The Student Room Group

Misfits

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hobo06
Mine was Thursday...it is on there, probably just the privacy settings doesn't let you see it :p:
Both of you my ideal women! If I couldn't have you she would be my 2nd choice, and she's only a year older than me, thought she'd be late 20s-ish

HAPPY BIRTHDAY :birthday: We coulda had a Misfits thread party if you'd let us know :sadnod:

Ha ha indeed I can only see your profile pic!

your present

Original post by hobo06
Mine was Thursday...it is on there, probably just the privacy settings doesn't let you see it :p:
Both of you my ideal women! If I couldn't have you she would be my 2nd choice, and she's only a year older than me, thought she'd be late 20s-ish

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FOR LAST THURSDAY!!!! :woo: Sorry we all missed it :redface: You should have told us! How old are you now? (I assume not old enough to start lying about your age :tongue: )
Reply 3082
Original post by minimus777
None of my friends have invites. I feel like Cambridge may ball is too good an opportunity to miss, but i also think that i'd feel bad if i missed the exam. Argh, decisions decisions... :rolleyes:

Anyway, i just saw on your profile that you're doing photography A level, that's so cool!!! What's it like?

It sounds really big then! Hmmm well if you think you're going to get a C anyway...? ARGH tough!

Its pretty awesome! its a great break from the essays from English and History and I love taking pics with me when Im out. Very relaxing. :smile: Im glad I took it, I was about to do Geography. Blegh. x
Original post by .Gosh
Whats so bad about it? Is it just realllly boring? That was me last year with Psycology. I hated it so much! So helpful :smile: I'll defo be asking for some help, I'll need it! Do point out other TSR members from glasgow tho. :colondollar: I'd love to make more friends. I'm quite introverted at first I think. Ahh it's so scary thinking about it!

I love Cambridge, the city is lovely. But Glasgow is just awesome I love the atmosphere. I dragged my parents up there 5 times over christmas and my heart just fell in love. :P how cheesy! I need to stop eating doritos. x

The lecturers are shocking. 2 of them just read of the powerpoint :facepalm2: if you go on here (obvs the later pages) you'll find a lot of the current Glasgow Uni members :smile:

Glasgow is amazing! Perfect blend of culture, nightlife, music scene, shops, green spaces and lovely people! I'm completely head over heels in love with Glasgow :smile:
Bappy Hirthday!
Original post by spacepirate-James
Bappy Hirthday!

Yo tou,
Bappy Hirthday yo tou
Bappy Hirthday Hear Dobo,
Bappy Hirthday yo tou
Reply 3086
Original post by greeneyedgirl
The lecturers are shocking. 2 of them just read of the powerpoint :facepalm2: if you go on here (obvs the later pages) you'll find a lot of the current Glasgow Uni members :smile:

Glasgow is amazing! Perfect blend of culture, nightlife, music scene, shops, green spaces and lovely people! I'm completely head over heels in love with Glasgow :smile:

Haha! Thats pretty bad, you could just be given the ppt and go to sleep, whats the point of the lecture? I posted in the thread. Hopefully I'll get to chat to some other peeps, but you've been helpful enough so far :colondollar:

Glasgow is the perfect city for me. So glad I chose it. What was your insurance?
Original post by .Gosh
Haha! Thats pretty bad, you could just be given the ppt and go to sleep, whats the point of the lecture? I posted in the thread. Hopefully I'll get to chat to some other peeps, but you've been helpful enough so far :colondollar:

Glasgow is the perfect city for me. So glad I chose it. What was your insurance?

I turned up to about 20% of sociology lectures...:colondollar:

Glasgow was my insurance, Newcastle was my firm (it was AAA, Glasgow was AAB!) At the time I was crushed I didn't get into Newcastle, but the more I thought about it, the more I realised I preferred Glasgow anyway! And now I'm here I'm so so so so glad I'm at Glasgow!
Reply 3088
I turned up to about 20% of sociology lectures...:colondollar:

Glasgow was my insurance, Newcastle was my firm (it was AAA, Glasgow was AAB!) At the time I was crushed I didn't get into Newcastle, but the more I thought about it, the more I realised I preferred Glasgow anyway! And now I'm here I'm so so so so glad I'm at Glasgow!

LOL maybe I should chose Sociology then. :colone: Less lectures if you think about it. How did you do in that subject?

Ohh I see. Glasgow's so amazing I presumed it would be you firm, my insurance is nottingham. :indiff: REALLY don't wanna go there. But I got rejected everywhere else.

They didn't like photography :rolleyes:
Original post by .Gosh
LOL maybe I should chose Sociology then. :colone: Less lectures if you think about it. How did you do in that subject?

Ohh I see. Glasgow's so amazing I presumed it would be you firm, my insurance is nottingham. :indiff: REALLY don't wanna go there. But I got rejected everywhere else.

They didn't like photography :rolleyes:

I'm getting a C in it at the min, and I really don't work! But seriously if you want to maintain sanity avoid it like the plague!

I think if I knew more about Glasgow it would have been my firm. But as my brother's at Newcastle I knew more about it so picked it! I only got two offers as well :five:
Reply 3090
I'm getting a C in it at the min, and I really don't work! But seriously if you want to maintain sanity avoid it like the plague!

I think if I knew more about Glasgow it would have been my firm. But as my brother's at Newcastle I knew more about it so picked it! I only got two offers as well :five:

Yeah I might just do that tbh. :P No sociology it is then.

Newcastle did like the fact that I did photography for some reason otherwise it's a great uni too; I would have applied.

2 offers are the best. Who needs 5? :five:
Original post by .Gosh
Yeah I might just do that tbh. :P No sociology it is then.

Newcastle did like the fact that I did photography for some reason otherwise it's a great uni too; I would have applied.

2 offers are the best. Who needs 5? :five:

It is a great uni, and the best football team :tongue:

Exactly, at the end of the day you only need 1 offer :smile: shall we continue conversation on Glasgow thread so others can see your responses too?
Reply 3092
HAPPY BIRTHDAY :birthday: We coulda had a Misfits thread party if you'd let us know :sadnod:

Ha ha indeed I can only see your profile pic!

your present

Original post by minimus777
HAPPY BIRTHDAY FOR LAST THURSDAY!!!! :woo: Sorry we all missed it :redface: You should have told us! How old are you now? (I assume not old enough to start lying about your age :tongue: )

Thanks and thanks! 22...everyone's calling me an old git now because after 21 you're past the partying age :sad: I'll prove them wrong getting absolutely wasted on Friday :biggrin: (payday Tuesday, so I delayed it a week)

Original post by spacepirate-James
Bappy Hirthday!

I'll take that too, thanks :biggrin:
Original post by hobo06
Thanks and thanks! 22...everyone's calling me an old git now because after 21 you're past the partying age :sad: I'll prove them wrong getting absolutely wasted on Friday :biggrin: (payday Tuesday, so I delayed it a week)

I'll take that too, thanks :biggrin:

Just don't moon a restaurant again :tongue:

I'm delaying my birthday a week cos of exams!
Reply 3094
Just don't moon a restaurant again :tongue:

I'm delaying my birthday a week cos of exams!

I cannot be held accountable for any of my actions whilst under the influence of alcohol.
Original post by hobo06
I cannot be held accountable for any of my actions whilst under the influence of alcohol.

Even cheating on me :cry2:
Reply 3096
Even cheating on me :cry2:

No amount of alcohol could ever make me do that! :love:
Original post by hobo06
No amount of alcohol could ever make me do that! :love:

:lovie:

Urgh I'm gonna get so drunk on my celebrations. During Lent limited myself to 3 units per night out...so that's 40 days or something where I didn't drink much, then since Lent had no alcohol cos of revision... all in all I'm gonna be such a light weight now!
Reply 3098
:lovie:

Urgh I'm gonna get so drunk on my celebrations. During Lent limited myself to 3 units per night out...so that's 40 days or something where I didn't drink much, then since Lent had no alcohol cos of revision... all in all I'm gonna be such a light weight now!

I don't drink often anyway (mostly due to nowhere to go where I live, so travel is always an issue), but I've learnt from my mistakes and know how to steady my drinks to still get smashed and not be ill (I've been in some pretty bad states, particularly when I finished my GCSEs) :biggrin:
Original post by hobo06
I don't drink often anyway (mostly due to nowhere to go where I live, so travel is always an issue), but I've learnt from my mistakes and know how to steady my drinks to still get smashed and not be ill (I've been in some pretty bad states, particularly when I finished my GCSEs) :biggrin:

See my normal limit pre illness is around the 25 unit mark (I'm hardcore me) but won't be anywhere near that now

Quick Reply

Latest