The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Harry-AA
I would just love to see after all the stick Arsenal have got this year and all the brown-nosing united have got for Arsenal to have a real 'if we're going down you're coming down with us' attitude and damage uniteds title bid as much as we can, would give me at least something to be proud of this season

That's the same attitude Wenger has towards Cesc and all the other 'kids' that have come through the academy, like Nasri.
Original post by Mastermind`
You mean being labelled one of the worst sides to have ever played under Fergie (or something like that) by the media and fans?

After every single game they play they commend their 'determination' and whatever when the other team clearly deserved a point and stuff
Original post by Harry-AA
After every single game they play they commend their 'determination' and whatever when the other team clearly deserved a point and stuff

It's because that's one of the qualities of the team. You don't score so many late goals/make so many comebacks through sheer luck.
Reply 9483
I hope man utd win the title.

One team in London, there's only one team in London.
After the way Chelsea 'won' today I would have no problem with Utd winning the title.

Hoping we win tomorrow and then Utd beat Chelsea next weekend. :h:
So Bolton and Sunderland still tired from their cup-finals against us?

Nevermind eh.
Original post by neillya1
I actually hope Chelsea win the league......

Dear god, what is the world coming to?

But hey, anyone but United right? :tongue:
We're still mathematically in it... sort it out.
Reply 9487
Would prefer United to win the title as they have been the most consistent team and deserve it tbf.

Would love if we got a good response from the team tomorrow. One win in our last 11 matches against ManU is a very poor record.
All our games against them follow the same pattern. We play well with United happy to let us have most of the possession, have a few decent chances that we fail to convert and then get done on the counter :angry:

Ferguson knows what tactics Wenger will go with as its so predictable. We should change our approach maybe go 4-4-2?

---------Szczesny
-Sagna-Djourou-Koscielny-Clichy
-------Fabregas-Wilshere-----
Walcott--------------------Nasri
-------------van Persie
------Chamakh
Original post by RobbieC
We're still mathematically in it... sort it out.

Yeah but unlike you I'm:

1. Realistic
2. Don't believe every team/official out there has a vendetta against us and the only reason we ever lose is because those teams "love to play Arsenal that way".

Sort it out.
Agree with everyone else here, there is no way in the world I would want Chelsea to win the title, I'll be celebrating if we finish on top of them tbh..
Chelsea deserve the title even less than we do, as far as I'm concerned - people can bang on about points all they like, but the fact is that despite spending £75million in January the only thing they have had going for them this season is a decent defense.
I'd rather United won the title this year. There's something about Chelsea and their army of plastics that really annoys me.
Reply 9492
Original post by marcusmerehay
Chelsea deserve the title even less than we do, as far as I'm concerned - people can bang on about points all they like, but the fact is that despite spending £75million in January the only thing they have had going for them this season is a decent defense.

Defences win Championships.
Original post by MoMatrix
Defences win Championships.

Not without goals they don't.

City have conceded only 2 goals more than you, yet sit some 14 points off the top of the table.
Reply 9494
Not without goals they don't.

City have conceded only 2 goals more than you, yet sit some 14 points off the top of the table.

I am not a Chelsea supporter, but conceding less goals does correlate with winning cups. Arsenal haven't won anything for 6 years because of the defence.
Reply 9495
Please may Arsenal beat the scum tomorrow.

Would be excellent to see who the real 'bottlers' are. (United)
Original post by MoMatrix
I am not a Chelsea supporter, but conceding less goals does correlate with winning cups.

Cups =/= Championships.
Reply 9497
Cups =/= Championships.

To win any game you have to concede less than you score therefore conceding less goals mean you require less goals offensively,this applies in the FA Cup or Premier League. The league table doesn't lie Chelsea have been better than Arsenal. Arsenal have scored 1 more goal and conceded 8 more than Chelsea.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 9498

Slightly bizarre...again. So because Chelsea haven't scored as much as you (3 less), and because they've lost more than you (1 more), you deserve to finish higher?

I'll 'bang on about points' all I want, that's how leagues are calculated after all. Are 'defensive points' less valid than 'attacking points'?

Can't help but think you're handpicking criteria that make you 'deserve' to finish above Chelsea, at least in your mind. Probably why you mentioned money as well.
Original post by RobbieC
Unbelievable.

You're a terrible Arsenal fan, back to your armchair please.

You disgust me.

Bahahahahahaha! :rofl:

Latest