The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4880
I love my galaxy s ii

Nothing will beat it at least till the end of the year
Balls! :mad: If Id waited another day before ordering Id have seen that dialaphone are doing the same deal (£20pm, £99 up front) as phones4you but with a free 8GB memory card. http://www.comparemobiledeals.com/mobile-phones/Samsung/Galaxy-S2?&tab=Pay-Monthly&page=1&sortby=Monthly-Cost&internet=yes Note to self, dont check deals after ordering.

Friggin' typical, just my luck!:frown:

I've already ordered a mem card to so cant be bothered sending them both back. Ah well least it'll be with me in a few days.
Original post by tinkertom
Ive been waiting for the galaxy s 2 for ages, still got a htc hero. From reading reviews id think ill go for the samsung galaxy s 2 rather than waiting for the iphone 5, its a very powerful phone and the iphone is expensive, theres also rumours the iphone 5 will look exactly the same but be a bit faster, bid like what they did with the ipad 2.

there are ok deals about but think phones4u have the best offer available with the internet, see here: http://www.comparemobiledeals.com/mobile-phones/Samsung/Galaxy-S2?&tab=Pay-Monthly&page=1&sortby=Monthly-Cost&internet=yes where you can compare what the retailers are offering. I think tmobile is the best deal and tmobile uses orange network so has good coverage.

apparently they are in stock as well but it wont be delivered until after the bank holiday.

i'm in the same situation as you, still got a hero and consindering the galaxy s2 but now that the htc sensation is coming out within weeks of the s2, the decision has been made harder.

However don't think that the galaxy s2 is going to be much cheaper than the iphone 5 - if you want an iphone 5, hold out for a few more months because the top of the range androids, especially these days, will cost almost as much
Reply 4883
Ive been waiting for the galaxy s 2 for ages, still got a htc hero. From reading reviews id think ill go for the samsung galaxy s 2 rather than waiting for the iphone 5, its a very powerful phone and the iphone is expensive, theres also rumours the iphone 5 will look exactly the same but be a bit faster, bid like what they did with the ipad 2.

The iPhone 5 will probably have identical specs to the SGS2 but with a smaller screen at twice the price. I think I may wait till the iPhone 5 comes out so the price of the SGS2 will drop...but it's too tempting to buy one now! Rumours say the iPhone 5 won't be out till September though :/
Balls! :mad: If Id waited another day before ordering Id have seen that dialaphone are doing the same deal (£20pm, £99 up front) as phones4you but with a free 8GB memory card. http://www.comparemobiledeals.com/mobile-phones/Samsung/Galaxy-S2?&tab=Pay-Monthly&page=1&sortby=Monthly-Cost&internet=yes Note to self, dont check deals after ordering.

Friggin' typical, just my luck!:frown:

I've already ordered a mem card to so cant be bothered sending them both back. Ah well least it'll be with me in a few days.

For the sake of a £10 card...

Anyway you want to avoid dial a phone if you can.
Why is that? I'm using Dial A Phone and I've had no problems at all
Reply 4886
300 mins, 300 texts + 1 GB internet/month + free 8 GB card.

£45.45 cashback here too, so it's £543.63 over 24 months which is only £22.65 per month including the phone :eek:

Think I may order this on Monday, or should I wait a month or two? :confused:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4887
Original post by G8D
300 texts... lol.

More than enough for me.

Original post by RedGuy
More than enough for me.

I send 100 in a day with ease...
Reply 4889
Original post by greeneyedgirl
I send 100 in a day with ease...

Reply 4890
Original post by G8D
300 texts... lol.

That's more than enough for me! :colondollar:

:frown: lol
(edited 12 years ago)
That is really good prices for that phone. Considering I thought I got a great deal paying £15 a month for Desire.
Original post by G8D
That is a pretty fantastic deal in itself.

Yeah that's with cashback mind you. The phone was free, 300 minutes (more than enough for me), ultd texts and 500mb internet. So it wasn't skimping on the network stuff either.
If you send a lot of texts, and your friends or partner have an Android phone or iPhone, check out "Ping Chat"

It's just an instant messenger, and I don't use all of my texts, but sometimes my texts seem to get delayed so I use it for my friends who have it
Original post by noodles!

Original post by noodles!
Just ordered a Galaxy S. My only real experience of smartphone interface is owning an ipod touch haha. Will I be pleasantly surprised? Any hints/tips?

Well I hope you like it. When you get it, take a minute to sit down and organize the layout to get it how you like, then go into the Marketplace and download whatever applications you might want (Facebook, Twitter, Dolphin Mini (browser)).

of course you should set up your gmail accounts and get your mail set up to be forwarded to your phone as well :smile:
Original post by RedGuy

Original post by RedGuy
The iPhone 5 will probably have identical specs to the SGS2 but with a smaller screen at twice the price. I think I may wait till the iPhone 5 comes out so the price of the SGS2 will drop...but it's too tempting to buy one now! Rumours say the iPhone 5 won't be out till September though :/

Meh, I think the phones will both be prices around the same; Apple knows that Android is making a big impact on the market today and unless their phone is really revolutional and has some amazing features that's left out of the Android handsets, I don't think it will be more.

However, on the point about the price drop, phones dont' just drop in price when others come out, it depends on how well they're selling (and the SGS2 wil sell OUT) and how long they've been out on the market. I dont' think the price for either will drop for a whole year or so.
Reply 4896
Any one know where i can get the xperia arc sim free for a good price? The cheapest I have found it is £400 in the carphonewarehouse (they all come unlocked)

Its £360 on o2 payg but then if i unlock it it will void the warranty wont it?
Reply 4897
Original post by G8D
I don't think it would...

Oh right, the people at 02 said it would but maybe they just don't want me to unlock it. But i'm sure ive heard it before
(edited 12 years ago)
Carrier unlocking does not void the hardware warranty for the phone.
don't carphone warehouse sell a lot of phones unlocked anyway? You might not even need to pay for it...

Latest

Trending

Trending