The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Still nothing (sussex uni)

I still haven't heard back from Sussex uni, not even a confirmation or anything.
So I'm panicking slightly now as the deadline is only 1 week away and Sussex is my nr 1 choice.
Should I call them or is it too late?
I'd phone them and explain it's your first choice. You have nothing to lose. What course?
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 2
Original post by Bianca.
I still haven't heard back from Sussex uni, not even a confirmation or anything.
So I'm panicking slightly now as the deadline is only 1 week away and Sussex is my nr 1 choice.
Should I call them or is it too late?

You don't get a deadline until all your universities have replied, and even then you get about a month from when the last one replies. So no need to panic!

But it is pretty late so maybe ring them up to check they haven't forgotten about you?
Reply 3
Original post by SmallTownGirl
I'd phone them and explain it's your first choice. You have nothing to lose. What course?

English language, that's why I'm afraid to call them as my English is far from perfect and I'm afraid this will affect my application.

Original post by angelmxxx
You don't get a deadline until all your universities have replied, and even then you get about a month from when the last one replies. So no need to panic!

But it is pretty late so maybe ring them up to check they haven't forgotten about you?

Hmm when I log into ucas it says that you will hear from all your choices before the 6th of may.
Reply 4
Original post by Bianca.
English language, that's why I'm afraid to call them as my English is far from perfect and I'm afraid this will affect my application.

Hmm when I log into ucas it says that you will hear from all your choices before the 6th of may.

Oh sorry I thought you meant the deadline for replying to your offers.

How about emailing them then? Also I doubt the person who picks up the phone would make any decisions about your application based on how you sound, that would be against the rules as it's not a formal interview. Providing you have the right IELTS/etc qualification you'll be fine. Although it might be good to practice your English as much as possible before September, to make sure you can fully participate in the course and you'll be confident socially.
Reply 5
Original post by angelmxxx
Oh sorry I thought you meant the deadline for replying to your offers.

How about emailing them then? Also I doubt the person who picks up the phone would make any decisions about your application based on how you sound, that would be against the rules as it's not a formal interview. Providing you have the right IELTS/etc qualification you'll be fine. Although it might be good to practice your English as much as possible before September, to make sure you can fully participate in the course and you'll be confident socially.

Yeah you're probably right, it's not that my English is terrible but as I haven't been in England for a while and don't speak English on a daily basis I'm not as fluent as I was, I'm pretty confident that I will be on my old level within a few weeks when I start uni.
I guess I'm just making up excuses so I don't have to call them as I absolutely hate calling people I don't know, but I will call them anyway as it could not possible be worse than being nervous for another week.
Original post by Bianca.
Yeah you're probably right, it's not that my English is terrible but as I haven't been in England for a while and don't speak English on a daily basis I'm not as fluent as I was, I'm pretty confident that I will be on my old level within a few weeks when I start uni.
I guess I'm just making up excuses so I don't have to call them as I absolutely hate calling people I don't know, but I will call them anyway as it could not possible be worse than being nervous for another week.

You could email them but that might take longer. No-one will be there until Tuesday anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending