The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2400
Original post by SteveCrain
They also say you can apply with only Cs in Maths and English at GCSE

(or something like that)

True..

However that's easy to check, is the other?
Original post by liviaaa
True..

However that's easy to check, is the other?

Well UCAS aren't allowed to tell a med school what other courses an applicant has applied for. And if I was a medical admissions department, I would not waste time and money trawling round every other department for a list of all their applications :confused:

It won't matter at all.
Reply 2402
Original post by TooSexyForMyStethoscope
Well UCAS aren't allowed to tell a med school what other courses an applicant has applied for. And if I was a medical admissions department, I would not waste time and money trawling round every other department for a list of all their applications :confused:

It won't matter at all.

Yeah that's what I thought. Thanks for confirming. :tongue:
Original post by liviaaa
Yeah that's what I thought. Thanks for confirming. :tongue:

Conspiracy theories get a bit boring.
Haha was just about to say that
Original post by RoadRunner
Haha was just about to say that

Great minds and all that.
Mhmm, so how come everyone is still up ?
Youtubing

you?
Catching up on tv have missed revising :/
Original post by platty1907
Hey guys reapplicant here! I'd best make myself at home here now :biggrin:

Anyway with regard to the 5th choice issue: I would put some form of bio course - medics always get accepted because our academics are usually far better than those non-medics. First of all, you have nothing to lose so just stick one down, I currently hold an offer for biomedical sciences at Newcastle. Secondly, I know you're all pretty sure you will get AAA in the end, but think if you have a complete disaster in one or a couple of exams and you dont meet your medicine offer... You cant do retakes so you will have to take a year out and apply for a non-medicine course or go through clearing. I cant understand why you wouldnt put one, and I know applicants who are now happy they have it in case their exams go tits up at the end!

Rant over :smile: btw Newcastle biomed seems really good after visiting whilst holding the offer, if anyone is interested :smile:

How the f*** did you manage to get 4 rejections????? :lolwut: :afraid: :cry:

Amazing academics, amazing UKCAT!
Original post by RoadRunner
Mhmm, so how come everyone is still up ?

Trying to think of what I could put down as my 5th choice after your post :tongue:

I'm considering for medicine:

UCL or Kings (Depends on UKCAT, if it's 750+, I'll go for Kings)
Leicester
Newcastle
Keele

And undecided yet on the 5th choice, although the following are appealing to me:

Human Biology and Medicinal Chemistry Keele BSc (Hons.) CF1C
Anatomical Sciences Manchester BSc (Hons.) B110
Original post by thegodofgod
Trying to think of what I could put down as my 5th choice after your post :tongue:

I'm considering for medicine:

UCL or Kings (Depends on UKCAT, if it's 750+, I'll go for Kings)
Leicester
Newcastle
Keele

And undecided yet on the 5th choice, although the following are appealing to me:

Human Biology and Medicinal Chemistry Keele BSc (Hons.) CF1C
Anatomical Sciences Manchester BSc (Hons.) B110

Just out of interest, would you actually take up your fifth choice? If the worst happened?
Just out of interest, would you actually take up your fifth choice? If the worst happened?

Probably not... :getmecoat: :ninja:

I'd take a gap year and reapply - although my mum thinks that medicine isn't tough to get into at all and she thinks I'll get 4 offers -.-

She doesn't even want me to take a gap year, if I "hypothetically don't get into medical school"!
Probably not... :getmecoat: :ninja:

I'd take a gap year and reapply - although my mum thinks that medicine isn't tough to get into at all and she thinks I'll get 4 offers -.-

She doesn't even want me to take a gap year, if I "hypothetically don't get into medical school"!

Well then maybe you shouldn't even fill up the fifth space. If you know that you won't take the place should you be unsuccessful then it seems pretty superfluous to me :smile:
Well then maybe you shouldn't even fill up the fifth space. If you know that you won't take the place should you be unsuccessful then it seems pretty superfluous to me :smile:

:hmmm:
:hmmm:

Well it isn't compulsory :smile: You don't have to use all 5 choices.

The other option is that you have a look at pharmacy or something as your 5th choice.
Well it isn't compulsory :smile: You don't have to use all 5 choices.

The other option is that you have a look at pharmacy or something as your 5th choice.

But pharmacy's boringgggggg... :tongue:

Medicine's way cooler! :cool:
But pharmacy's boringgggggg... :tongue:

Medicine's way cooler! :cool:

Well medicine is cool :smile: But there is nothing wrong with pharmacy. I just don't see why you should apply for a course you 100% won't be doing.
I just don't see why you should apply for a course you 100% won't be doing.

I know... :getmecoat: :sad:
I know... :getmecoat: :sad:

Oh well :rolleyes:

Latest

Trending

Trending