The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2380
Original post by liviaaa
Oh okay :smile: I've done mine, and they gave you a sheet of paper folded over. :smile:

They didn't bother to fold mine over since I reached the desk as it was printed and I was the only person in that room.
Reply 2381
Original post by VaVe
They didn't bother to fold mine over since I reached the desk as it was printed and I was the only person in that room.

Oh okay, mine was already on the desk by the time I got there. :tongue: Anyway sounds like a pretty efficient process!
Reply 2382
Original post by liviaaa
Oh okay, mine was already on the desk by the time I got there. :tongue: Anyway sounds like a pretty efficient process!

It is. Though I did get slightly lost trying to exit the building after the exam.
Helloo everyone, just wondering where everyone is planning on applying :smile: And if anyone is going to put down a 5th non medical choice ??
Reply 2384
Original post by VaVe
It is. Though I did get slightly lost trying to exit the building after the exam.

Haha! I'm hoping that was because you were so pleased with your results, you couldn't concentrate on anything else? :tongue:
Original post by RoadRunner
Helloo everyone, just wondering where everyone is planning on applying :smile: And if anyone is going to put down a 5th non medical choice ??

Hello. I think my non medical choice will be Biology at Imperial, UCL or Cambridge (if I don't apply there, that is)

Wbu? Where you gonna/wanna apply?
Reply 2386
Original post by liviaaa
Haha! I'm hoping that was because you were so pleased with your results, you couldn't concentrate on anything else? :tongue:

That and my complete inability to remember directions. I also got lost at my Sheffield interview and on tours on open days.
Reply 2387
Original post by VaVe
That and my complete inability to remember directions. I also got lost at my Sheffield interview and on tours on open days.

Haha okay fair enough. :tongue:
Reply 2388
Original post by SteveCrain
Hello. I think my non medical choice will be Biology at Imperial, UCL or Cambridge (if I don't apply there, that is)

Wbu? Where you gonna/wanna apply?

You can apply for the same uni twice you know with different courses ^ :smile:
Reply 2389

Hey!

I'm thinking:

Sheffield
Newcastle
Birmingham
Nottingham

I'll probably put down nursing for my 5th. You? :smile:

Not sure if I'll be putting a 5th choice yet. If I was it'd be biochemistry somewhere, but I'm not sure I'd want to do another degree without trying reapplying the next year.
I was thinking probably biochem for 5th choice, but then i liked the idea of natural sciences but its so competitive....

University choice wise i have very very little idea yet which is kinda getting worrying

I'm thinking, oxbrige (not sure which) then imperial, Newcastle, really not sure :s-smilie:
Original post by liviaaa
You can apply for the same uni twice you know with different courses ^ :smile:

I doubt Cambridge would take that as a 100% commitment to medicine.

Perhaps if there is no intercollege chat....:colone:

I'm thinking of Newcastle, Leicester, Peninsula & St George's. If, and only if, my UKCAT is above 730, I'll swap Leicester for King's. Seems a huge risk though.

I'm not going to put down a 5th choice. If I don't get in this year I will just try again.

What about you?
Reply 2394
I was thinking probably biochem for 5th choice, but then i liked the idea of natural sciences but its so competitive....

University choice wise i have very very little idea yet which is kinda getting worrying

I'm thinking, oxbrige (not sure which) then imperial, Newcastle, really not sure :s-smilie:

But no where near as competitive as medicine. :tongue:
Reply 2395
Original post by SteveCrain
I doubt Cambridge would take that as a 100% commitment to medicine.

Perhaps if there is no intercollege chat....:colone:

They all say applying for a different course won't effect your application?
Hmmmm isn't it ? I thought it was as only oxbridge really offer it :P But then medicine tends to win on all fronts haha
Hey guys reapplicant here! I'd best make myself at home here now :biggrin:

Anyway with regard to the 5th choice issue: I would put some form of bio course - medics always get accepted because our academics are usually far better than those non-medics. First of all, you have nothing to lose so just stick one down, I currently hold an offer for biomedical sciences at Newcastle. Secondly, I know you're all pretty sure you will get AAA in the end, but think if you have a complete disaster in one or a couple of exams and you dont meet your medicine offer... You cant do retakes so you will have to take a year out and apply for a non-medicine course or go through clearing. I cant understand why you wouldnt put one, and I know applicants who are now happy they have it in case their exams go tits up at the end!

Rant over :smile: btw Newcastle biomed seems really good after visiting whilst holding the offer, if anyone is interested :smile:
Original post by liviaaa
They all say applying for a different course won't effect your application?

They also say you can apply with only Cs in Maths and English at GCSE

(or something like that)
Reply 2399
Hmmmm isn't it ? I thought it was as only oxbridge really offer it :P But then medicine tends to win on all fronts haha

Oxford doesn't even offer Natural Sciences. :tongue: Only Cambridge.

Latest

Trending

Trending