The Student Room Group

What do you think the next world war will be fought over?

I listened to a podcast about 2 years ago and it said water. It makes sense because the world population is growing rapidly. China is at the forefront of it and it's HUNGRY for resources. The West is slowly diminishing. Africa is just hopeless as ever.
I think it will get to a point where people will be fighting to survive and not to be the "Top dog"
China is slowly taking over the world. They are now owed money by the US & Japan.
I think the West will start it and finish us all.
Discuss.
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
iPad 3's
Reply 2
Oil/natural gas and rare earth metals.
Reply 3
Something totally pointless that could have been avoided or something that the majority of people really don't care about.
War over Mordor maybe?

I think it will be over oil. I think the unrest in the middle-east at the moment is an attempt by the west so they have an excuse to take control of countries for their oil :lolwut:
Reply 5
Yeah, either water or maybe even oil (if it comes to it and we've not bothered trying to convert to other sources of energy).

Or Scarlett Johanssen. :sexface:
Original post by Thomas...
iPad 3's

lol, this is so funny.
Reply 7
Oil.

China and America hold last rights to oil found when it is running on the lower third-reserve. Once that gets really low, they will use separate military reserves to occupy, obtain and transport that oil back to the respective countries in order to maintain their internal-workings.

Chinese and American forces will fight for land laden with oil, oil-rigs, oil-derrick fields and any storage areas. The Middle-East, especially the UAE will use conventional and nuclear arms to prevent incursion onto their oil fields; thus contaminating them in the process, most likely.

They wont attack America or China directly, but rather use low-megaton yield warheads to attack formations.

NATO will back America, Russia will probably join in itself or ally with China, and China itself will be able to hold their own. India and Pakistan will probably fall into a war and **** will break down.

But yes, the Third World War will be fought over oil.
I don't know what, over some important resource rather than a disagreement. But we'll know when the cities raise themselves on hydraulic legs...
Reply 9
The next world war will be about Air, Sun and Water as countries will try to take over countries that are in a better position in the world to take advantage of the natural resources, those natural resources will then be used to create energy for our cars, homes etc.

The next war is over Oil.
Original post by big-boss-91
i bet it'll be a three tier war, the west, the middle east and the east all fighting for resources. Obviously since the middle east is basically stuck in the 13th century they'll lose first as the west and east takes their oil and natural resources and face each other.

or

west + east vs the muslims

Why Muslims? Why is everyone terrified of them?

In the bold text do you mean their barbaric practices? A few of their cities look modern but the people themselves are disgusting.
When Kate Middleton gives birth to an Asian baby...
Reply 12
oreos

.... yum.
Original post by Silver Arrow
I listened to a podcast about 2 years ago and it said water. It makes sense because the world population is growing rapidly. China is at the forefront of it and it's HUNGRY for resources. The West is slowly diminishing. Africa is just hopeless as ever.
I think it will get to a point where people will be fighting to survive and not to be the "Top dog"
China is slowly taking over the world. They are now owed money by the US & Japan.
I think the West will start it and finish us all.
Discuss.

By the looks of it, the middle East. However, if the world ever reaches a state of war, we're all screwed.
Reply 14
Oil I expect

One of the most needed things in the world, but also is running out fast.
Israel.
Reply 16
Money.
Reply 17
Oil
Reply 18
Original post by iainthegreat
When Kate Middleton gives birth to an Asian baby...

Well we knew that condoms are only 82-90% effective when we agreed to do it.
Gold.

Quick Reply

Latest