The Student Room Group

Why is incest so taboo?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by Dekota-XS
If having sex in public places is acceptable, if having one night stands isn't frowned upon and if interracial relationships are acceptable these days then why hasn't society learnt to accept that incest does happen and will continue happening? Why is it such a taboo topic?

Because your mother does not want to confess that my dick was inside her last night.:smile: You gonna have a sister soon. Congratulations!
Reply 161
Original post by aeterno
Alright, which family member are you screwing, OP?

Yours.
Reply 162
Original post by secret_geek
So would I, but you can 'legally' marry your first cousins? So it's not 'incest' :s-smilie:

I can feel you up even if I am not your cousin and you should allow that.:smile:
Reply 163
Original post by Antonia87
Your screen name is really quite fitting here isnt it.

I gonna tie you down. Then take off our clothes. Then...:colone: Deep, mate, very deep.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by tazarooni89
I don't think that the state of a liberal government could do that kind of thing. The best they could do is educate people on the risks of incestuous couples producing children, and then leave it to the couple to decide whether or not it is worth taking that risk. After all, incestuous relationships can also result in perfectly healthy children too.

If the couple ends up producing a child with genetic disorders, they took the risk, so they now have to deal with it, and help the child to deal with it.

Yeah, you're probably right. Maybe that is why incest is illegal regardless of whether or not the couple have kids... just to act as a deterrence rather than the ick factor or the issue of disabled children.

It's unfair on the child, though. :frown: I wonder if an incestuous couple could get prosecuted... I've heard of the born alive rule and wrongful life suits but it's really hard to figure out the reasoning behind the legalities of those and apply them to this situation.
Original post by hatemylife
What about distant cousins? I thought that's more what incest dealt with, rather than direct family.

The further away the better I guess, though I wouldn't pursue it as a safe avenue.
Original post by ÇaBaigne_29
The further away the better I guess, though I wouldn't pursue it as a safe avenue.

But how far do you take that?
Somewhere along the line most white british people are probably related to each other.
Original post by WelshBluebird
But how far do you take that?
Somewhere along the line most white british people are probably related to each other.

Well if we're gonna go down that road no sex for anyone and everyone would be very unhappy.

I'm going to say if you can trace them relatively easily or quickly in your family tree, NO SEX.
Well if we're gonna go down that road no sex for anyone and everyone would be very unhappy.

I'm going to say if you can trace them relatively easily or quickly in your family tree, NO SEX.

Still doesn't seem a "set in stone" enough answer.

Some peoples family trees are easy to find out and trace cousins who don't even know you exist. Other peoples trees are much harder to find out and it can be difficult to trace anyone outside your immediate family (parents, grandparents and siblings).
Still doesn't seem a "set in stone" enough answer.

Some peoples family trees are easy to find out and trace cousins who don't even know you exist. Other peoples trees are much harder to find out and it can be difficult to trace anyone outside your immediate family (parents, grandparents and siblings).

I am talking about a conciousness of conducting incest, not accidental.
I am talking about a conciousness of conducting incest, not accidental.

So its ok if you don't know you are related?
So if I had a sister that I didn't know about, and ended up doing her, it would be fine.
Yet if I had say a 10th cousin (or whatever) that I knew about, it would be wrong?
Have you not seen Wrong Turn/Wrong Turn 2? :facepalm:
So its ok if you don't know you are related?
So if I had a sister that I didn't know about, and ended up doing her, it would be fine.
Yet if I had say a 10th cousin (or whatever) that I knew about, it would be wrong?

Jesus, drop it already.
I am merely giving my opinion, I am not an authority upon incest and I'm getting bored of this thread.

Why the hell do you need such specific definition? Planning anything?
Jesus, drop it already.
I am merely giving my opinion, I am not an authority upon incest and I'm getting bored of this thread.

Why the hell do you need such specific definition? Planning anything?

Nope, as I said earlier, to some degree I am just playing devils advocate. But I do find it interesting how peoples opinions can be so hypocritical, just because that is what society says.
(edited 12 years ago)
Why do my threads about zoophilia and necrophilia get locked, but one about incest doesn't?

0.o I give up with you guys, I really do.

Anyway, incest, it's wrong because the offspring produced have serious genetic problems.
Original post by imperial maniac

Anyway, incest, it's wrong because the offspring produced have serious genetic problems.

Again, what if kids were not a chance at all? (say one of them was sterile).
Again, what if kids were not a chance at all? (say one of them was sterile).

The government don't have the time or money going to investigate every individual case of incest to work out the possibility of having kids.
Reply 177
Wait, incest in my mind screams 'DIRECT FAMILY MEMBERS' hence the all explaining 'EWWW'

as for first cousins etc. debatable I suppose.

So is OP a sicko, or of a different culture?

My first instinct is no, because it would seriously interfere with the idea of a family unit. I mean, I don't particularly want to grow up in a society where my sibling might be plotting to sleep with me.
Original post by Bektas
Wait, wait, since when?

I heard you can goto jail for masturbating in public, never mind ****ing.

That's another question in itself, right there - Why is public masturbation considered to be worse than public intercourse? :confused:

Quick Reply

Latest