and needed to vent... i dont know though if we're too good a 'close friends' to go out? or am i just looking for an excuse? i'm really apprehensive but i want to soo much.
(edited 12 years ago)
i'll see her tomorrow (hopefully), see what we're like, and take it from theere...

trying to leave earlier so i can race her in the car (She's on the train - i jokingly suggested it before xmas and we did it then, but she was in the car - she suggested it again this time :P) but mum wants to take me shopping first...

a race is hardly a valid excuse, in fact it'll make her delay me even more haha
Had a bad day today... someone seriously asked me if i was gay...

i'm not homophobic but i'm 99% sure im not gay.

i never asked. its now summer, ive been talking to her a bit, met up once but i dont think itll work, i dont know why. i'd like it to, one of my friends says we'd be good but i just cant ask. i dont know why but i can't.

sorry for mumbling im just trying to think things through via the keyboard.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending