Original post by thegodofgod
So what you up to?

Reading about HIV and non-hodgkins lymphomas :closedeyes:
Original post by TooSexyForMyStethoscope
Reading about HIV and non-hodgkins lymphomas :closedeyes:

Doing your SSC work?
Doing your SSC work?

Supposedly :tongue: It's going quite well so far.
Supposedly :tongue: It's going quite well so far.

So what do you have to do? Research some topic and then make a presentation on it to lecturers/professionals in that field?

BTW: WHY DID YOU CHANGE THE COLOUR OF YOUR USER NAME???

It looked really cool! :love:
(edited 12 years ago)
So what do you have to do? Research some topic and then make a presentation on it to lecturers/professionals in that field?

BTW: WHY DID YOU CHANGE THE COLOUR OF YOUR USER NAME???

It looked really cool! :love:

Basically. 5000 word report, individual essay and presentation for tutors and students in the same sub group (immunology)

Back by popular demand :smile:
Basically. 5000 word report, individual essay and presentation for tutors and students in the same sub group (immunology)

Back by popular demand :smile:

ahh - sort of like EPQ, but to a higher level I suppose.

So what made you go for this particular topic? Previous research? Interest?

How the f*** did you manage to get 4 rejections????? :lolwut: :afraid: :cry:

Amazing academics, amazing UKCAT!

Why thank you :smile: but unfortunately many good applicants don't get in first time round as you will probably know. I feel that I didn't apply to unis which complemented the strengths of my application. The worst thing was when I got feedback from st Andrews, they said if I had selected the Manchester campus I would have gotten an offer :frown:

Anyway after a full round of ucas under my belt I am surprisingly knowledgeable about almost everything related to your application so if anyone has a query just quote or inbox me, I'll be happy to help :smile: I also have a lot of friends who got offers so if I don't know, I'm sure they will.
ahh - sort of like EPQ, but to a higher level I suppose.

So what made you go for this particular topic? Previous research? Interest?

Well basically there were hot girls in this group :cool:
Well basically there were hot girls in this group :cool:

LOL - but if you do somehow screw up, you're gonna get screwed (and not in the good way :perv:)
Original post by platty1907
Why thank you :smile: but unfortunately many good applicants don't get in first time round as you will probably know. I feel that I didn't apply to unis which complemented the strengths of my application. The worst thing was when I got feedback from st Andrews, they said if I had selected the Manchester campus I would have gotten an offer :frown:

Anyway after a full round of ucas under my belt I am surprisingly knowledgeable about almost everything related to your application so if anyone has a query just quote or inbox me, I'll be happy to help :smile: I also have a lot of friends who got offers so if I don't know, I'm sure they will.

Wow that's harsh! (the Manchester campus thing)

Have you decided where you're going to apply this time round then?

Best of luck :biggrin:
LOL - but if you do somehow screw up, you're gonna get screwed (and not in the good way :perv:)

I was joking :tongue: It seemed the most interesting tbh. About 110 people are doing neurology....so boring. I have no interest in memory or male vs female brain :rolleyes:
I was joking :tongue: It seemed the most interesting tbh. About 110 people are doing neurology....so boring. I have no interest in memory or male vs female brain :rolleyes:

Anyone doing anything to do with the liver? The liver's really cool :cool: :h:
Anyone doing anything to do with the liver? The liver's really cool :cool: :h:

Erm don't think so.

It certainly helps to process the disgusting volumes of alcohol we drink :biggrin:
Erm don't think so.

It certainly helps to process the disgusting volumes of alcohol we drink :biggrin:

I know - one of my chemistry teachers was telling us really cool stuff about dogs consuming car antifreeze (Ethane-1,2-diol) and thus, they have to be fed bottles of pure vodka via a funnel to get rid of that alcohol.

Really cool :cool:
I know - one of my chemistry teachers was telling us really cool stuff about dogs consuming car antifreeze (Ethane-1,2-diol) and thus, they have to be fed bottles of pure vodka via a funnel to get rid of that alcohol.

Really cool :cool:

It may sound cool, but wait til you have explain why that happens. Metabolism lectures were the worst bit of biochem, so many cycles....
It may sound cool, but wait til you have explain why that happens. Metabolism lectures were the worst bit of biochem, so many cycles....

Do you also cover genetics in biochem? I find that genetics is the worst bit of biology (after plants of course :tongue:)
Do you also cover genetics in biochem? I find that genetics is the worst bit of biology (after plants of course :tongue:)

Kinda separate but it is in there. They teach you the basics and then tend to build up as you go through the systems.
Kinda separate but it is in there. They teach you the basics and then tend to build up as you go through the systems.

Cool stuff... well not really, but anyway... :ninja:

I'm off to bed - tired :yawn:

Good night :smile:
And so another day of revision begins ! :'(