The Student Room Group

POST HERE For Discussion About The DEATH OF OSAMA BIN LADEN (Updated)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Suetonius
Delighted. Justice has been served. Especially if it was a U.S. bomb that got him. Unfortunate that he couldn't have stood trial, and been made to observe the suffering he's inflicted on the planet. But satisfying nonetheless.

The best outcome would have been a trial and life in solitary confinement.

However, it is a great time. Finally, he is dead.
Original post by ibysaiyan
How come he's a martyr ?
From when did al-qaeada become some sort of caliphate.
:rolleyes:
/Thread

Caliphate would be the wrong expression to use, i don't buy into your analogy there even though it was in sarcasm.

It's more a weed that doesn't really need that relatively many resources to cause widespread devestation. Hence the reason why i emphasised the ideological basis.
Reply 43
So what does this change? Is Al-Qaeda automatically going to disarm themselves and disband? I don't think so. One man goes and another replaces him.
Reports are saying he was killed outside a mansion in Islamabad. Pakistan has some serious explaining to do.
Reply 45
Original post by OrmondDrone
CBS says President 'due to speak momentarily'.

Was 'meant to speak' about 45 minutes ago.

I myself have been watching the live stream for like 25 minutes now.

Am i weird? Maybe xD

-
(Killed by a drone attack apparently)
Reply 46
I don't get it how come rooting off one man will lead to world peace :rolleyes:
Some of us do believe in sweet ending fairy tales.

Killing any al-Qaeda/al-Qaeda affiliate is a step in the right direction
Does that mean cheaper gas?

We should all celebrate even though gaddafi is still alive lol
Reply 48
Original post by Baltimoron
Reports are saying he was killed outside a mansion in Islamabad. Pakistan has some serious explaining to do.

Link me, please
Tommyjw
Was 'meant to speak' about 45 minutes ago.

I myself have been watching the live stream for like 25 minutes now.

Am i weird? Maybe xD

No more weird than I. CBS saying delay in statement due to 'calibrations in the White House'.
I love how after so many years, when it is believed to be true, no one really cares, lol.

Also I love how like they love to state US killed him, for, you know, their HISTORYYYYYYY"!!!!!!111111.

It's not even on yet!Why are they taking forever!?!! :mob:
Reply 53
'Osama bin Laden was killed by U.S. forces in a mansion outside the Pakistani capital of Islamabad along with other family members,'

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/05/01/obama-to-make-statment-tonight-subject-unknown/?hpt=C1
Reply 54
According to AJE http://english.aljazeera.net/news/americas/2011/05/2011522132275789.html, the US have his body already, so it's likely that he's indeed recently dead.
Won't make any difference to the conflict though, aside from the US PR boost.
Original post by Suetonius
Link me, please

Anderson Cooper, along with other notable news personalities, have tweeted it.
Reply 56
I would laugh if Osama Bin Laden released new video footage reporting from a tropical island whilst wearing Ray-Ban sunglasses and drinking a cocktail; and saying that they have killed the wrong man.
Reply 57
Original post by f00ddude
CRAP your right, weve just opened the gate for revenge attacks :frown:

What the....?!?! If you really think about it, the number of people who wanted him gone FAR OUTWEIGHS anybody who supported him. Besides, with him gone, his power rangers don't really have a leader.
Reply 59
Original post by JGR
According to AJE http://english.aljazeera.net/news/americas/2011/05/2011522132275789.html, the US have his body already, so it's likely that he's indeed recently dead.
Won't make any difference to the conflict though, aside from the US PR boost.

I've even read he's been dead for a week or so and that they have just been waiting on DNA results.

Dunno if that makes a difference.. and whether its true or would even need to be a lie or whatever, just thought i;d provide that input :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending