The Student Room Group

Discuss your 2010-11 UCAS decisions *HERE*

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
hey guys!

just wondering, do i need to send my A level results once its been announce? or has it been done automatically? and does it work for international students too?

cheers
Reply 581
Original post by patsseh
hey guys!

just wondering, do i need to send my A level results once its been announce? or has it been done automatically? and does it work for international students too?

cheers
See http://www.ucas.com/students/results/examresults

It should work for international students assuming your Exam Board is UK based.
My firm is the University of Edinburgh, insurance is Glasgow, both with Neuroscience. Was certainly worth the wait, though I kind of miss the thrill of getting a reply :smile:.
Reply 583
Hi,

I've been offered a conditional for the FdA Textiles course at the AUCB in Bournemouth for 2012. When i went to my interview it was for the course starting this September 2011.

I rang them when i was offered it for 2012 and they said that the course was full up and I am now currently on a waiting list for 2011- how annoying! Anyway I was wondering if anyone else was in a similar situation and would it be likely i would be offered a place for September 2011 during the summer months!?!

Thank yoooo x x
Reply 584
Original post by kateslatz
Hi,

I've been offered a conditional for the FdA Textiles course at the AUCB in Bournemouth for 2012. When i went to my interview it was for the course starting this September 2011.

I rang them when i was offered it for 2012 and they said that the course was full up and I am now currently on a waiting list for 2011- how annoying! Anyway I was wondering if anyone else was in a similar situation and would it be likely i would be offered a place for September 2011 during the summer months!?!

Thank yoooo x x
It's possible - but only the uni can tell you how likely it is. It's worth finding out how many are on the waiting list and where you are on it.
Reply 585
How long does it take to get a letter from UCAS to confirm your decisions? I chose my firm almost two weeks ago and haven't heard anything.
Reply 586
Original post by Kelz_26
How long does it take to get a letter from UCAS to confirm your decisions? I chose my firm almost two weeks ago and haven't heard anything.
Probably held up in the bank holiday post.
Reply 587
I've just been rejected by King's College London and wanted an opinion on it...

I don't want to sound arrogant, but I applied with 10 A*s at GCSE and 2 A*s and an A at A Level (I'm on a gap year) and as the offer was for AAB, and there was no interview, I don't really understand why they rejected me.

I wouldn't mind so much had I not been rejected from Cambridge and UCL already, and if I didn't want to go to King's so much.

Any thoughts/sympathy would be lovely :smile:
Reply 588
Original post by Elky312

I don't want to sound arrogant, but I applied with 10 A*s at GCSE and 2 A*s and an A at A Level (I'm on a gap year) and as the offer was for AAB, and there was no interview, I don't really understand why they rejected me.

I wouldn't mind so much had I not been rejected from Cambridge and UCL already, and if I didn't want to go to King's so much.

I am sorry you are disappointed, but only KCL can explain their decision. Many of their courses are highly competitive, so meeting or even exceeding their minimum entry requirements is not enough of itself to get you an offer. It sounds to me as if there may have been something missing from your PS, but you'll have to ask them about that.
Original post by Elky312

hey there!
sorry hear that, but what did u apply for?
tbh, i cant understand it either, u do have excellent grades! What did other people say about ur ps?
Original post by Elky312

My friend applied there for English with his grades; A*A*AA, with an A* at AS aswell, and got rejected for a second time! Loads of EC's and a great personal statement, so made no sense! Just incredibly competitive I suppose :s-smilie:
Reply 591
I am sending copies of my certificates to my university and it says to write my UCAS number on the top of each document. Is this the same as the personal ID?
Original post by Kelz_26
I am sending copies of my certificates to my university and it says to write my UCAS number on the top of each document. Is this the same as the personal ID?

Edinburgh require you to send certificates? :s-smilie:
Yeah, it's just the number you used to log into 'Apply'.
Reply 593
Original post by Ecosse_14

Yeah, I thought all universities did if you firmed an unconditional?
Reply 594
Copies.... :smile:
Original post by Kelz_26
Yeah, I thought all universities did if you firmed an unconditional?

Original post by Minerva
Copies.... :smile:

Noone I know ever sent copies of their certificates.. or maybe they did.
Didn't think you'd need to since SQA tell them your results anyway.
Reply 596
Noone I know ever sent copies of their certificates.. or maybe they did.
Didn't think you'd need to since SQA tell them your results anyway.

SQA only tell them if you have a conditional and are waiting for your results this year before you definitely have a place. :smile:
Original post by Kelz_26
SQA only tell them if you have a conditional and are waiting for your results this year before you definitely have a place. :smile:

I'm pretty sure SQA told uni's for my friends who had unconditionals and for the people I've met at uni too :dontknow:
Reply 598
I'm pretty sure SQA told uni's for my friends who had unconditionals and for the people I've met at uni too :dontknow:

Really? Oh well, you need to for Edinburgh anyway.
Reply 599
Does anyone know if it would be possible to get into kings pharmacy if you missed your offer of AAB and got ABB??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending