The Student Room Group

Sickening attack on free speech, Veitch's arrest caught on camera

Whether or not you agree with this guy's motives, his methods are entirely peaceful and inoffensive and he poses absolutely no threat to anybody.

Thoughts on his arrest? Justified or not?

Scroll to see replies

Wrong, absolutely. But by the same token, dozens of anarchists were banned from London for the day of the Royal Wedding and it is doubtful that any of them were as much of a colossal prick as Charlie Veitch is so I'm struggling to conjure up too much righteous fury.
Reply 2
Original post by JCC-MGS
Wrong, absolutely. But by the same token, dozens of anarchists were banned from London for the day of the Royal Wedding and it is doubtful that any of them were as much of a colossal prick as Charlie Veitch is so I'm struggling to conjure up too much righteous fury.

Very true, I have some serious side eye for some of his theories.
Reply 3
Democracy lol
Original post by U.S Lecce
Democracy lol

Sucks, doesn't it?
The police officer was pretty nice about it all though...
I like his gf.

She's got some fight in her.

Not that I necessarily agree with anything they've done.
At least one the ***** knew some PACE.
Original post by *Dustinthewind*
The police officer was pretty nice about it all though...

And perhaps they'll be nice to the person whose head they'll put a bullet through.
Reply 9
We can't arrest conspirators?

Reminds me of that Simpson episode when Wiggan says they can't arrest Sideshow Bob until he stabs Bart or some such other character.

You seem to have left out of the title that he was also being arrested for trespass
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 10
I think it's sick that someone can record someone else without their consent, and post it on the internet for millions to see, without that persons consent.
Reply 11
If they haven't done anything wrong than what are they scared about? Just cooperate and get over with it ffs, if they are opposing than be ready to be opposed...
Reply 12
"I study politics at Cambridge actually"

Vainglorious promo video for the pseudo-activist?
Reply 13
Original post by KrazyKro
If they haven't done anything wrong than what are they scared about? Just cooperate and get over with it ffs, if they are opposing than be ready to be opposed...

Did you read the text at the end of the video?
Reply 14
Original post by SteveCrain
I think it's sick that someone can record someone else without their consent, and post it on the internet for millions to see, without that persons consent.

That's completely legal, try again.
Original post by Bellrosk

Whether or not you agree with this guy's motives, his methods are entirely peaceful and inoffensive and he poses absolutely no threat to anybody.

Thoughts on his arrest? Justified or not?

It doesn't matter whether or not he poses a threat, the Police had a warrant for his arrest. He was suspected of committing a crime. Thus he was arrested.
Reply 16
Looks like Veitch has brainwashed his girlfriend.
Reply 17
Original post by Bellrosk
That's completely legal, try again.

As legal as arresting a conspirator, yes, but far sicker.

The woman seems keen on asserting that it's a political arrest to give her ego and her perversions a boost that wouldn't be had if she saw it for what it was.
(edited 12 years ago)
I agree with them and the OP. Horrible.
Reply 19
Original post by SteveCrain

Watch it from the begining again :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending