The Student Room Group

Osama Bin laden's death will incite more terrorism, so what are we celebrating about?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by No Future
Because America came again to save the mother****ing day, yeah!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWS-FoXbjVI

:rolleyes:

Beat me to it, damnit! :biggrin:
Osama was a few meters from a military base in Islamabad??? (from bbc)
Ohh :ninja:
Must be some :eek3: going on...
Reply 22
Original post by SimpleJane
Haven't even thought about whether it will encourage or discourage more terrorism. All I could think about was the poor american reporter on sky news who kept saying Obama instead of Osama when talking about his death. How embarrassing!

Got a link? :smile:
What?!! This was a conspiracy? Awww...
Original post by play_fetch
I can't help but feel a bit happy that someone who organised the deaths of 1000s of people is dead.. but yeah this is going to kick up a big **** storm.. now what is going to happen? With no leader the Al Queda will just get out of control and do a lot of stupid things...

WHY did they just shoot him? What were they even doing in Pakistan? Surely it would have been much better to catch the ****er.. now he'll just be a martyr. And they've already burried him at sea? It doesn't make a lot of sense.

And now I'm worrying about the London Olympics.. 1000s from all over the world, would be an attack against the West for sure..

I think the US would have been in a lot more danger if they'd just locked him away. We (the west) maybe end up with retaliation hits, but if he were only locked up, then they'd try and get him out by any means necessary. This would mean more terrorist attacks, probably kidnappings and people held hostage. I think either way they being attacked, but by killing him they send out a zero-tolerance attitude and we have yet to whether or not there will even be retaliation attacks. Also, as someone said, he could quite easily have been a cover/scapegoat for someone else.

They were in the country because since August last year they had an idea about where he was in hiding and since then the American government has been piecing everything together to find him. So they were there to kill him.

Also, I didn't realise they'd buried him at sea :s-smilie: I heard that the US government still had his body :/ If he was buried at sea, then there is now no longer any proof that he existed or that he's dead, so this will no doubt create conspiracy theories.
As horrible as it is to celebrate someone's death, it's great that they finally got him - but I think we might be fearing reprisal for some time.
The moment I heard that wangbadan was killed I had such a sense of relief. Having one of your teachers at your school collapse on the ground cause her fiancee was killed by bin laden is strong enough memory to make this news savory.
Reply 27
Original post by slavetosociety
People are so easily distracted. Just a few days ago Al Queda warned a Nuclear Hellstorm if Bin Laden was killed - this obviously means the Americans knew where he was hiding, so why wait a while?

Shouts "conspiracy" everywhere.

lol what? I dont wanna be bombed :[
Original post by Stratos
We're not even sure about that.

You are ****-ing Moron, honestly just go away. So who did it, Bush? Haliburton? Or let me guess ISRAEL! Ignoring facts seems to be fun in your own little world.
There's more than 3000 deaths that he's responsible for.

But while it's good that he's apparently gone... We all know that terrorism will continue, and we need to work to stop it all together.
Reply 30
I find this report of his death really confusing since he was legally declared dead 8 years ago from natural causes. He was buried according to Muslim tradition and his will was even finalized. don't believe everything the government and media tell you do a little research of your own and you will find plenty of evidence against this claim it never ceases to amaze me what the government will say to get people to blindly follow them
Reply 31
Original post by PKU_Research007
You are ****-ing Moron, honestly just go away. So who did it, Bush? Haliburton? Or let me guess ISRAEL! Ignoring facts seems to be fun in your own little world.

Aren't you the moron for being close-minded?

I don't know who did it but it doesn't make sense physically for a skyscraper with a redundant structure to collapse under heat from jet fuel.

Hence there must have been other things going on, that's all I'm going to say.
Good luck trusting the media it's not like they lie as wiki leaks have shown many times.
Reply 32
Original post by slavetosociety
People are so easily distracted. Just a few days ago Al Queda warned a Nuclear Hellstorm if Bin Laden was killed - this obviously means the Americans knew where he was hiding, so why wait a while?

Shouts "conspiracy" everywhere.

Because they wanted to be sure? The guy has already slipped through their fingers a number of times
Reply 33
We celebrate because this feels like justice for the families who lost their loved ones because of this man in Nairobi, New York and elsewhere. I know people who lost loved ones and friends in these attacks and although this won't bring an end to the terror he helped bring about, but they can breath a sigh of relief knowing some form of justice appears to have been served.
Reply 34
I'm going to quote my post from the other thread:

Original post by rmanoj
I don't think we really need to be worried about revenge attacks because:

1) The only people who are going to consider Osama a martyr are the crazies who already were members/ supporters of Al-Qaeda. I doubt their base of support is going to increase because of this, so they're not going to gain any more resources.

2) Al-Qaeda have presumably been trying their best against the US all along (why wouldn't they?), and mostly just failing. Without some extra resources, they're not suddenly going to be capable of pulling off a serious revenge attack, no matter how much they want to.
Reply 35
Original post by Stratos

I don't know who did it but it doesn't make sense physically for a skyscraper with a redundant structure to collapse under heat from jet fuel.

Good luck trusting the media it's not like they lie as wiki leaks have shown many times.

Mate, your not watching a film, this is real. I think its perfectly normal for a building to fall down if its had two huge planes fly into it LOL at your face.
Reply 36
Original post by simstar
Mate, your not watching a film, this is real. I think its perfectly normal for a building to fall down if its had two huge planes fly into it LOL at your face.

One plane hit it at around 300 metres, this doesn't mean the whole building should have collapsed, as a matter of fact it didn't until the fire started to 'melt' the steel support at 800C.

But guess what, steel melts at 1500C.
Original post by Stratos
One plane hit it at around 300 metres, this doesn't mean the whole building should have collapsed, as a matter of fact it didn't until the fire started to 'melt' the steel support at 800C.

But guess what, steel melts at 1500C.

I like a good conspiracy theory as much as the next person.

But whilst temperatures did not get high enough to melt steel, it was certainly hot enough to weaken the steel.
Reply 38
Original post by Stratos

Yawn. Really? Steel weakens at around 1200 degrees. Fire inside the building? 1500 roughly. Its been proven these tempruters cause steel to drastically weaken. It looses something like 3/4s of its holding strength
Reply 39
Original post by solusoracle
I like a good conspiracy theory as much as the next person.

But whilst temperatures did not get high enough to melt steel, it was certainly hot enough to weaken the steel.

Technically it shouldn't even start weakening until 1100C.

Original post by Aj12
Yawn. Really? Steel weakens at around 1200 degrees. Fire inside the building? 1500 roughly. Its been proven these tempruters cause steel to drastically weaken. It looses something like 3/4s of its holding strength

Maximum temperature from fuel burning in air is 1000C so how could it even reach 1500C?

And I also found this which might prove useful; http://911research.wtc7.net/mirrors/guardian2/wtc/how-hot.htm
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending