The Student Room Group

POST HERE For Discussion About The DEATH OF OSAMA BIN LADEN (Updated)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lou_Ferrigno
uh, boss, that's verifiably untrue. you've been reading too much horatio hornblower - "buried in the sea" wtf? you made that up.

they have the body. also, it'd be a little macabre for the president to show pictures on international TV, so i'm not surprised the pics didn't come out at that time.

read on BBC, he was "buried in the sea"
about time!
No he was burried at sea to avoid his grave becoming a shrine for his followers apparently
I am against state sanction killing but I'm not some snotty liberal who will have trouble sleeping over the news Osama Bin Laden is dead. I won't defend mass murderers.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 344
Original post by Alexisonfire
Thing is though, the US has no reason to lie about it.

Of course they do.
The timing of his death is so convenient, it's come right in the middle of Obama's re-election campaign. He's currently a hero in America, no doubt his campaign will be effected in a good way.
I don't think they would say he was dead if they weren't ABSOLUTELY sure. Can you imagine the reaction if he popped up in the next few years saying 'hey guys, still here...hurhurhur.' and it's not as if the US government and Bin Laden have such a great relationship they could ask him to 'lie low' for a little while...How would that go?
Obama: Look Bin Laden, I know we've had our differences in the past, but I'd really like to be re elected and your death would really help my poll numbers...Just do me a favour and no more video's for a while - yeah?
Bin Laden:... -.-
Reply 346
Original post by ihaveyourcat
No he was burried at sea to avoid his grave becoming a shrine for his followers apparently

Regardless of why, its still open to causing loads of conspiracies. The fact that they didn't provide any evidence etc fuels people's thoughts that it's all a bit of a farce.
Reply 347
Original post by mel0n
I find it hard to believe things that are just said without evidence. If he is dead then fair enough but it'd be far more believable (and there'll be less conspiracy theories) if they had provided some, or any, form of evidence.

If they really did bury him already then be assured that they've provided ammo for the right wing.
I said it before: I want video evidence of this. DNA results and all of that. It needs to be empirical , otherwise the entire claims will forever be a moot point.
Original post by in_your_face
That's all weird.

No photographic evidence (apart from some blurry pictures that show some dead Arab - could be anyone)
His body "was buried in the sea" - yeah, right.

I think USA has been chasing a ghost and just found some random similar-looking arab, killed him and now celebrate "we killed number 1 terrorist".

Either Bin Laden has been dead for some years, or he is still alive, but he was not killed by the US soldiers yesterday.

Maybe Osama Bin Laden never even existed.

They're probably laundering money, or something.

He didnt die yesterday... He was killed last August. read the bbc.
1- Obama lies to the entire world, risking a counter attack from al Qaeda agents for the sake of cheering some Americans up a bit.

2- he's telling the truth.

I think no 2 is more likely tbh.
"U S and A! U S and A!" :borat:
I haven't for a second believed that he is dead. I am too skeptical of the American Governments' actions.
Reply 352
He died in a fire-fight, along with several others. It's not like they took him behind a shed and shot him.
Legally speaking, that is good enough for the Americans and Pakistanis.
Reply 353
Original post by vilongo
If they really did bury him already then be assured that they've provided ammo for the right wing.
I said it before: I want video evidence of this. DNA results and all of that. It needs to be empirical , otherwise the entire claims will forever be a moot point.

Lol, DNA evidence is a little far. A video or picture would at least set people's minds at 'rest' that it is in fact true. At the moment ANYTHING could be made of the situation.
Even if they faked his death I think they'd only dare to do so if they had evidence of what we've all suspected for a while anyway - that the man has been dead for years already. But instead of saying, "oh yeah, we found out that he died in some cave in 2007", they want to make a big propaganda event out of it, and say the US actually killed him to death themselves, as opposed to, I dunno, dysentery or something. I suppose that's kind of possible.
If there's any chance he's still alive it's simply too big of a gamble to lie.

I'm never much of a conspiracy believer anyway but I really do believe the guy is dead.
Original post by Guru Jason
He didnt die yesterday... He was killed last August. read the bbc.

Nope, the lead first came about in August. If you read again you'll see that August was when they first found out where he was hiding/living in Pakistan.
Reply 356
Blah blah blah conspiracy theory blah blah blah.

Shut up.
That's highly odd they've already buried him...Do they really expect everyone to believe this (I really hope it's true) without evidence? Who knows, maybe he died a year ago of "natural causes" and now they're like "oh we killed him!".

It'll be interesting to see if any other evidence - or the opposite - comes out in the next few days or weeks.
Reply 359

LOL, cos such a long article can really be considered as a summary.

Quick Reply

Latest