The Student Room Group

Everyday Underwear Question...girls!

I figured I'd post this here as I dont know anyone and I didnt really want to ask any of my friends.

Does anyone (girl that is!) wear stockings with a suspender belt for just normal everyday use instead of tights?

I have worn them a few times and find them actually more comfortable than tights. They are a bit fiddly at first with the little clips on the suspenders but way more comfy.

We have to wear uniform in our sixth form and have to wear a skirt and dark tights. Do you think I would be okay wearing stockings and suspender belt instead to school? Our uniform is just traditional shirt, tie, skirt, blazer but has to be smart (urrgh) and our skirt has to be knee length.

Does anyone else ever wear stockings to school or everyday?

Scroll to see replies

I used to wear stockings and a suspender belt for school and I do now I'm at uni just for every day.
They are a lot comfier and generally look better too. :smile:
Stops your toes curling up :wink:
Reply 3
Yes, absolutely nothing wrong with wearing stockings if you're more comfy in them. And if your skirt's knee length, nobody will even notice. Just do what makes you comfortable.
Reply 4
Depending on how long my skirt is i'll wear stockings (hold ups usually), and i find them alot comfier than tights.

Wear them if you want to just make sure they cant be seen if your skirt rides up or something cos youll get accused of being an attention seeker.
Reply 5
Richard Hawley's been robbed.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 6
I do - they're more comfortable than tights! I wore them regularly at school too - with a decent length skirt no-one else will know what you're wearing, so no problem.
Why keep it a secret though, surely there's some fun in letting select people catch a glimpse :wink:
Reply 8
Original post by pixie-amelia
I figured I'd post this here as I dont know anyone and I didnt really want to ask any of my friends.

Does anyone (girl that is!) wear stockings with a suspender belt for just normal everyday use instead of tights?

I have worn them a few times and find them actually more comfortable than tights. They are a bit fiddly at first with the little clips on the suspenders but way more comfy.

We have to wear uniform in our sixth form and have to wear a skirt and dark tights. Do you think I would be okay wearing stockings and suspender belt instead to school? Our uniform is just traditional shirt, tie, skirt, blazer but has to be smart (urrgh) and our skirt has to be knee length.

Does anyone else ever wear stockings to school or everyday?

Yep, I do and have done for a few years now.

If your skirt is long enough I don't see why it would be a problem. I find stockings comfier, more practical and more hygienic than tights and wear them to work everyday and just when I'm out and about. If you do wear them to school though I recommend that you invest in a good suspender belt (or even better get someone else to buy it!) with metal clasps (very important for everyday wear) and a slip if your school skirt is quite tight.

Let me know if you want details of where to get good belts from.

H
Reply 9
Original post by Walter Ego
Why keep it a secret though, surely there's some fun in letting select people catch a glimpse :wink:

Ew why? She's in school. A school with a knee-length skirt uniform policy...
lol i wonder how many men come in here :biggrin:
Original post by H&C

If your skirt is long enough I don't see why it would be a problem. I find stockings comfier, more practical and more hygienic than tights and wear them to work everyday and just when I'm out and about. If you do wear them to school though I recommend that you invest in a good suspender belt (or even better get someone else to buy it!) with metal clasps (very important for everyday wear) and a slip if your school skirt is quite tight.

H

Where did you get a belt with metal clips?

I wear suspenders every day for work, they're so much more comfortable. I find hold ups just never hold up on me :/
Reply 12
Original post by Zebrastripes
Where did you get a belt with metal clips?

I wear suspenders every day for work, they're so much more comfortable. I find hold ups just never hold up on me :/

Hi, there's quite a few places I shop from. I'll pm you with the details.

H
Original post by H&C

H

Thank you :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by H&C

H

Why do you say a slip as well? I can see why metal clips - already broken one. Do you find any brand of stocking is better than others - I try to find just plain dark ones - but they are usually from supermarket and don't last to well.
Reply 15
Why do you say a slip as well? I can see why metal clips - already broken one. Do you find any brand of stocking is better than others - I try to find just plain dark ones - but they are usually from supermarket and don't last to well.

If you wear a tight skirt (like a pencil skirt) for school, then there's a possibility that the straps of your suspender belt will show through the skirt as an outline (like a VPL). This could lead to a bit of unwanted attention / comments especially when it appears that you're only planning on wearing suspenders for the right reasons. A slip can help disguise the bumps.

I hadn't really thought about the plastic clips breaking. From my point of view, I've had them come undone (i.e. the plastic nub can pop out and undo from the stocking) and also the bit that adjusts the length of the strap isn't usually as secure when they're plastic.

Which supermarkets are you buying your stockings from and what sort do you want? Thin, thick etc? Feel free to PM if you prefer.

H
Original post by H&C

H

Ooh you couldn't PM me as well, could you please? I am also a victim of hold ups that ... don't.
Reply 17
Original post by H&C

H

Any chance you could PM me as well? I absolute hate hold ups at the moment!
Reply 18

I get my everyday stockings from BHS - they do them as plain black (sheer ones rather than thick opaques) and natural. And getting them in multipacks means that if you get a ladder (highly likely at school!) the 'good' leg isn't wasted as it can go to make up another pair. :smile:
Reply 19
One more thing - if you wear stockings all day then wear your knickers OVER your suspender belt, it makes going to the loo so much easier...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending