The Student Room Group

Do your parents get a bit uneasy if you date outside your race?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
I think my parents would prefer me to get with an African guy. Well, that's what my dad has vocally expressed a few times. But I'm sure they wouldn't mind too much if the guy was a different race, providing he was decent for me :smile:

Not being rude but I'd never ever want to be with a 'freshie' African guy.
Well my parents woud be upset if i dated outside my RACE, i mean beastiality isn't exactly legal. However i'm allowed to date whatever ethnicity i please, considering i'm the product of ethnic mixing, they'd be very hypocritical to say otherwise.
Original post by Anonymous
My parents have said they wouldn't want me dating a black guy because our kids wouldn't look like me. They're not racist, and I kinda agree with them. They said if we were black they wouldn't want me dating a white guy for the same reason.

:lolwut:

Do your parents expect kids to be clones or something?
I never have, but I don't think either of my parents would mind at all if I did.
Which is good, because I do have a thing for black guys :P
My parents wouldn't mind seeing as they are not thick, bigoted, morons.
Reply 125
my parents get uneasy if i date at all :colonhash: ****ing on the low is hard work, Bring on uni!

My last ex was very upper class tho and couldn't tell her parents i was black, someone once saw us and told her mum and she had to lie i was mixed race :lol:
Reply 126
Original post by LoveErinxo
I never have, but I don't think either of my parents would mind at all if I did.
Which is good, because I do have a thing for black guys :P

:hi:
Only when I try to date Romulans for some reason. Vulcans on the other hand, they like the green-blooded goblins. Who knows eh?!
Reply 128
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
I think my parents would prefer me to get with an African guy. Well, that's what my dad has vocally expressed a few times. But I'm sure they wouldn't mind too much if the guy was a different race, providing he was decent for me :smile:

Haha my mum thinks I'm going to marry a Nigerian girl, boy is she going to be shocked. Dad's only bothered about her being a Christian
Original post by 'bob'
say what?

You never played the speechcraft game? :rolleyes:
Original post by KJane
I don't think they would, not as if I would care though. We got angry with our Uncle though cause he refused to acknowledge his neice (my cousin) and her new baby cause its a mixed race baby she's had with her black partner.

Aww how sad. Sorry but your uncle's a p****. What ever happened to 'blood is thicker than water?'
Original post by dmz
My last ex was very upper class tho and couldn't tell her parents i was black, someone once saw us and told her mum and she had to lie i was mixed race :lol:

OMG :eek: :lol:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 132
Original post by dmz
Haha my mum thinks I'm going to marry a Nigerian girl, boy is she going to be shocked. Dad's only bothered about her being a Christian

lol why?
Reply 133
Original post by Dee Leigh
OMG :eek: :lol:

Haha, i wasn't even allowed gf's and it wasn't her fault her parents are like that so no need to make her life hard,(had to spend ****loads on hotels :sigh:) her mum wants us to be friends now tho, x
Reply 134
Original post by Ebuwa
lol why?

cos if i ever grow the balls to get married she might not even be black, lol. Any girl that was at the same stage as me personality/value/belief wise i guess.
Reply 135
My mum used to be all "Better not marry a White man! (or Ghanian - she didn't actually say it but it was in her eyes)"

And then she started dating a white guy and is now telling me to marry white men as... (well - she cusses out nigerian dudes. you wouldn't want to hear)
Reply 136
Original post by RexyB
My mum used to be all "Better not marry a White man! (or Ghanian - she didn't actually say it but it was in her eyes)"

And then she started dating a white guy and is now telling me to marry white men as... (well - she cusses out nigerian dudes. you wouldn't want to hear)

I think the whole Ghanian and Naij beef is silly.
I'm mixed myself, so i dont see them having any issues
The UK is probably the most open minded country when it comes to interracial relationships, i read an article somewhere saying that we have the highest interracial marriage percentage ...if this were America the poll results would be very different
(edited 12 years ago)
Hmmm my mum is definitely against me dating outside my race (not that I could give ****) though in her social interactions with other races she doesn't seem to be racists. Just during marriage talk she tends to become quite racist. She has this idea that you should marry within your own race to preserve culture or some bull like that.
Reply 139
Original post by Angie varona
They are cool with every other race except black.Even mixed race is fine but not black.

I dont like black girls at all so its all good anyway.They're ugly imo.

you were banned for a reason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending