The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Ho. Lee. Sheet!! Day of the Moon was AWESOME!!

Original post by TheCrackInTime

ROFL :lol:
Original post by Dinendal Leralonde
ROFL :lol:

That's nothing, look at the dancing Moffat. :teehee:
Doctor Who makes my head hurt. :s-smilie:

So many questions, so few answers! It always kills me waiting a whole week between episodes...
Original post by annab1993
ME! I absolutely adored David Tennant as the Doctor, even though Matt Smith is doing a good job now I don't think he's as emotional to watch as David. I thought him and Billie Piper as Rose was an amazing partnership, and when the Doctor left Rose on the beach in the 'Doomsday' episode I watched it several times and still cried! The Doctor's partners since then haven't been that good to watch, Martha was okay but I didn't like her at the time for the reason that she had just taken the role from Billie Piper and I was fuming lol :smile: I don't think Catherine Tate as Donna really connected with me, because every time she was on screen I was just waiting for her to make a joke cos that's what I'm used to seeing from her. And then there's the actress who plays Amy Pond, I've gotta admit she has grown on me but I wouldn't mind if she got replaced by someone else. Don't get me wrong, I still love Doctor Who, but something has been missing since David left :smile: xx

I know completely what you mean! I feel the same way about Martha ("you're not replacing her!" squee!), and yeah Amy Pond is OK, but I think she sent the wrong message accross to the audience (kiss-o-gram, really short skirts, one night stand with the Doctor...) But I love her and Rory together, since then I've liked her more. But I still miss Rose and the Doctor. :frown: Maybe the cloned Doctor and Rose will meet up with the Eleventh Doctor one day and we can see how they're getting on. :rolleyes:

I'm seriously excited for the Rose mention in series six, can't wait! :biggrin:
Donna was the only companion who got the Doctor to willingly change the course of history (Pompeii). That in my books is worthy of 'top companion' title. Plus she is funny, being a comedian obviously she had the upper end. Oh and she actually became part time lord too, nice.
If you love Rose so much why would you want to bring her back? That will have to mean another interdimentional apocalypse on the way, or her 1/2-Dr is terminally ill/has died, just for her to find that the one she really loved has regenerated again and moved on from her. Even the Tardis isn't how she remembers it. Chances are all that would kill her, if you are such a Rose fan then why do you want her to suffer so? That's horrible...
Reply 846
I thought the partnership between Rose and Eccleston's Doctor worked better, to be honest... there was always something faintly skeevish about the soap opera-esque DOOMED ROMANCE between Ten and... well, all of his companions except Donna, really.

That and Russell Davies couldn't leave well enough alone. The character arc worked well enough when it ended at Doomsday with Rose being dragged into the alternate universe. And then he shoehorned her back in and Journey's End happened and I'd really rather not think about THAT mess again.

Far as I'm concerned, leave her in the alternate-universe with her dildo-Doctor and never mention her again. :tongue:
I LOVE the Doctor and Rose! I really loved their relationship, and although I love the new series, I don't think Moffat can beat the Russel T Davies era for me. Doomsday was pretty much the saddest thing I've ever watched.

THEY WERE SO GODDAMN CUTE.
Reply 848
Original post by xKTx
I read every post... A bit late to this, but I have watched Dr Who from the beginning of the modern series. This ep hurt my brain :sad:

My feelings... That River is somehow a timelord (whether Amy's child or another way) - as she can pilot the TARDIS and actually seems better at it than The Doctor, as she said that she'll actually get them to where they want to be. I like the theory about different timelines :yep: Wild speculation - could the doctor regenerating cause a new timeline to form?

I couldn't believe that my mum didn't realise that the girl was regenerating at the end!!!

River can pilot the TARDIS better than him because he taught her how, hundreds of years in the future and now he's learning from her how he's going to do it. Timey-wimey.
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Somebody on GB just posted their own theory which I'm quoting over because it's so good, it sounds credible. I like this theory, well I have a few small problems with it, but it's a good theory.

Hmm I like it apart from I just don't quite buy the whole "River is Amy's daughter and a timelord" cos I'm pretty sure you'd remember that.
I'm watching it again and there are a few standout lines.

River: You've got a screwdriver. Go build a cabinet.
Doctor: That's really rude.
River: Shut up and drive

Also River/Doctor's flirting scene was really enjoyable.

But I think there's more to Amy's comment about Rory just dropping out of the sky than meets the eye. I don't buy the 'its a figure of speech' explanation.

Original post by greeneyedgirl
Hmm I like it apart from I just don't quite buy the whole "River is Amy's daughter and a timelord" cos I'm pretty sure you'd remember that.

Who would remember? Do you mean River would remember she was Amy's daughter? Because if you do then we already know how the Silence work. They interfere with memory and assuming that's not the last we see of them (I don't think it is) and assuming somehow they take Amy's daughter away from her and she's River, surely the interference would mean that River wouldn't remember especially if she's the little girl who grew up in the orphanage.

There's also the fact that although Amy's picture was there in the orphanage, the girl in the spacesuit didn't seem to recognize or acknowledge Amy as the woman in the photo. She just wanted her to help her. So what's happening here?
(edited 12 years ago)
Also did anyone else notice that the end credits has the characters full names so 'Amy Pond' 'Alex Kingston' but it just says 'Rory' as opposed to 'Rory Pond/Williams'. :holmes:

And Amy's throwaway gad. There were two bowtie momenets. The first with Canton and the second was River and the Doctor and after the second Amy said 'time head'. Red herring? Clue? Sherlock? :holmes:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by sleekchic

Who would remember? Do you mean River would remember she was Amy's daughter? Because if you do then we already know how the Silence work. They interfere with memory and assuming that's not the last we see of them (I don't think it is) and assuming somehow they take Amy's daughter away from her and she's River, surely the interference would mean that River wouldn't remember especially if she's the little girl who grew up in the orphanage.

There's also the fact that although Amy's picture was there in the orphanage, the girl in the spacesuit didn't seem to recognize or acknowledge Amy as the woman in the photo. She just wanted her to help her. So what's happening here?

Nooo, sorry perhaps didn't make myself clear. River would surely remember that she didn't have any memories as a child, she didn't know who her parents were etc.

Also if she was post hypnotically suggested to kill the doctor then how come the doctor KNOWS he is going to his death and gets CEIII to bring 'gasoline' etc.? Because I'm sure that you wouldn't remember your post hypnotic suggestion.
Original post by JO FO SHO
Did I miss something, or wouldn't there be loads of dead Silents lying around after the suicide broadcast lol.

And I feel bad for River. Her last kiss with the Doctor and he was all weirded out by it :frown:

Have you ever tripped over something, but turned around to see that there's nothing there? :colone:
Reply 854
I think that the girl who regenerated is the little kid who escaped from the astronaut suit, and she is River Song's and the Doctor's kid from the future, as maybe the astronaut suit she was wearing refers to the astronaut suit that River was wearing in an episode 2 series ago about the shadows....I think River is the one who kills the Doctor in the future as she was wearing an astronaut suit too :smile:
Original post by sleekchic
Also did anyone else notice that the end credits has the characters full names so 'Amy Pond' 'Alex Kingston' but it just says 'Rory' as opposed to 'Rory Pond/Williams'. :holmes:

And Amy's throwaway gad. There were two bowtie momenets. The first with Canton and the second was River and the Doctor and after the second Amy said 'time head'. Red herring? Clue? Sherlock? :holmes:

I'm not sure which is the important one.. there were a few indeed.

Your last four words made you sound like you were having a stroke... :tongue:
Right. Let this be on record..

I think that the child is Amy's baby. It's a time travelling baby which has taken on the power of the Time-Lord-stuff. The Silents stole the baby in the 'days' when she was sleep, and raised the child to do what only a time lord can do.. pilot the TARDIS. Note River can also pilot the TARDIS.. see where I'm going? :colone:

River is the child post regeneration, and the SIlent's were using her for their own dark deeds. No idea what those are though..?

My question, what do the silents want?
Reply 857
The Silents want the end of all space and time, which they need a TARDIS for, so therefore they need someone who can drive a TARDIS.
I left this thread for like 2 seconds, and when I return River is Aimee's baby?

WHAAAT?
Original post by greeneyedgirl
Nooo, sorry perhaps didn't make myself clear. River would surely remember that she didn't have any memories as a child, she didn't know who her parents were etc.

Also if she was post hypnotically suggested to kill the doctor then how come the doctor KNOWS he is going to his death and gets CEIII to bring 'gasoline' etc.? Because I'm sure that you wouldn't remember your post hypnotic suggestion.

Oh right. Didn't know that's what you meant. But River hasn't revealed anything about her childhood or her parents so how do we know she doesn't have any memories? All we know is that the Doctor turned up when she was young and impressionable and we know the Doctor is going in search of the girl although it won't be a while.

Not that I'm saying the girl is definitely River.

Latest

Trending

Trending