The Student Room Group

help, i need to decide between Manchester and Leeds before the 5th of may 2011

i'm trying to decide between manchester and leeds, leeds is a slightly better course, i am getting the impression that manchester is a better city for clubbing and in general, but my main questions are is manchester that good for cheap student nights coz i've heard leeds is very good for that, and also where is the better normal night out - what i mean by this is manchester has amazing clubs like warehouse project and sankeys but their high entry prices mean you can't go there regularly, so what i am after is out of leeds and manchester where is the better nightlife is general and where is a better place to live in your opinions :smile:

Thanks a lot
I got offers for Manchester and Leeds and I picked Manchester and I don't regret it at all, so take from that what you will.
Reply 2
Leeds!
I had this dilemma! I chose Leeds, mainly because i preferred the city. Manchester was just like another london, but up north, and quite expensive from what I had seen. With Leeds, i felt much more comfortable.
My Leeds offer was slightly lower. I also preferred the course at Leeds as it was more specific with what I wanted to do.
What subject are you doing? Are both offers the same?
Also, Manchester is about an hour on the train from Leeds (£4 each way), so if you did want to go somewhere like the warehouse project (which i'm planning to as well :wink: ) it would be easy to get to for those special nights out haha.
On other threads asking which cities have the best night life, Leeds has always been mentioned,and it'll be cheaper, so I wouldn't worry about that aspect of it.
It's not as if Leeds is the middle of nowhere, so imo you shouldn't base the choice on which has the better nightlife as both are really great! :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)
You don't say what course you're doing? :s-smilie:
Reply 5
Original post by Lyndon1504
I got offers for Manchester and Leeds and I picked Manchester and I don't regret it at all, so take from that what you will.

I'm exactly the same.. :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by uni questions
i'm trying to decide between manchester and leeds, leeds is a slightly better course, i am getting the impression that manchester is a better city for clubbing and in general, but my main questions are is manchester that good for cheap student nights coz i've heard leeds is very good for that, and also where is the better normal night out - what i mean by this is manchester has amazing clubs like warehouse project and sankeys but their high entry prices mean you can't go there regularly, so what i am after is out of leeds and manchester where is the better nightlife is general and where is a better place to live in your opinions :smile:

Thanks a lot

I've been on nights out in both and i can tell you that Leeds is A LOT cheaper for students. There aren't as many places that you have to pay in, whereas it seemed we had to pay in everywhere in manc, and there are different student nights most weekdays in Leeds. Also, at Leeds everything is in walking distance, the uni is a 10/15 minute walk from the train station and the city center and a 5/10 minute walk from Headingley (main student area). Manchester uni seems further away from the center although there is a train station about a 10 minute walk from it. Personally i prefer Leeds.
Reply 7
i'm doing politics, and manc and leeds are the same offer although leeds accepts general studies
Reply 8
Original post by Lyndon1504

what have you found the best and worst bits about manchester are

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending