The Student Room Group

Feeling like no one loves me:(

I am having on of them days where i feel bad and feel like no one likes me and very depressive :frown: How to cheer myself up? I have low self esteem and i have no one to talk to.Music don't help :frown: How one gets over it and just move on?

Also, How to really build up confidence? I try so hard by going out and putting myself in situations but i am so awkward and everything goes wrong way and people start giving me looks :frown: There must be some other way??

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
there is another way, but its top secret. Do u mind me asking your clearance level, and maybe we could discuss this further.

This message will never self-destruct.
Reply 2
I love you
Do something proactive to make yourself feel better. Join a class whether it be language, exercise or cooking or anything else that may interest.

you'll meet more people etc and the class will automatically give you something to start the convo with:-D
I'm here for you op :kissing2:

Also, watch Modern Family. that's what I do whenever I feel low
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
I am having on of them days where i feel bad and feel like no one likes me and very depressive :frown: How to cheer myself up? I have low self esteem and i have no one to talk to.Music don't help :frown: How one gets over it and just move on?

Also, How to really build up confidence? I try so hard by going out and putting myself in situations but i am so awkward and everything goes wrong way and people start giving me looks :frown: There must be some other way??

Hey OP,I think everyone has those days where they just feel depressed and fed up....But you just don't really know why. Especially if you are a female,our hormones are always going all over the place.

You have low self esteem and low confidence? Do you have a job? My confidence wasn't exactly sky high,but when I started working I was practically forced to start interacting with people regularly in a new environment,and that really helped me.

Music never helps,it just numbs the pain for a while,then when the earphones come out,everything is as it was.

Have you got a bunch of really close friends? Even just one or two? I have a large circle of friends but there are only two who I completely trust and they always cheer me up when I feel down. Whether we're just chatting on the phone,or if we choose to go out for dinner or something.

If none of this works.....Just stop and think.....It could all be MUCH worse! I'm sure life is not THAT bad,so just take a moment to stop and appreciate what you do have. Sometimes moaning about things just distracts you from making improvements. So suck it up and make an effort to enhance your social skills....I'm sure nobody stares at you,it's all in your head. Strangers do not care. They normally have much more important things to be thinking about than a girl who may look slightly awkward!:smile:
Reply 6
Self love is the answer to all ills
Reply 7
I love you :loveduck: :heart: :hugs:
Reply 8
Original post by BookWormShanti
I love you :loveduck: :heart: :hugs:

The emoticon with the duck is just creepy.
Reply 9
Everyone has those days. Feel free to PM me if you feel talking to a stranger may help, sometimes it does.
:smile: <hugs>
Reply 10
Go to the gym and sweat it all out. Or run.

Sunbathe - sunshine and warmth always makes me happy.

Keep trying. Life is a bitch, but make sure that you try everything to bitch slap it urself!
Reply 11
Original post by Nibz93
The emoticon with the duck is just creepy.

Okay, point taken!

Okay, point taken!

Evil shanti :eek3:
Reply 13
Original post by blueray
Evil shanti :eek3:

Love how I give someone a hug and suddenly I'm evil :rolleyes:
Actually, go take it up with MissEg it's because she is obsessed with the :loveduck: smiley that I use it nowadays

Love how I give someone a hug and suddenly I'm evil :rolleyes:
Actually, go take it up with MissEg it's because she is obsessed with the :loveduck: smiley that I use it nowadays

Haha yeah, its the duck thing that makes you evil :colone: (like this smiley)
Reply 15
Original post by Ellsbells3032
Do something proactive to make yourself feel better. Join a class whether it be language, exercise or cooking or anything else that may interest.

you'll meet more people etc and the class will automatically give you something to start the convo with:-D

Yes, that is exactly what i am going to do... I feel sorry for myself seeing how i am just 20 and i am lacking in confidence :frown: I am so embarrassed as well
Reply 16
Original post by JaiiStarh
Hey OP,I think everyone has those days where they just feel depressed and fed up....But you just don't really know why. Especially if you are a female,our hormones are always going all over the place.

You have low self esteem and low confidence? Do you have a job? My confidence wasn't exactly sky high,but when I started working I was practically forced to start interacting with people regularly in a new environment,and that really helped me.

Music never helps,it just numbs the pain for a while,then when the earphones come out,everything is as it was.

Have you got a bunch of really close friends? Even just one or two? I have a large circle of friends but there are only two who I completely trust and they always cheer me up when I feel down. Whether we're just chatting on the phone,or if we choose to go out for dinner or something.

If none of this works.....Just stop and think.....It could all be MUCH worse! I'm sure life is not THAT bad,so just take a moment to stop and appreciate what you do have. Sometimes moaning about things just distracts you from making improvements. So suck it up and make an effort to enhance your social skills....I'm sure nobody stares at you,it's all in your head. Strangers do not care. They normally have much more important things to be thinking about than a girl who may look slightly awkward!:smile:

I am female! No have no job because i am so dumb that i can't even pass an interview although i will be graduating this year... don't know how that is but it is:frown:
I had so many friends but because i have low confidence i am very shy hence my friends left me because they were growing and increasing their skills unlike me who is left behind with all the sadness.... Music is a no no for me :frown: It brings back all memories and make me sad even more

Yea i just want to start my life over in a positive way and let go of all the people i know friends wise! I don't have boyfriend and all so i guess i am okay in that sense. Thanks :smile:
I'm in the same position as you.
Try to talk to people that have similar interests in class , have a laugh with them.
Cook. Go for a run. Watch Gilmore Girls or Friends or The Big Bang Theory helps with me. Also , I use
tumblr a blogging service , just to vent my feelings and have met new people similar to me - which has really helped me.

I love you , just for reaching out.
Always here. PM me if you want x :smile:
Reply 18

They don't like you 'cas you whine so much.

Having said that, have you considered moving to Mexíco?

That guy looks like he's enjoying himself!
Reply 19

While it may seem at your age (guessing you're a teen) that things seem like the end of the world, remember how you're at the very beginning of your life. Things can only get better :smile: Be friendly and outgoing to people and you'll make friends!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending