The Student Room Group

Why did he apologise and then not reply????

I was seeing this guy for a month, he ditched me for another girl.. told me he didn't want to speak to me again/to forget about him. A few months after she cheated on him he messaged me on facebook saying I am sorry, I was stupid, I regret what I did etc. that he realises he was very nasty and that isn't like him to do that. I replied like now you know what it feels like, you really hurt me etc and he hasn't replied since. Why did he try to apologise and then not reply? is it because I didn't give the response he wanted? I had replied since apologising for over reacting when he said sorry but he still didn't reply.
Reply 1
Once a cheat always a cheat, get over him.
Why on earth would he reply?
Sounds like you sent him a bitter angry reply. Which given the situation, is fare enough, but who would actually reply to that?

Surely this is an obvious one, or am I missing something?
Don't keep chasin' you'll just make him realise you'll always let it slide, make him earn your respect and words again, otherwise he'll just walk all over you again :\

Generally what happens with me just flip reversed
Reply 4
What's the time scale? He hasn't replied in days, weeks, months? Maybe he's busy, or maybe he wants some self-satisfaction in telling you he's sorry so that he loses his guilt, for him to then move on to someone new. I think it's the latter, and "once a cheat always a cheat", as said above.
Reply 5
Original post by Joe Weavurrr
Why on earth would he reply?
Sounds like you sent him a bitter angry reply. Which given the situation, is fare enough, but who would actually reply to that?

Surely this is an obvious one, or am I missing something?

Yea, OP I am suspicious of your paraphrased description of your reply to him. I expect it was quite unpleasant, and besides even if it wasn't then why would he reply? Did you ask specific questions in it that he was meant to reply to? Were you hoping for an argument with him? It sounds to me like the matter is closed, he apologised, and you shouldn't expect any further correspondence.
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
I was seeing this guy for a month, he ditched me for another girl.. told me he didn't want to speak to me again/to forget about him. A few months after she cheated on him he messaged me on facebook saying I am sorry, I was stupid, I regret what I did etc. that he realises he was very nasty and that isn't like him to do that. I replied like now you know what it feels like, you really hurt me etc and he hasn't replied since. Why did he try to apologise and then not reply? is it because I didn't give the response he wanted? I had replied since apologising for over reacting when he said sorry but he still didn't reply.

You shouldn't have replied apologising, he sounds like a dick. If he did that to you he obviously doesn't care that much. I'd say you should forget about him and find someone better :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending