The Student Room Group

Best break up songs?

Anon, he has friends on here, don't want it going back to him that I'm devastated etc...

So, basically just been pretty harshly dumped, I was told that I just didn't fit into his life anymore! Here I was thinking everything was fine....

So, tuneage?

Scroll to see replies

Depends on the nature of the breakup a little bit. and how you feel about him I listened to so what by pink, Why by Annie Lennox, torn by Natalie Imbruglia, song to say goodbye, ashtray heart and broken promise by placebo. bring me down by love amongst ruin, happy ending by mika, Without you from RENT

Yeah, sometimes you need a wallow and a cry *hugs*
Anything by kelly clarkson!
Cliche but Jason DeRulo - Ridin' Solo.

Actually worked for me, and whenever I listen to it now it never fails to put me in an upbeat, optimistic mood.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Anon, he has friends on here, don't want it going back to him that I'm devastated etc...

So, basically just been pretty harshly dumped, I was told that I just didn't fit into his life anymore! Here I was thinking everything was fine....

So, tuneage?

Mr. Blobby.
Reply 5
Anything that involves meeting someone new
I would say to steer away from any songs that remind you of him as they'll never help you get over it. And I hate when people listen to really wallow-y music when they've been dumped! Listen to something upbeat and realise that you don't need them to make you happy. You can make yourself happy.

Whisky, cigarettes and this song = good, wholesome suicidal tendencies
(edited 12 years ago)
I have whole playlists on my itunes for this sole purpose :tongue: Don't listen to sad songs, listen to angry songs about how you are so much better without him - it really works :yep:

Forget You - Cee Lo Green
Since U Been Gone - Kelly Clarkson
Rolling In The Deep - Adele
Irreplaceable - Beyonce
Fighter - Christina Aguilera
Smile - Lily Allen
Survivor - Destiny's Child
Gives You Hell - All-American Rejects
So What - Pink (this one is my favourite :tongue:)

Hope this helps a bit, PM me if you want advice or more angry music :biggrin:
Original post by Delta_Aitch
I would say to steer away from any songs that remind you of him as they'll never help you get over it. And I hate when people listen to really wallow-y music when they've been dumped! Listen to something upbeat and realise that you don't need them to make you happy. You can make yourself happy.

I would agree with this depending on how long after the breakup its been... I think the first few days you need a good cry and a wallow... remember the times you had... then after that, you pick yourself up, dust down and get on with life. cause you didn't need them before so you don't need them now. But I think expressing your grief over the breakup is important at first, because it is a form of grief.
Reply 12
Original post by Anonymous

So, tuneage?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zO7e8pl-Q7A
It won't be your type of music, but I find her lyrics really great, most of her songs are about break ups, betrayal, broken relationships and such.

Here:

It's time for me to be moving on, to start the life that has not begun.

I knew you'd destroy me with your very first hit, but it's already done... I'm too scared to admit.

Unter Null got me through my lyrics, especially the ones concentrating on hatred... as it's good to hate for the first few weeks, then pain eases and then you can just gradually move on, more healthily instead of being obssessed with hatred.
Reply 14
'If you seek Amy' by Britney

Make that bastard jealous!!!
Reply 15
Adele - rolling in the deep
Reply 16
Linkin Park- In the End.
I don't really have any... Overtly happy or cheesey songs may do the trick though. Gotta Keep Smiling by Scouting For Girls is a good one, or you may want to go a little further back to some Avril (Sk8rboi) or S Club (Reach For the Stars and S Club Party). Ridiculous but it might make you want to dance which will make you feel better :smile:
Reply 19
Anything from Bullet for my Valentine :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending