The Student Room Group

Boyfriend broke up with me 11 months ago - never been the same since!

Hey, I was totally in love with my boyfriend, but it turned into a LDR (uni) so he broke up with me. I was totally crushed because he was my first and we were like best friends and soulmates.

He has added me back on facebook recently and keeps putting statuses of how much fun he is having and stuff and it's horrible. I am trying to forget about it but I can't.

It's all so confusing for me because i've met some great guys since then, and am seeing a guy at the moment who, before my ex, would have been perfect. Now i'm just not interested. I am also worried because I am getting really bicurious and think I might be gay but haven't done anything with a girl since I was a kid messing around with my girl friends, but I just don't feel anything for guys except for him.

I'm transferring uni's and coincidently will be living 10 minutes away from him. He knows this and still isn't interested. I asked him about getting some drinks and he ignored the message.
Reply 1
If he wasn't willing to do an LDR (and I don't even consider an hour or two an LDR) then I seriously doubt he considered you his soulmate. It's a bad case of first love. You'll just have to get over it, I'm afraid.
Reply 2
how? shag more guys?
Original post by Anonymous
how? shag more guys?
I like your attitude.

Truthfully, this **** just happens. Relationships rarely survive university and that's probably a good thing because you're unlikely to be the same person once you leave and you'll be going in totally different directions. You are at university. This means you are surrounded by men and booze, and even men who are probably willing to give you booze. Thus, chin up.
Reply 4
First, DELETE HIM FROM FACEBOOK! Trust me, you'll just keep reading statuses, looking at his photos, then when the day comes that he changes his status to 'in a relationship', you'll be crushed. Delete his facebook, his phone number and any other form of contact. I know its hard but this will do you soooo much good in the long run.

Im sorry but it doesnt sound like he's interested at all so the thing to do is forget about him and move on. The same happened to me, its been nearly 2 and a half years for me and i still think about him sometimes and yea, cry about what happened but i know im better off this way. He's just gonna do more bad for you than good
Reply 5
Reply 6
Original post by JCC-MGS
I like your attitude.

Truthfully, this **** just happens. Relationships rarely survive university and that's probably a good thing because you're unlikely to be the same person once you leave and you'll be going in totally different directions. You are at university. This means you are surrounded by men and booze, and even men who are probably willing to give you booze. Thus, chin up.

Original post by Anonymous
how? shag more guys?

Generic sexually related comment, with added smiley to enhance intent. :sexface:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending