The Student Room Group

Guys in Topman

Is it me or do the guys in topman all appear gay. I'm not complaining, some look really good - and its a complement when they lok my way, but just wondering is it a criteria for one to be gay to work there? lol. Also the people shopping in there, seem really into how they look (like me) which is nice.

When they look are they admiring or merely looking to see how you dress? I swear one was following me the other day, everywhere I went he seemed to be around :s

Sometimes I swear they want to touch.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Topman is for scene kids

Burtons where you wanna shop!

There seems to be a lot of scene kids neggin me :')
(edited 12 years ago)
Whenever i'm in any clothes shop including Topman, people assume I work there. It's happened in Zara, American Apparell and H&M this week as well. Weird
Reply 3
ahaha, love the 'swear they want to touch'. Yeah topshop is rather androgynous, I couldn't tell the divide between men's and women's department! Good for cheap plain t-shirts though.
Reply 4
It's all about River Island :smile::biggrin:
Reply 5
Original post by LimeTree.
Topman is for scene kids

Burtons where you wanna shop!

Damn right! Burtons only allow people in if they have hair on their chest!
Original post by Anonymous
Is it me or do the guys in topman all appear gay. I'm not complaining, some look really good - and its a complement when they lok my way, but just wondering is it a criteria for one to be gay to work there? lol. Also the people shopping in there, seem really into how they look (like me) which is nice.

When they look are they admiring or merely looking to see how you dress? I swear one was following me the other day, everywhere I went he seemed to be around :s

Sometimes I swear they want to touch.

Being gay isn't a prerequisite, but being weird is. Just like H&M and all the others.
Reply 7
Original post by ThemThereEyes
Whenever i'm in any clothes shop including Topman, people assume I work there. It's happened in Zara, American Apparell and H&M this week as well. Weird

haha same! I was in H&M a couple of weeks ago and this guy came up to me asking if there were any M sizes left..I was like sorry i dont work here...and he looked so confused. I felt liek saying do I have a badge or a H&M employee sign stamped across my forehead lol??
Original post by U.S Lecce
Damn right! Burtons only allow people in if they have hair on their chest!

:rofl:

The bright pink and green comic book boxers for men at Top Shop... :sick:
Reply 9
If I were you, I would defect to Zara anyway
Burton and Republic are straight.
Reply 11
I saw some people on Twitter a couple of days ago saying they'd been denied entry to the Brighton Topman for wearing LGBT t-shirts/Student Pride wristbands :dontknow:
Reply 12
Original post by kerily
I saw some people on Twitter a couple of days ago saying they'd been denied entry to the Brighton Topman for wearing LGBT t-shirts/Student Pride wristbands :dontknow:

haha, because topman has a straight macho image to uphold? :confused:
Original post by kerily

Students and gay people ?

Surely eliminating 90% of their customers there. Silly billys.
Reply 14
Original post by ForKicks
ahaha, love the 'swear they want to touch'. Yeah topshop is rather androgynous, I couldn't tell the divide between men's and women's department! Good for cheap plain t-shirts though.

lol its true...I used to look around to see who is watching (stupidly), but now I realise its best to get someone to look for you lol..I guess I do look a bit different, but you're right clothes are a bit of a weird one lol.

You have to look the attention you can get in shops like that though :P
F***in' scene kids.
There's an absolute beast of a camp guy in one of the branches in Brum who persistently dons a deep V, salmon hotpants and flipflops all summer long.
Reply 17
Maybe they were girls who strayed into the mens department, but with all the androgyny it's hard to tell
They do some real nice clothes - t-shirts, jeans, shorts; but some of their stuff is really horrible. I'll never understand those tight trousers that stop at your ankles, or huge v-necks, or those shirts that look like you're wearing a hoodie backwards, or the 'ironic' glasses that make you look like an idiot. If you can ignore all the hipster clothing though, it is a good shop. Better than trackies with a logo branded across the ass, or polo shirts that make you look like a douchebag.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 19
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending