The Student Room Group

The 50 hour study week trial - TRY IT- I'LL JOIN YOU!

dgf
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

50 hours, eh? Let's see...with 2 bank holidays it may actually be possible. But painful. Sure, I'll give it a go. I love a challenge.
Reply 2
Original post by NaturalDisaster
50 hours, eh? Let's see...with 2 bank holidays it may actually be possible. But painful. Sure, I'll give it a go. I love a challenge.

Sounds great - Keep us updated on your progress!
Reply 3
Given i have exams wednesday, thursday and the following monday and tuesday. This will probably be me anyway.
Reply 4
whats that 7 hours a day? 2.5 hours roughly per subject for 3 A levels? Sounds doable. I did about 5 hours each day when I was revising.
Reply 5
Well, we can all do it together. Hopefully no-one lies lol!
Original post by NaturalDisaster

2 bank holidays? I thought there was only one tomorrow... when's the other one?
You lot are light weights. I thought this was TSR. I do 50 hours a day, that's what got me into med school with my eleventy thousand A*s at A level.
Reply 8
I don't know if this helps. Although sometimes I feel that the work maybe too much!
But to be honest at this stage or any other for that matter- Whatever amount of relevant work you do - it will help you reach that final stretch- closer to victory...
Reply 9
Yeah I'll give it a go 50 Hours should bring me up to where I should be in my revision anyway.
Challenge Accepted
Reply 10
Original post by Sachit_201
Yeah I'll give it a go 50 Hours should bring me up to where I should be in my revision anyway.
Challenge Accepted

I hope we can all be triumphant!!

all the best this week, and keep us posted on your progress!

:smile:
Reply 11
I'll give this a try - it's a win-win situation! I either manage 50 hours & continue up until exam time or i fail but increase my revision substantially and keep trying to hit 50hrs a week.
Reply 12
It's definitely doable, I've probably been doing more. I've just finished busy season at work and that was about 12 hour days with an hour commute either side, so that was about 60 hrs a week, 70 including commute. With revision i get out of bed and have no commute so its possible to do a 12 hour day and you get the weekends completely free. unless you want to go hardcore and do 7*12 = 84 hour week, its possible but a killer lol.
Reply 13
this is why i ove TSR it keep you motivated
challenge accepted. i shall update on my progress hehe. Remember to take breaks tho.
Reply 14
50 hours = 5 university credits too :P, and a lot more than my working week which will be 30 hours this week (due to the bank holiday)

My only advice is take a break every so often (even if it's just for 5-10 minutes).

Good luck :smile:
Accepted, I don't think I will be able to do it but I'll have a go.
Reply 16
This is most excellent. I have only done about 10% of my revision so far and I've got 3 exams I need to revise for in the next 2 weeks. The only question is, how do we track each others' progress?
I'm only doing GCSE but can I? :tongue:
Reply 18
I will try as well.
Count me in.

Quick Reply

Latest