The Student Room Group

What date do you set your Anniversary as?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Kasphlam
Unless you actually get together on the day I just don't see it. In that situation I'd class it from the first kiss.

For instance, I know a couple who count it from the day they met, despite them both pulling other people afterwards, before they were mutually exclusive. They didn't even get together on that day! I don't really think you can count that as the start of your relationship.

Hm, I see where the misunderstanding is. We don't count it as the start of the relationship...we just don't really have an exact, single date for the start of our relationship, so we celebrate the day we met instead. Different strokes for different folks, I guess. x]
Reply 61
Original post by Gemma :)!
Well my boyfriend (now ex) and I got together wayy before Facebook let you put an anniversary date, so we just guessed at one haha. But we tried to work it out from the night we got together we'd been friends for ages and had to have the discussion about whether it was really worth "ruining our friendship" over. It lasted two years, and we have lovely memories (and some not to lovely) but I can honestly say I wished we hadn't bothered, as we'd still be good friends if it wasn't for that :frown:

Sorry for that rant, that really wasn't part of the question was it haha.

Aww, wow I went through something almost exactly the same as that! Quite freaky! :tongue:

Original post by Crazy Paving
I'd go for the date we became bf/gf aka got into a relationship. If it went on to marriage (:afraid:) then I'd use the wedding date as our anniversary.

Really? I know this is kind of random, but I love talking about this stuff :colondollar: You don't think it's important to celebrate when you get together as a couple even when you're married?
Original post by .Gosh

Original post by .Gosh
Aww, wow I went through something almost exactly the same as that! Quite freaky! :tongue:

Really? I know this is kind of random, but I love talking about this stuff :colondollar: You don't think it's important to celebrate when you get together as a couple even when you're married?

Probably not, do that many married couples celebrate the day they got together? :dontknow: I suppose as it's not a set/fixed date in mind, like the planning of a marriage, they perhaps remember the marriage date better. :dontknow: My parents don't remember the day they got together, I don't think, they just use their wedding anniversary.
Reply 63
Original post by Crazy Paving
Probably not, do that many married couples celebrate the day they got together? :dontknow: I suppose as it's not a set/fixed date in mind, like the planning of a marriage, they perhaps remember the marriage date better. :dontknow: My parents don't remember the day they got together, I don't think, they just use their wedding anniversary.

I guess you're right, it's probably impracticable and more expensive to remember extra dates! :tongue:

Maybe I'm just an old fashioned romantic. :colondollar:
Mine's from the date we first met... only because there was no real 'Will you be my girlfriend?' discussion, it was just assumed over time and it happened pretty soon after we first met anyway. If we ever got married though, I assume the date of our wedding would be our 'official' anniversary.
Ours is the day he asked me out which was also the day of our first kiss :mmm:
We had a discussion where we actually said we were boyfriend and girlfriend, so that day. Though it was really obvious already anyway. :p:
We didn't care too much about the specific day though.
Original post by Blueflare
We had a discussion where we actually said we were boyfriend and girlfriend, so that day. Though it was really obvious already anyway. :p:
We didn't care too much about the specific day though.

I had this with my ex, except it was less of a discussion as I did all the talking and he just said yes. He wasn't very good with those sorts of talks :redface: :tongue:
I think I'd set it as the day we first met if it was like an odd place where you wouldn't expect to meet. Otherwise the day we first got together and became boyfriend and girlfriend.
The day I said 'I love you', the same day she said 'I love you too'.
Reply 70
Our second date, which is when we first kissed and realised that we really liked each other- the first time we met up was incredibly awkward and we both went home thinking we didn't like each other so we don't use that one xD
The day we got together....21st September 2005. Way before anyone I know was even on Facebook, 'FB official' sounds retarded to me!
Hmmm my last boyfriend and I had a difficult start, to say the least, which mainly involved us liking each other but me continually turning him down because of the age difference (he's two years younger than me) and the fact I had no time in my life for a boyfriend, and then me firmly telling him we couldn't pursue anything, but ruining it all by kissing him...and then I agreed to a 'casual' sort of thing, but he completely misunderstood and thought we were in a realtionship, I panicked and ended it completely as I hated commitment. We counted it from the day after that, 19 October 2010, which was when I realised I needed to be with him and capitulated.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending