The Student Room Group

Why are some people so racist???

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by evolutionaryme
Don't worry about it. I hope I didn't come across as racist, its just somethings do annoy me and I'm passionate and proud of my country

It's OK, u didn't come across as racist. I feel the same, when i see other people who've come from abroad into this country and they want to change the law down here and that they don't respect or accept the society down here. I'm not white, I'm Indian, and i've been born in this country and me and my family accept this country as our home, we've all been born here from day one.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Bslforever
Hilarious.

For the record, i've seen many a lazy feckless burden to society that has happened to be white. Not that it matters at all. It just counters your last statement.

I know there are feckless white people as well, probably more. I was just lost in the passion
Original post by evolutionaryme
I know there are feckless white people as well, probably more. I was just lost in the passion

I see. TSR does that to people.
Original post by avila

I still remember the experience where a sushi bar wouldn't admit us because one person in our party was black. Creepy.

I've seen black bouncers stop their fellow blacks getting into clubs because they couldn't be bothered dealing with the predictable outcome.

i.e usually the sexual assault of a white female, or violent assault of a white male. Some sort of assault anyway, sometimes both.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 24
Because people do not look beyond what they see.

Face it. There is a correlation between race and crime, as well as race and poverty, both local and global. So people see this and jump to the conclusion that coloured people are inferior

But we know this is not the case and its all to do with other socio-economic factors. Education is the key to stopping racism. But first we must acknowledge that the 'black' race is not equal to the 'white' race, as a group its poorer, less education and has more problems with crime. If we just cover our ears and go 'blah blah its all good, stupid racists are stupid' we don't solve the problem, we further alienate those with racist views. The problem needs to be confronted head on and we need to say 'yes, these are the problems, but this is why, its nothing to do with the colour of your skin'.
Ignorance is what it comes down to really. In both parties.
Original post by ********
i didn't say white people are racist. I do agree that there are gangs full of asians and blacks and that some do come here for the benefits and then just stay here for good taking the benefits. But what happens when an asian perosn isn't racist at all but a white is to them. one of my cousins got stopped from going into mcdonalds by a white lady because he's asian.

i mean are people more racist to people who are from another country because my cousin is from aborad and he's here only to do a degree then he's going back to his own country.

wtf?? Explain plz
Original post by Tommyjw
Shut up and do math.

People don't seem that racist.. at least not in real life. Not like racism 'used' to be i guess.

I really don't know why you got negged for that :confused: I am turning 18 in a few weeks and I have only experienced direct overt racism a few times in my short life. Of course I know that racism still exists and the few times I have experienced racism really upset and angered me,but now I am older,I have realised that ignorant people will always exist,there is no point in letting it affect me. I just feel sorry for them!

It's a shame people have no interest in learning about other peoples cultures,perhaps this would help peoples misconceptions about other races.:frown:
Reply 28
Why do you think? Does it need explaining?

'COZ THEY BE TEKIN' OUR FOOKIN' JOBS N THA'!
Reply 29
I'm racist....to squirrels!
Well, racists are generally uneducated. I'm not just talking academically (because there are obviously A* achieving racists), I'm talking culturally and emotionally.

I actually pity them because it's all so pathetic.
Reply 31
I reckon that many people who are infact racist (whether they say they are or not) usually subconsciously learn this ignorant way of thinking from their parents or other family members.
Actually, it's the non-racists who are the fools.

There are differences between the races which transcend skin colour.

Deal with it.
Original post by bench

Original post by bench
A, There insecure about themselves.
B, They want to act hard in front of there friends.
C, They have been brought up in a place where racism is more tolerable.
D, They're retarded.

Friends??!? Where!

THEIR

But yeah you're right about the reasons, I was just being a grammer nazi.
Original post by OdinsThunder

Actually, it's the non-racists who are the fools.

There are differences between the races which transcend skin colour.

Deal with it.

That's not the same thing though.

I appreciated that different races are going to have different attributes to me, due to them being of a different race.

Doesn't mean I'm going to hate on them because of it though.
Original post by imperial maniac
That's not the same thing though.

I appreciated that different races are going to have different attributes to me, due to them being of a different race.

Doesn't mean I'm going to hate on them because of it though.

Actually to many of the left wingnuts, acknowledging the existance of race at all is considered racist.
Actually to many of the left wingnuts, acknowledging the existance of race at all is considered racist.

It is the unnecessary inclusion of race into discussion where it is irrelevant with which I feel many have a problem. In many areas of discourse, such acknowledgment creates a generalised, unsubstantiated and ultimately false disparity between races and fuels misinformation.
Original post by whyumadtho
It is the unnecessary inclusion of race into discussion where it is irrelevant with which I feel many have a problem. In many areas of discourse, such acknowledgment creates a generalised, unsubstantiated and ultimately false disparity between races and fuels misinformation.

That maybe true, but I'm sure the opposite scenario occurs as well. Where social matters should be attributed to racial differences but instead are wrapped up in some leftist mumbo jumbo.
That maybe true, but I'm sure the opposite scenario occurs as well. Where social matters should be attributed to racial differences but instead are wrapped up in some leftist mumbo jumbo.
In all debates I've had here about social problems and race I've yet to come across a point where somebody can establish a causal, logical and factual link between the two variables. As I said in my first post: generalisation and the failure to consider people's individual qualities on a case-by-case basis is what drives people to suggest race is a contributory factor to psychology. People who declare race has influence on social problems are often confusing it with upbringing, culture, financial situation, etc.
Original post by whyumadtho
In all debates I've had here about social problems and race I've yet to come across a point where somebody can establish a causal, logical and factual link between the two variables. As I said in my first post: generalisation and the failure to consider people's individual qualities on a case-by-case basis is what drives people to suggest race is a contributory factor to psychology. People who declare race has influence on social problems are often confusing it with upbringing, culture, financial situation, etc.

leftist mumbo jumbo

Quick Reply

Latest