The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 640
Original post by Truered
Deadman wonderland is the series to make me be sad about the death of Tokyopop (English manga publisher) as apparently they were releasing the manga. I like things like this with a battle royale-like vibe- I just find the setting etc fascinating :yes: I wanna get the manga, but at this time it'd be pointless and throwing money away :moon:

As I mentioned in my previous post, having read the manga has in some way tainted my enjoyment of the anime because I already know how the story is going to transpire, twists and all. All the more so for a series like this that has plenty of mystique. It's definitely my favourite, alongside C, and I particularly like the OP. :yes:

And now I'm at 100 episodes of Ranma, making it the first series to hit that landmark since Pokemon in the 90s, as I said earlier :awesome:

Congrats. I'm surprised you've managed to get through it so quickly. Admittedly, from my recollection, it's not really the best series to marathon, given how simple and episodic it is. :tongue:
Reply 641
Original post by Aiko
As I mentioned in my previous post, having read the manga has in some way tainted my enjoyment of the anime because I already know how the story is going to transpire, twists and all. All the more so for a series like this that has plenty of mystique. It's definitely my favourite, alongside C, and I particularly like the OP. :yes:

If MAL is to be believed the anime adaptation will be 12 episodes, so while I wouldn't need it yet, I know I'd want to see what happens beyond the anime (and moreso see it uncensored, as cara mentioned in the season thread). Last time I checked I was fairly certain it was still "ongoing" :yes:

On the subject of manga, hopefully on Tuesday* I'll be going on a manga buying binge- I'm going to pick up the first omnibus edition of CC Sakura :ahee:

*Due to a problem on the argos site, they ended up taking out money twice for two orders that didn't complete, so I'm hoping they were telling the truth and the money will be back after the bank holiday :colondollar:
Reply 642
Original post by Truered
If MAL is to be believed the anime adaptation will be 12 episodes, so while I wouldn't need it yet, I know I'd want to see what happens beyond the anime (and moreso see it uncensored, as cara mentioned in the season thread). Last time I checked I was fairly certain it was still "ongoing" :yes:

Hmm, fair enough. Admittedly, I was generalising and not solely referring to Deadman Wonderland with the above comment, but that I felt having prior knowledge has hindered my enjoyment somewhat. Anyway, I suspect that certain revelations will be revealed in a different way in the anime due to the time constraints (it is slated for twelve episodes), which is further evidenced by the subtle changes I've noticed already (particularly in regard to a certain character not making an appearance).

On another note, I've decided to randomly pick up Togainu no Chi, Dogs: Bullet & Carnage and Strait Jacket. We'll see how these fare...
Reply 643
Rainbow really is a teary man's anime :cry2:

I'm loving it though :teeth:
Reply 644
The Deadman Wonderland protagonist is starting to piss me off.

He was more likeable in the manga especially since there weren't so many flashbacks, but in the anime he simply looks like this annoying kid with a stupid hairdo.
Reply 645
I gave Astarotte's Toy a look in, and I actually quite like it :getmecoat:

Not that it isn't pedobait (cos it is :tongue:), but it's more innocent-panty-jokes and crazy llamas type rather than anything explicit. It's mostly cute and harmless (so far). And I'm sucker for cute.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 646
that highschool of the dead OVA seemed to only be one step away from turning into hentai:mmm: was pretty funny :laugh:
Reply 647
Original post by vin
that highschool of the dead OVA seemed to only be one step away from turning into hentai:mmm: was pretty funny :laugh:

The fat guy in the swimsuit made me cringe. It was more distracting than the ridiculous oppais. Especially towards the end with the.....thrusting......
Reply 648
Original post by Aiko
Hmm, fair enough. Admittedly, I was generalising and not solely referring to Deadman Wonderland with the above comment, but that I felt having prior knowledge has hindered my enjoyment somewhat. Anyway, I suspect that certain revelations will be revealed in a different way in the anime due to the time constraints (it is slated for twelve episodes), which is further evidenced by the subtle changes I've noticed already (particularly in regard to a certain character not making an appearance).

I know what you mean :yes:

I tend to have a habit of liking something, and ending up wanting more, reading wikipedia/forums etc and getting ahead of the plot (I've never really been argh spoilers* :mad: :tongue:) but for this show I'm staying blind so everything is a surprise :yes:

*spoilers only tend to annoy me when they're deliberately posted to troll other people (I can remember someone putting most of the major plot turns in a thread about naruto in which some none animesoc members were previously having a nice chat on here once :unimpressed: )
NANDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :cry:

I'm currently learning Japanese with this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgiBsc613i8 :rofl:
Finally reached the end of the Marineford arc of One Piece... Feels weird to be only 7 episodes behind the weekly release, but as I said before I'll be stalling it here until the next arc finishes. Definitely too used to marathoning it arc by arc to change my ways now. :p: Will be starting Rurouni Kenshin in its place.

However, due to the aforementioned One Piece marathon and watching a load of films this week, I'm way behind on my ongoing series. Unless Kenshin impresses me from the very beginning, I'll likely take it slowly for now and prioritize getting through this backlog (particularly my blog series Kaiji).
(edited 12 years ago)
GOOOODDDD it's so hard to watch One Piece from the beginning! I've read the manga, but the anime is taking so long to get through...
Original post by hxecute
GOOOODDDD it's so hard to watch One Piece from the beginning! I've read the manga, but the anime is taking so long to get through...

Took me almost exactly 16 months, since I started it as a New Year's resolution to watch longer series back in January 2010, and only got to the point where I could easily catch up tonight. :p:

That wasn't solid viewing of course, I took the first episodes quite slowly, and stalled it plenty of times (for over a month at least once) between arcs while I was watching other things. :yes:
Reply 653
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Took me almost exactly 16 months, since I started it as a New Year's resolution to watch longer series back in January 2010, and only got to the point where I could easily catch up tonight. :p:

That wasn't solid viewing of course, I took the first episodes quite slowly, and stalled it plenty of times (for over a month at least once) between arcs while I was watching other things. :yes:

I started it in december, Also took it slowly and stalled for a bit. I've already caught up :colondollar:
I have no life :ashamed:
Reply 654
Original post by Facticity
Rainbow really is a teary man's anime :cry2:

I'm loving it though :teeth:

Yeah, definitely one of my favourites from last year. Made a change from the usual offerings. :yes:

Original post by Susant
I gave Astarotte's Toy a look in, and I actually quite like it :getmecoat:

Not that it isn't pedobait (cos it is :tongue:), but it's more innocent-panty-jokes and crazy llamas type rather than anything explicit. It's mostly cute and harmless (so far). And I'm sucker for cute.

I watched the first episode of this and found it mildly entertaining, but not enough to watch weekly. Will return to it at some point. :giggle:

Original post by Truered
I know what you mean :yes:

I tend to have a habit of liking something, and ending up wanting more, reading wikipedia/forums etc and getting ahead of the plot (I've never really been argh spoilers* :mad: :tongue:) but for this show I'm staying blind so everything is a surprise :yes:

*spoilers only tend to annoy me when they're deliberately posted to troll other people (I can remember someone putting most of the major plot turns in a thread about naruto in which some none animesoc members were previously having a nice chat on here once :unimpressed: )

Really? A large part of the reason I love fiction is the anticipation of wanting to know what comes next, all the more so when it's a television series where I have to wait for the next episode to find out. Losing that intrigue by reading up on the story on something like Wikipedia would dampen my enjoyment substantially. Better to find out as you're watching than to spoil it for yourself due to impatience, in my opinion.

As for those who deliberately post 'spoilers', I agree. Finding satisfaction in ruining somebody else's enjoyment of something is rather pathetic.
Original post by bill-e
I started it in december, Also took it slowly and stalled for a bit. I've already caught up :colondollar:
I have no life :ashamed:

Meh, you must have stalled it for shorter periods, and watched less other series at the same time. I was unemployed, out of education and geographically isolated from civilization for most of 2010, anime WAS my life. :giggle:

Still, that's an impressive speed. :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 656
Episode 3 of Ao no Exorcist laid the foundation for the rest of the series.

Spoiler

Reply 657
There's one piece talk on here, and I'm one of the newer arrivals to it, having been put off by the sheer length of it- two years worth of episodes ago :facepalm2: Currently at episode 54, have the first 400 episodes to watch.

Just a shame that I'm currently watching a buttload of new season shows, so I haven't really had the opportunity/mood to binge since I stalled on episode 50 to avoid running out of episodes :nyoron:
Reply 658
Regarding One Piece, or any long-running anime, I've never been put off by length. For instance, I've managed to reach episode 60 of DB Kai in a matter of days (specifically, three). Of course, I acknowledge that just because I can devote an entire day to watching an anime doesn't mean that everybody has the same stamina. That, and I tend to watch anime while doing something else, which is a bit more difficult for those who rely on subtitles. So, in essence, if we consider how quickly I've watched DB Kai, I can imagine getting through the entirety of One Piece in a few months, and this is assuming I only watch it during the weekend.

Additionally, rather than putting me off, I'd rejoice in the fact that there's over 400 episodes of an anime that I'm enjoying. I've never understood the mindset that because there's a lot of episodes to get through, you'd rather not watch it... Just watch at your own pace and enjoy it. There's no time limit or requirement to finish it quickly.
Reply 659
I have two 24hr Crunchyroll Guest Passes available for anyone who wants to try the site's HD streams out. PM me and I'll give you the links.

Latest

Trending

Trending