The Student Room Group

Do your parents get a bit uneasy if you date outside your race?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
They don't really care as long as the person isn't black or Muslim(I am a Christian). Not being racist. I am mixed myself(Filipino- German- Spanish)
Reply 101
My sister only sleeps with black men because our parents told her not to sleep around with random men and that she should at least find one guy to settle down with. I don't think she's ever had a white cock in her actually :s-smilie:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 102
Original post by alwaysme
My mothers last 2 boyfriends were black and I always take the piss by saying stuff like "once you go black you don't go back" and whenever she asks my opinion on a man who isn't black (she dates a lot) I'll say he's not your type, "needs more melanin".

So if I ever got a black girlfriend, she'd find it hilarious.

Don't you have any issues with all these men having their way with your mother then tossing her aside once they've finished?
Original post by jessie6693
Cool! :smile: did you grow up there? My mum only lived there until she was 12 and then her and my grandparents immigrated to Canada. She goes back once in a while, but I've never been.

tee hee :P
I was born there and moved here when i was 1, then moved back at around 3 then came back aged 5 so it's been a bit chaotic :smile:
I've spent most of my life here though but i visited in 2007 after around 8 years! it's a lovely place to grown up :smile: definitelty worth a visit- espesh the victoria falls
i think zambians moving to canda became a bit of a 'thing' a few years back, i know peeps that moved over there :wink:

<3
Reply 104
Original post by Broderss
Don't you have any issues with all these men having their way with your mother then tossing her aside once they've finished?

Yes I do, but after growing up with it, all I can do is tell her that something is wrong and she can do whatever the **** she wants. It's her life after all.

The last guy was married and seeing her on the side without her knowing. After she mentioned that she couldn't go round his because "his ex-wife didn't want him having other women in the house while they were selling it" and him being a chief accountant (he drove a crappy small car). I told her that something was definitely wrong, but she carried on anyway. Don't know what I'd do if i ever ran into him.

She will eat up any bull**** story if she fancies him enough. And whenever she goes on about how "all men are bastards" I just want to slap her. Doesn't really help with my opinion of women tbh.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 105
Original post by Ich Dien
My mums German, shes had one Scottish and one English husband.

And we dont live in Cyrodill for christ sake. Its modern times....

lulz epic t.e.s reference
Original post by 'bob'
lulz epic t.e.s reference

Not now, not later, not ever
Reply 107
Original post by Anonymous
Neither of my parents want to me to date (or marry, rather) a black guy. They've explicitly told me this.

It's quite funny/strange considering the fact that I'm half black.......

rofl. now that is strange. So your black father/mother told you in plain words that they don't want you to marry someone from their own race? How akward must that've been. Did they mention a reason?
Reply 108
I once mentioned it in passing (regarding a long term relationship) and my mother went berserk on me. It took me 3 weeks to convince her that I was kidding (sort of).
Reply 109
Original post by Ich Dien
Not now, not later, not ever

say what?
Original post by /raees.rahim
Don't care as long as they're not black.

Why? :confused:
mum doesn't care

dad won't allow it to happen.

can't win.
My mum doesn't care what race I date. My dad on the otherhand is a very racist person and he doesn't want me to ever date anyone who isn't British or American basically. I say **** him, I can date who I want!
Original post by Leahcar
I have never done so, but I know my parents would be a bit funny about it. My dad especially, he's a proper stick in the mud!
That wouldn't stop me though :biggrin: it's my choice and if I ever end up with someone of a different race my parents may deal with it lol!

Same here :five:
Neither of my parents want to me to date (or marry, rather) a black guy. They've explicitly told me this.

It's quite funny/strange considering the fact that I'm half black.......

Really? :confused: Why?
Original post by Lewroll
My mum would be pissed but I don't care what she thinks about who I date. I like girls of all races and luckily I live in quite a diverse area, so there is lots of choice :sexface:

Same here! :five: Gotta love LDN for its diversity! :smile:
Reply 116
I don't think they would, not as if I would care though. We got angry with our Uncle though cause he refused to acknowledge his neice (my cousin) and her new baby cause its a mixed race baby she's had with her black partner.
I'm Indian. The rule in our house in NO Whites, NO Blacks and NO Muslims. My mum also told me not to marry an Oriental guy because she doesn't want a 'slit eyed - flat faced' grandchild haha.

:eek: How rude!
Yes, once when I was participating in the three legged race and I dated a guy who was doing egg'n'spoon.... my parents got really narky.

Tbh, I think my parents would prefer me to date someone white but I don't think they'd try to stop me if I didn't. And if they did, I wouldn't listen. xD
I'm Indian. The rule in our house in NO Whites, NO Blacks and NO Muslims. My mum also told me not to marry an Oriental guy because she doesn't want a 'slit eyed - flat faced' grandchild haha.

HAHA. Sorry, I'm really sorry, that was hilarious. I have nothing against chinese people (my best friend's from Hong Kong!) but that just reminded me of the sort of thing my grandparents would say. :')

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending