The Student Room Group

Working near liverpool station, where to live?

I will be working nearby liverpool St station next Sept. I perfer to live alone, no sharing, anyone here have idea where to live?

I have considered leyton (which only 15mins away by tube), or aldgate (more expensive but can go to work on foot). Any good suggestion?

Scroll to see replies

Platform 6?
dustbin
Reply 3
Mile End.
Reply 4
Marylebone. Right in the centre, next to all the clubs/shops, and on the central line. Bit pricey, though.
Reply 5
A budget per week would be useful.
Reply 6
Shoerditch. Pricey compared to some areas but you really don't want to live in the East End.
£200 a week.
I'm guessing you are working at UBS then?!!?!?
Reply 8
During my internship in S&T I stayed halfway between Mile End & Canary Wharf. Ideal since on some desks you need to be in at 6am, and the flat was only 6 mins from work.

Cost (incl. bills): £100/week.
Reply 9
If you can get a place in Spitalfields or around Commercial Road then it's a short walk, a bit more going on as well compared to Aldgate. It goes without saying that everything comes at a price.
Original post by effofex
During my internship in S&T I stayed halfway between Mile End & Canary Wharf. Ideal since on some desks you need to be in at 6am, and the flat was only 6 mins from work.

Cost (incl. bills): £100/week.

Have you got a link to that place?

That sounds almost too good to be true.
Reply 11
Original post by Competencies
Have you got a link to that place?

That sounds almost too good to be true.

Gumtree usually has these - it wasn't a whole flat obviously - just a single room (single bed) within a 4 bed flat. Given that it included amenities (washing machine, drier, microwave, stoves, oven, broadband internet, central heating etc.) I think it was a good deal given proximity to the workplace.

I'm paying alot more here in Amsterdam - but then I do have the whole flat here to myself.
Reply 12
Original post by Zürich
Shoerditch. Pricey compared to some areas but you really don't want to live in the East End.
£200 a week.

Thanks :biggrin: some of my friends did tell me about the East End. But I still hardly find a good 1 bedroom/studio flat for about £200 a week near Liverpool St Station. :frown:

Which website do you use? I alway look at Findaproperty and Rightmove
Reply 13
Original post by CityTrader

You got me :biggrin:
Original post by franklee006
You got me :biggrin:

LOL :smile:
Original post by effofex
Gumtree usually has these - it wasn't a whole flat obviously - just a single room (single bed) within a 4 bed flat. Given that it included amenities (washing machine, drier, microwave, stoves, oven, broadband internet, central heating etc.) I think it was a good deal given proximity to the workplace.

I'm paying alot more here in Amsterdam - but then I do have the whole flat here to myself.

How'd you like my hometown ?
Reply 16

I know he decided to confirm your first guess, but DB and RBS both right next to UBS above liverpool street station. Poor assumption.
Reply 17
Original post by Zürich
How'd you like my hometown ?

Nice and compact. Lots of orange and red yesterday.
Original post by Nimiza
I know he decided to confirm your first guess, but DB and RBS both right next to UBS above liverpool street station. Poor assumption.

Well When I come out of liverpool street station UBS is bang in front of me... I only saw a small DB office, didn't think it was the main building?
Reply 19
Well When I come out of liverpool street station UBS is bang in front of me... I only saw a small DB office, didn't think it was the main building?

Depends which exit you take, one exit leads to a massive RBS area.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending