The Student Room Group

Why is incest so taboo?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Boom Pow
The government don't have the time or money going to investigate every individual case of incest to work out the possibility of having kids.

I'm not taking about legality. I am talking about morality. Very different things.
So if you are saying it is immoral because of the risk of ****ed up kids, then surely if you take that risk out then it should be fine?
Original post by WelshBluebird
I'm not taking about legality. I am talking about morality. Very different things.
So if you are saying it is immoral because of the risk of ****ed up kids, then surely if you take that risk out then it should be fine?

Oh, ok. People think it's disgusting because they could never imagine ever having sex with a member of their family without being repulsed. I don't see a problem with that.
Original post by Boom Pow
Oh, ok. People think it's disgusting because they could never imagine ever having sex with a member of their family without being repulsed. I don't see a problem with that.

But different people think different things are disgusting. I think watersports and scat play are disgusting. Doesn't mean I think they should be banned or are immoral though.
Again, what if kids were not a chance at all? (say one of them was sterile).

Then there is no issue. As long as they don't reproduce, I don't care what they do to each other.

I also think anyone with a serious genetic defect should have enough moral standing to adopt, use a sperm bank etc, knowingly passing genetic defects onto a child is immoral. But that's a separate issue.
But different people think different things are disgusting. I think watersports and scat play are disgusting. Doesn't mean I think they should be banned or are immoral though.

I'm not saying it should be bad.

Also, if you think something is disgusting and wrong then you think it's immoral.
Reply 185
Because you get kids like this:

Nah, it's just absolutely ****ing disgusting. :facepalm2:
Reply 186
Joseph Fritzl.

That is all.
Reply 187
Original post by Emaemmaemily
If you read what I said, I said I'm against it because it UNNATURAL, not because it's uncommon. You took that quote out of context.
It's not about prejudices, not in this instance.

I swear people can't read though. It's really annoying people carrying on quoting me when I keep trying to leave.
Please stop. Argue your point with someone who's up for it.

Unnatural = bad? Good argument :rolleyes:

How exactly ISN'T it natural?
Original post by mevidek
Because you get kids like this:

Nah, it's just absolutely ****ing disgusting. :facepalm2:

He plays a mean banjo though...
Reply 189
Original post by RequiemForADream
He plays a mean banjo though...

That's true. But what about the "SQUEAL LIKE A PIG!!!" part...
Original post by mevidek
That's true. But what about the "SQUEAL LIKE A PIG!!!" part...

Erm... :cockup:
Reply 191
Ok this may sound really stupid but surely animals have sex with brothers and sisters, do they end up all deformed?
Original post by Stefan1991
Unnatural = bad? Good argument :rolleyes:

How exactly ISN'T it natural?

Yes, unnatural = bad (when it comes to matters of sexual nature and other things to do with our bodies).

I've already explained how it is unnatural... Feel free to read those posts.
Reply 193
Original post by RequiemForADream
Erm... :cockup:

but that film is ****ed up...
Original post by mevidek
but that film is ****ed up...

It really ****ing is! :|
Reply 195
Yes, unnatural = bad (when it comes to matters of sexual nature and other things to do with our bodies).

I've already explained how it is unnatural... Feel free to read those posts.

Just because some might think it's unnatural doesn't = bad. How exactly is it unnatural? There is no such thing.
Just because some might think it's unnatural doesn't = bad. How exactly is it unnatural? There is no such thing.

I've explained before. Just read the posts.
Reply 197
I've explained before. Just read the posts.

I've read them and I wasn't that impressed.
I've read them and I wasn't that impressed.

Fair enough, that doesn't make me wrong though lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending