The Student Room Group

Why Are Arab/ Middle Eastern Men So Confrontational?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
They are very hostile cause they dont get laid much-Period.
Reply 21
Original post by 2ndClass
Still searching for the link between being subjects of an "absolute monarchy" and a superiority complex.....

In a basic sense, I guess the link could be that they are following the example set. ie. Isn't that the concept of living in a monarchy? Everyone should look up to the monarchy and aspire to be like them. So maybe as soon as they step into another (democratic) country with laws and rules, they consider themselves (as monarchs/ or members of a monarch system) to be too superior to live peacefully by the same rules that everyone else does.

I probably didn't explain that v. well but I hope you can get what I am saying.
Reply 22
Original post by lilchisler
They are very hostile cause they dont get laid much-Period.

The men pretty much have free reign/ complete power to do whatever they want with women so I don't think this is an issue. If they wanted to get it, they would just demand it surely?
Reply 23
Original post by Anonymous
I agree with OP and I'm part Arab myself. Made even worse by the fact that I'm more Persian than I am Arab which infuriates them because it means that a woman in my family married who she loved haha. No matter how unintelligent, how unattractive, how disadvantaged, how whatever, they will always find a way to look down on you. Its like ARGHHHHHH. I have so many stories about this seriously. I could just sit here and vent all bloody day. :rolleyes:

Arab women are nothing like the men though which makes me wonder where the **** are they getting this attitude from?

Thanks for the reply and insight.

Yeah exactly it's that concept of looking down on everyone else that confuses me. I used to think it was just me but then I see them constantly refusing to cooperate. For example, when I have to work with an Arab guy if we dare try and put a schedule in front of him, or ask him what time he is coming into work, or ask him to follow company protocol. All of these are pretty straightforward things that most people would answer in order to make the team/ company function better. But he just won't participate in this I think because he thinks he is above any form of system or teamwork.

So what stories do you have?

I like Arab women. I have only met a few in the UK and I have to say they are incredibly beautiful and stylish.
Reply 24
Original post by Anonymous
The men pretty much have free reign/ complete power to do whatever they want with women so I don't think this is an issue. If they wanted to get it, they would just demand it surely?

I live in an Arab country and true male dominance is quite obvious but most of the time men treat the women in a different way.A way where the benchmarks set for women in society are different and most of the young arab women today fail to accept this ideology.They refuse to accept any inferior treatment. What i believe is most of the younger Arabs should gain a lil more confidence and be more confident.They need to watch some keys to the vip :damnmate::danceboy::dance:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending