The Student Room Group

Saif al-Arab, son of Col Gaddafi KILLED by NATO Air strike

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by The_0001
Epic face palm moment. The same was then said about Saddam Hussein. Then look what happened and is still happening.

Idiot stop taking this off topic.

Saddam has nothing to do with this.

Iraq is not Libya. Iraq turned out the way it did because a number of bad stupid choices made by the Americans in their handling of the country.

Getting rid of Gadaffi will bring down this regime. The question is do the ends justify the means.
Reply 41
Original post by Broderss
But Saddam Hussein is still alive though.

Where's your evidence?
This and they killed 3 of his INNOCENT grandsons. I'am pretty sure Reagan managed to murder some close Gadaffi relatives also. Of course I don't support Gadaffi but with this international law has been broken, innocent people have been murdered, martyrs have been created and ol' Muammar become even more motivated.
Reply 43
Original post by milkytea
What is the difference between killing a normal Gaddafi loyalist soldier and his son?

The killing of his 3 grandchildren?
Original post by Broderss
But Saddam Hussein is still alive though.

:lolwut: did you not see him hang? or did he look like a 'double' to you? :holmes:
Hmmm call me skeptical but personally I think a lot of what we hear from the Qadaffi 'Government' over the coming months will be open to interpretation... What's to say Qadaffi himself didn't die? Did Saif really die or has he been ushered out of the country and used by the Qadaffi regime as a ploy against the west? With him being the spokesman for the regime and the one educated in Britain surely the West would see him as an unneeded casualty?

What's really going on I wonder???
Reply 46
Original post by Aj12
Idiot stop taking this off topic.

Saddam has nothing to do with this.

Iraq is not Libya. Iraq turned out the way it did because a number of bad stupid choices made by the Americans in their handling of the country.

Getting rid of Gadaffi will bring down this regime. The question is do the ends justify the means.

Who gave them the right to bring down a regime?!
Reply 47
"History will be kind to me, for i intend to write it."
Reply 48
Original post by RamocitoMorales
F*ck off you animal.

Soo you would rather see thousands die?

And I am the animal....
Original post by Aj12
If they kill him they will stop the deaths of thousands of others.

If they had murdered Bush and all others involved in planning the immoral and illegal invasion of Iraq in 2001 then tens of thousands of deaths also would not happened?

Would you have supported an assassination of the former President of the United States? If not then why not? Surely his actions resulted in the deaths of thousands as well.
Original post by Onwards and Upwards!
Hmmm call me skeptical but personally I think a lot of what we hear from the Qadaffi 'Government' over the coming months will be open to interpretation... What's to say Qadaffi himself didn't die? Did Saif really die or has he been ushered out of the country and used by the Qadaffi regime as a ploy against the west? With him being the spokesman for the regime and the one educated in Britain surely the West would see him as an unneeded casualty?

What's really going on I wonder???

Are you talking about Saif al-Islam? as Saif al-Arab didn't get educated in Britain... to my knowledge.
Reply 51
Original post by mirin?

What is this roid-induced philosophy?!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 52
The killing of his 3 grandchildren?

I'm sure hundreds of Libyan soldiers have been killed by NATO air strikes. Hell, even some rebels have been. Yet nobody seems to be mourning them or condemning NATO for their deaths. Why does being related to Gaddafi make a difference?

People are saying it's going to enrage Gaddafi more. For God's sake, the man was already in the process of killing thousands of civilians... I don't think any increase in his anger after that point has made, or will make a considerable difference.
Reply 53
Original post by mirin?

No time for Churchill here I'm afraid.
Reply 54
Original post by Inzamam99
If they had murdered Bush and all others involved in planning the immoral and illegal invasion of Iraq in 2001 then tens of thousands of deaths also would not happened?

Would you have supported an assassination of the former President of the United States? If not then why not? Surely his actions resulted in the deaths of thousands as well.

A million had already been killed by Saddam though. The deaths in Iraq many were not directly caused by Bush merely Islamic extremists using the chaos to kill other Muslims
And nothing of value was lost...
Reply 56
Who gave them the right to bring down a regime?!

When a regime starts bombing its people with jets uses cluster bombs and shoots innocent demonstrators by the hundred it looses all legitimacy
Reply 57
Original post by tehFrance
:lolwut: did you not see him hang? or did he look like a 'double' to you? :holmes:

Can anyone really be sure on what he looks like or who he is?
Reply 58
Original post by Aj12
A million had already been killed by Saddam though. The deaths in Iraq many were not directly caused by Bush merely Islamic extremists using the chaos to kill other Muslims

LOL, just LOL.
Reply 59
Original post by damidude
I think the quote in your signature answers that comment. The UN has taken an executive decision to intervene in a country for humanitarian reasons: to remove evil. By doing so, they have done evil in killing innocent people, and have also facilitated evil by supplying and training brothers to kill one another.

I really need to change that to be honest.

But really, the lesser of two evils and so on...

Quick Reply

Latest